PDA

View Full Version : June 30th - July 3

CogsworthWest
07-17-2008, 12:23 PM
I don't have the memory you all do to make this a detailed trip report, but I did want to check-in and let you all know what a great time we had.

I was expecting huge summer crowds..something I had wrapped my little brain around and was ready to endure. We arrived at our hotel (Anaheim Hilton) around 5:00 p.m. and took the shuttle over to the park around 6:00. To my great surprise, there were no lines to get in! We literally walked right up and handed out tickets to a CM and walked on in.

I thought it was a Monday fluke, but it turned out the entire week was just like that. We walked right on to rides and only waited 45 minutes for the new Toy Story Mania ride. The most we waited on anything else was 10 minutes. I asked a CM why she thought the crowds were so low and she couldn't explain it. You know the economy must be bad when even Disney feels the hit.

Lots of nice little things happened to make our trip memorable: (1) Our daughter was presented with an "exclusive" (her words) Tinker Bell pin from a CM working the monorail; (2) Just by chance, our table was water-side at the Blue Bayou..without even asking; (3) We had a front seat in one of the boats on POTC; (4) our shuttle to and from the hotel to DL was always waiting for us; (5) We procurred great seating at the winery for the new Pixar parade - complete with a couple of glasses of wine; (6) The weather was amazing; and (7) We got to watch the new commercial being filmed.

A great trip with minimal crowds and perfect weather. The CM I spoke to about crowds told me it has been like this for a long time...and probably will continue into the remainder of the summer. For any of you with a trip coming up, I think you'll have a great time!

shan-ash
07-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Glad you guys had a great time! Going to Disneyland is a future dream for us:mickey:

MegaDisney
07-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks for posting this! I am glad you enjoyed your trip!

The economy really has effected the crowds at Disneyland this summer...:ill:

NotaGeek
07-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Thanks for posting ... and it's nice to see you on the boards! :thumbsup:

Well, I am sad to hear that the summer crowds aren't there, but it must be a treat for people like you that got a crowd free week! :mickey:

yjgirl715
07-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Glad to hear you had such a great trip- hope we get some of the luck for our trip!:mickey:

tinkwest
07-18-2008, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the report. I know you have really been looking forward to this trip and it sounds like it turned out great for your family. :balloon:

I agree that although it is not uncrowded, it seems to be less crowded than summers in the recent past.

LittleSpirit02
07-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Sounds like a great trip! Perfect weather, perfect crowds. :) I'll be there in a month so I'm hoping to have the same luck. Any reccomendations for food at the Blue Bayou? ;)

dtootsie42
07-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Wow, sounds like it was a great trip. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
07-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Sounds like you picked a wonderful week to be in Disneyland! I am glad you had such a good time with so many special moments. You have me thinking my Spetember Trip can not get here fast enough! Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

Diznee4Me
08-06-2008, 08:41 AM
Thanks for posting. Reading great posts make me look forward to my first trip in a few weeks all the more.

pdrlkr
08-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: