PDA

View Full Version : Princess Storybook Breakfast @ EPCOT

JRoberts1015
07-17-2008, 06:49 AM
Has anyone done the Princess Storybook Breakfast in EPCOT. I have a res. booked for Nov. and was curious to see how it stands up to Cinderella's.
We just got back 2 weeks ago from out most recent trip where we did Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast. To be quite honest, it was worth the money to see my 3 year olds face light up when the Princesses arrived, but the food was not really kid friendly.
Although, my son and I both agreed that Jasmine was smokin' hot and it was definately worth something to see her parade around, we probably will not do the breakfast again.
Any advise will be much appreciated.

P.S. If any of you know my wife, please don't mention that smokin hot comment. Thanks,

donnah77
07-17-2008, 10:40 AM
We went to the Princess Storybook breakfast at Norway last year, and we really loved it! The location is not quite as grand as CRT, but it is still lovely. I also appreciated not having that unintelligible woman calling out for "Lords and Ladies of the Castle" while waiting for the Cindy pic, LOL! You get a formal picture sitting with Belle in her ball gown. Just as many princesses visit, and they do a great job spending time with the kids.

The food is more kid friendly. They serve family style eggs, meats, a fabulous potato dish, and breads at the table. Additionally, there is a buffet with a nice selection to give some variety for the kids and parents alike. Some fun traditional Norwegian foods too.

Give yourself some extra time to get there if you are going for breakfast as it is a bit of a hike across the park. But its a nice stroll before WS opens. We also got to see a bunch of people taking the Segway tour which was neat.

p.s. - my DS was only 10 months old when we went to CRT this spring, and he totally agrees on the smokin hot Jasmine - he was smitten!

momofdisneyprincess
07-17-2008, 02:03 PM
I actually prefer the Princess Storybook breakfast to CRT. Having all that many princesses in one location is priceless. Mulan is there too (at least she was when we went). The food was okay, but not outstanding. Again, we were going more for the princesses than the food.

I think your sentiments toward Jasmine are shared by many. As Jasmine came over my daughter yelled, "Hey daddy...here comes your favorite princess" and you heard everyone around us laugh. Then she proceeded to tell Jasmine how her daddy loves her and thinks she is the prettiest of all the other princesses and made my husband pose for a picture with her. Too funny. It is my favorite princess meal though. :thumbsup:

cal5755
07-17-2008, 02:57 PM
We love Akershus. My kids get to pick their favorite TS place to eat at and my DS 12 picked this place. Of course now I assume it must be for the smokin hot Jasmine!! LOL. We have done lunch and dinner. We like to try different food and we enjoyed our meals. They offer a appetizer bar so if you dont like your entree you can certainly fill up on the different cheeses etc. they offer. When we went they had Jasmine, Pocohantas, Snow White, Aurora and Ariel and of course the formal picture with Belle. We have heard of people seeing cinderella and mulan as well. The character interaction was great and my girls had fun getting their pictures with all the princesses!! I am sure you will enjoy the experience!!

Have a magical trip!!

Gator
07-17-2008, 03:13 PM
I've been to both, and I prefer Norway. CRT is very expensive, and I agree with the fact that the menu is not kid friendly. It seems the princess interaction is better at Norway, and you don't have to wait in line to get a pic with Cinderella. CRT has a better feel in it, but that's not discounting how Akershus looks on the inside.

And yes, Jasmine was there, and she was hot:secret:

Disney fans..
07-17-2008, 04:25 PM
We have also been to the Norway princess breakfast and are going again this November and we just absolutley love it! It is the only Character meal that we have done over and over. :thumbsup: My daughter loves all of the Princess that come around.

My husband and 16 yr old also think Princess
Jasmine is the HOTTEEST Princess around! :princess:

jonahbear2006
07-17-2008, 04:27 PM
i also prefer akershus to crt. we have done both and princesses spend more time with you at akershus, the food is better, the cost is better, and I really liked the location because the world showcase is swarming with characters during the early lunch hour and you will be amonst all of this after you eat. We got soooo many pictures taken at that time. I highly recommend this. you will run into aladdin, beauty and the beast, dopie and snow white, mickey, minnie, lilo and stitch, and pluto. Just make sure you check the times guide when you arrive to make sure you know what times they will arrive.

Simba'sBud
07-17-2008, 04:51 PM
My DW and I don't have any kids of our own yet, so each trip so far has been without children. From our standpoint, Akershus was overall better. The food was awesome and the characters did seem to spend more time at each table. And there were princesses there that you don't normally see such as Mulan. I would definitely keep this as my first choice.

On the other hand, there were two things that helped keep our experience at CRT stuck in our heads:

1. Walking into MK and down Main Street before anyone else enters the park is a priceless feeling.

2. This may not pertain to everyone, but since it was our anniversary, we were seated at the table beside the center window overlooking Fantasyland. That view was fantastic!

So, technically, you can't go wrong either way, but for food, service, and character interaction, Akershus is the way to go!

Enjoy!! :mickey: