PDA

View Full Version : Adding Dining Question...

#1disneyfan
07-17-2008, 12:16 AM
We leave in 25 days and wanted to know if anyone has ever added the Dining Package once they arrived to the World?

We originally were unable to add dining to our land/sea package when we booked our trip. Then they decided that you could add dining to the land portion of the land/sea package. However, we added 2 additional nights onto our package, so we could not add dining at this point. The only way we would have been able to do it was to change our reservations to make the land portion 2 separate trips. This was not an option, as it was way too expensive to slit up the trip. Hope this is not too confusing!

Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with this. I have my dining ressies made regardless, it would just make my life easier if we had the plan. Has anyone ever added the plan once they arrived? Does Disney do this?

Thanks for any help/advice!!!

WishingStar2006
07-17-2008, 07:09 AM
I think you have to add it 10 days or more from your arrival date...that used to be the rule, I don't know if it has changed along with everything else that changed with the dining plan.

Have a great time!

wendy*darling
07-17-2008, 09:09 AM
I would call today and ask. The closer you get to your trip date, the less likely it will be allowed (if at all).
But call and ask- it can't hurt!

DisneyCouture
07-17-2008, 09:27 AM
When we arrived to our resort and were checking in we found out they forgot to add our dining to our package. We asked if we could add it right there and they said that they could not add it to the package once we were on Disney property, it was even their mistake for it not being on in the first place. I even showed them our receipt with everything listed. It was a big mess. Still it was not added and my husband was really mad. Hope this helps.

luvdiznee
07-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Couldn't add it once you are there. This was in May 2007. Not sure if things have changed, but also at that time you had up until 3 days before your arrival to add it. But I would call for sure and ask. :mickey:

DANAM
07-17-2008, 08:36 PM
We added an extra night when we arrived but couldn't add the extra day of dinning plan. I was a upset and wish I called before we left home. Call now so you will not be disappointed when you get there.

#1disneyfan
07-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Well I called Disney Cruise Line tonight, and to my dismay, I cannot add dining to our package since we added "pre-nights" to the package. I am so disappointed, this would have saved us money overall. Not alot, but at least pre-paying would have been easier!

Oh well, we will have fun regardless of the dining plan or not...OFF TO DISNEY WE GO! Only 25 more days!