PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania Easter Eggs

disneymaster
07-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Monday I watched this great video on you tube that was about 8-9 minutes long that told you where all the current easter eggs are in the game.

Today, I was trying to find the video again so I could write it all down for my next trip and I can't seem to find the video!

At the end of the video it had a link to another website that had a lot of "behind the scenes" stuff to disneyland based on all the videos he had posted on you tube.

Does anybody have the link to the video or know what website I am talking about. Thanks so much!

I believe
07-17-2008, 11:08 AM
I am out of the loop on this...What is an Easter Egg?:confused: I am assuming, not something left by the bunny?:ebasket:

5togetherWDW
07-17-2008, 12:46 PM
I never saw a Youtube video -- but I saw one from the Los Angeles Times. Maybe someone has it posted on youTube?
The LAT video has John Lasseter riding Toy Story Mania and discussing it. It goes with an article --“Toy Story Mania: How I beat Pixar's John Lasseter” by Brady MacDonald, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer. It discusses winning big points in the ride.
“What I learned reinforced some of my initial instincts: 1) focus on high-value targets around the corners and edges of the video screen, 2) shoot continuously while moving from one bull’s eye to another.
What I didn’t know also surprised me: triggering the many hidden “Easter Eggs” that unlock the big bonus-point targets requires teamwork and precision timing. . . .. the secret to unleashing a shower of 2,000-point balloons in the Bo Peep dart-toss game. The trick: shoot four of the five balloons in each of the hovering clouds before popping the fifth and final balloons at the same time as your partner. Teamwork triggers similar bonus-point deluges in the Green Army Men game and the Saloon scene.”

As to the “Easter egg” question -- my sons knew long before I did. In case it isn't clear from within the article quote -- a virtual “Easter egg” is an intentional hidden message or feature in an object such as a movie, computer program, or video game.

disneymaster
07-17-2008, 01:29 PM
no, that wasn't the video. I have watched that one and it is good, but this video was amazing.

He took you though each scene of the game and then would use arrows and circles to show just what to shot and when to shot them. The only two I can remember are the ballons one you mentioned and one for the ring toss game. If you can ring all 8(?) aliens on the big space ship before they pop back up to be rung, then the space ship will take off into the air leaving you with a HIGH point target that was sitting behind the ship.

I am trying to figure out where all the high point targets all because I want a max score in this game like I got on buzz. On my last trip I have perfected buzz and now if I ride alone, I can almost get 999,999 on BOTH screens! Thats my goal on this next trip :D

disneymaster
07-17-2008, 01:33 PM
ok, sorry for the double post! I finally found the video. It is based on the disneyland version but the game are the same so these tricks work for both versions. Check it out....its a great video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3thGo8PEM8

(sorry if you can't post links...you can remove it if its not allowed)

Bri
07-17-2008, 01:50 PM
oh my gosh, that video was awesome! we are going to disneyland in september and disneyworld in december, i can't wait to play! does anyone know how much time you have at each game/screen?

DisneyWizard
07-17-2008, 03:24 PM
I can't wait to ride this!

disneymaster
07-17-2008, 08:01 PM
oh my gosh, that video was awesome! we are going to disneyland in september and disneyworld in december, i can't wait to play! does anyone know how much time you have at each game/screen?

I know there is 5 games not counting the training because no points are figured there. each game last 30 sec except for the last game which is really 3 games in one. I think for the last one you get 30 secs stoped and then your car moves very slow while you are still shooting and then you stop again. I would guess that the last game is around a minute. Of course, I am just guess on the last one based on the videos I have watched.

I wish Aug 12th would hurry up already...I am sick of waiting to ride this!

WDWHart
07-18-2008, 12:15 AM
What kind of helpful hints can you give for the Buzz Ride> the highest I have scored is in the 500,000 range and that was beacuse it stopped!

Just wondering!!:thedolls:

disneymaster
07-18-2008, 01:14 AM
Ok, the biggest tips I have for Buzz are very helpfull to reach the 999,999 cap. However, it does take a little practice to perfect it.

1) ALWAYS keep the triger pressed down! You get points just for shooting the gun.

2) There are some "hidden" targets right in the first room as soon as your gun is active. Start shooting all over this room and maybe you will get lucky. I have yet to find the right spot however, however I hope to on my next trip.

3) In the second room, the big orange robot on your left hand side is the key to reaching 999,999. On his arm that is the far away from you there is a target. Now, this target is worth 100,000 points and I have been able to reach 600,000 + points just from this target alone. This target is all about luck however because the arm closest to you moves up and down and blocks it. Hopefully you will get in the room when his arm his up or down allowing you to hit the target more.

4) In the forth room (with all the aliens and the birds flying in the sky) shoot for targets far away from you. Also, the targets behind all the actions award some nice points. Right before you enter the next room there is a bird type thing behind you worth some good points. Also, the spinning target above the room the cars go into is worth some good points.

5) In the 5th room you get all the batteries to shoot which don't give many points. However, on the oppsite side there is Zurg . Right below the seat Zurg sits in is a another target worth 100,000 points. This target can be tricky to hit because of how low to the ground it is. I have been in some cars where the gun is "tight" and won't move down low enough to hit it. However, if you are lucky enough to reach it, you should have no problem reaching 999,999 if you did well with the robot.

6) Allow it has never been confirmed, the room with the spinning red light I think has another one ( or more ) of those hidden targets. I just shoot all over this room and again, hope I get lucky.

7) The room with the video playing on it has some cool targets. The big rocket ship type thing that moves around the room is your target. In all the places it stops, it has another "hidden" target (however if you look closely you can see it). I don't know how many points this target has but it does have a nice amount. Most people just sit there and watch the movie play or shoot in odd places. Always keep your gun on one of the targets the ship stops at.

8) The last room with the light that makes you see spots (Why it has to blind you I don't know but I HATE it!) I have not figured out any high point targets but will keep looking.

9) The biggest tip for all the rooms is this. The farther away the target is from you, the more the target is worth. Also, the harder a target is to reach, the more it is worth. In some rooms it may seem like targets are far from you when you enter the room but you may need up getting closer to it as the car moves. Always try and shoot at targets that are far away from everybody. These are normally high up on the walls or can sometimes be blocked by moving targets.

I wish you luck the next time you play! I warn you though, this ride is not the same when you can reach the max score and takes some of the fun out of it.

Young@Heart
07-18-2008, 01:59 AM
What is the tip for shooting continuously on TSM? Do you just keep pulling on the rope trigger?

disneymaster
07-18-2008, 10:15 AM
From what I have read, you just have to have fast fingers to shoot really fast in TSM because you have to pull the rope like a mad man, lol.