PDA

View Full Version : Open Question to any current CM

atnextc
07-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Hello All,

This is just coming from a regular guy from Atlanta, GA who up until this year had never been to DW. Now October will be my 4th trip this year. How can I get a job at DW in the IT dept.? I have searched the "Official Website" but found nothing. Suely someone knows someone who knows someone who is in IT.

If they can provide me a link or any sort of information that may help I would appreciate it.

Also to any Mod or Admin....I assumed this was the correct section to post in as its off topic so to speak if not I apologize.

:mickey:

Speedy1998
07-16-2008, 08:48 PM
I am not a CM, but this is where you will find the off stage type jobs like IT.

https://disney.recruitmax.com/main/careerportal/default.cfm?szUniqueCareerPortalID=d806a3ad-06f5-4622-b614-74475b752e8e&szIsJobBoard=0

AHOTE
07-17-2008, 12:46 AM
You can also try;
http://corporate.disney.go.com/careers/index.html
Follow the link for openings. I have friend in IT but unfortunately she's away on her vacation so I won't bother her. Best of luck.

PrincessEmmasMommy
07-17-2008, 06:39 AM
MY BIL works at Team Disney (near Downtown Disney) doing Data Base Analysis. He and a lot of others started at Disney as consultants. They like to do a trial run before they hire you. I'll try to find out the consulting firm he worked through later.
Good luck!
Jen

atnextc
07-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks alot guys for the responses and the links. :mickey:

Tiggerlovr9000
07-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Okay, dumb question time. What is IT

DizneyRox
07-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Information Technology

Jasper
07-17-2008, 04:41 PM
I have also heard from others that have said that virtually all IT hires come from the ranks of WDW's various consultants.

DizneyRox
07-17-2008, 08:27 PM
I have also heard from others that have said that virtually all IT hires come from the ranks of WDW's various consultants.
Disney is not alone in this practice. Many companies do this, it's a great way to try out an employee without having to worry about the paperwork involved in performance managing them out of a job if they don't work out or just don't fit.

I have to imagine that much of Disney IT is project based, so this also allows them to manage their workforce better as well.

And then you don't have to worry about those pesky benefits either!