PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this gift to DH?

Texas Tinkerbell Too
07-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Today is our 14th wedding anniversary. :groom: :bride: I wanted to send something to my DH's work to let him know how much I loved him :blush: and maybe make the other guys a little jealous. :secret: I thought about sending :pick: flowers, but that didn't seem very manly. So, I took him a cookie bouquet. It was a Disney cookie bouquet. It had Mickey :mickey2:, Minnie :minnie2:, hearts :heart: and one cookie had "Happy Anniversary" on it. I thought it was really cool, because I am such a Disney Freak. I guess this question goes out to my fellow male intercottees...Would you have liked this or would you have been embarrassed? Honest opinions are appreciated.

gerald72
07-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Sounds good to me. Better than flowers.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-16-2008, 06:32 PM
I just asked my DH, and he said he would love it! Great idea (and congrats on the anniversary!)

Sunshine1010
07-16-2008, 06:48 PM
I once sent a cookie bouquet to my brother when he was depressed about his marriage and the death of our mother. It was a bunch of cookie flowers. The staff delivered it and gave a personal verbal message to him about how I would always be there for him, and that I loved him and to 'keep his chin up'. He said he absolutely loved the flower cookies and he talked about them for weeks!

He's a manager of a Sears Auto Center (lots of guys there), and he said they all wanted a cookie.

It's different than flowers. Congrats on the anniversary!!!!!

atnextc
07-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Sounds like a winner to me...

P.S. Cookies taste better than flowers.

:mickey:

disneyfan328
07-17-2008, 12:00 PM
I did this for my husband for our anniversary and did it myself. I made the cookies and bought lollipop type sticks to put in them. I bought some silk roses to put in to dress it up and put them in a vase with that green floral foam at the bottom. I tied i love you balloons to it and personally delivered it to his work. We have been married for 10 years but been together for almost 22. The people at his work couldn't stop telling him how "cute" they thought that whole thing was and that we are still so much in love even after all of this time. I was glad I did it and he enjoyed it all the more since it came from me. He was not embarrassed at all, and says that he enjoys hearing from others how lucky we both are to have what we have. Makes us remember how blessed we are to have such a good relationship. I am going to do something along these lines again for his birthday!!

Young@Heart
07-18-2008, 01:37 AM
My DH would have loved it! Any edible gift is a good gift. :thumbsup:

And....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! :party:

Vito
07-18-2008, 02:59 AM
Well, if you had done it for me I would have loved it. Of course, I'm a Disney nut and I love cookies, so that would be a perfect combo :D

And I personally wouldn't be embarrassed by it. Maybe when I was younger, but I'm no longer shy about stuff like that - I would have been very happy to get that :D

Your DH is a lucky guy :thumbsup: