PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone ever win....

julyjewel
07-16-2008, 02:07 PM
You always see all types of contests on tv, chip bags, restaurants, ect...to win cash or these great prizes. Has anyone out there ever really one any of these things?

bleukarma
07-16-2008, 02:11 PM
I've won TONS of radio station contests, including trips to WDW. It got to the point where I was winning a few prizes a month. But I've never won something off something I bought at a grocery store. The odds on those are just too big.

disneymom15
07-16-2008, 02:47 PM
My brother won a new Mustang about 3 years ago.

Jeri
07-16-2008, 04:18 PM
I won a trip to Disney from our local grocery ad. It was actually sponsered by Kelloggs.

MMouse6937
07-16-2008, 04:26 PM
The only thing I've ever won was a $500 Amer Exp gift card at our annual corporate meeting. It was actually funny because it was a drawing from people that had filled out a survey about how we felt about the whole conference. Unfortunately the night before it was due was the night they took us out to the House of Blues to party :party: I'm not much of a partier so I went back to the hotel and filled out the survey. As you can imagine, everyone got home late and hungover. I joked with my coworkers that I was probably the only one that turned it in and that's why I won! :D

PirateLover
07-16-2008, 05:47 PM
I won a whole bunch of phillies merch by mailing in losing lotto tickets. I know someone who won a WDW trip from a radio station.

Young@Heart
07-17-2008, 02:34 AM
Oh my goodness! There are a lot of lucky people on this board! :mickey:

I've never won anything by chance (other than a couple dollars on a scratch ticket). DH has 4 sisters, and they've all won BIG on scratch tickets. All in the $100,000 range. Unfortunately, the luck did not rub off onto DH. :( Of course, it would help if we actually bought scratch tickets more than once every 5 years or so. :blush:

Minnie Imagineer
07-17-2008, 07:31 AM
I've never won anything! :(
As some of you might know from another thread, I am trying to win an online radio station contest to win JoBro (Jonas Brothers) tickets!! I have been entering for like 3 months!
Wish me luck!

JanetMegan
07-17-2008, 08:22 AM
My mom won us a trip to WDW off a local radio station when we were young. We were sooooo excited!! We even got our picture with Mickey in a special photo shoot on the green grass by the castle where they did the John and Kate plus 8 photo shoot ;)

wdwgrl377
07-17-2008, 11:16 AM
When I lived in Atlanta, I would win a lot of radio contests. I've one $1,000 before listening to the song of the day!

tinkerbellybutton
07-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Hailey just won a pair of Adidas sneaks from Mountain Dew. Not much but at least it's something, and I recently got year of a million dreams ears in the mail for entering by mail.

luvdiznee
07-17-2008, 12:32 PM
The only thing I ever win are the Free Pepsi...oh I did win $50 in a scratch off....:thumbsup:

mdhiggin
07-17-2008, 01:03 PM
We won a Star Wars Lego set a couple of years ago. You had to enter a code off of a Pepsi case to win.

murphy1
07-17-2008, 01:25 PM
I won one of those huge Mickey Mouse stuffed animals from Sunmaid raisins a few years ago (they gave out 100 of them). I have won radio contests in Florida when I was younger. I'm waiting to see if I win the lottery. When we drive down to Florida over the GA border, I always buy lottery tickets.

MegaDisney
07-17-2008, 05:16 PM
The only thing I ever won in my life was $9.50 from a slot machine.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-17-2008, 05:26 PM
:) A friend peeled the label off a can of soup and found herself the owner of a new SUV, that was several years ago and they are still driving it.....

conorsmom2000
07-18-2008, 03:51 PM
holy cow, I need some of the luck that's out there!! :D Both Mike and I are just not lucky people (as both of us being unemployed at the same time might show! :blush: )

We've never won anything - everyone laughs at me because a whole group of us will always go to a local schools tricky tray (basket raffle type thing) every year and I'm the only one that doesn't win! The most we've ever won on a scratch off is $15.

Wait, I'm lying - I did win 4 park hoppers to Disney once. It was the year we were taking our first trip with Conor and we already had our trip booked....if I had used the passes I won, it would have saved us only $7 off of our package. So, in the end, I sold them (cheaply) to someone else I knew who was going. That was my one and only win.

Congrats to the others, though, that have won - especially the trips to Disney! That's awesome! :mickey:

pink
07-18-2008, 08:39 PM
In the past my family has won Broadway tickets, one vacation and yesterday I won $38 in the lotto. I don't know if that counts. :mickey:

biodtl
07-18-2008, 11:05 PM
When I was a kid, I won a 10 speed bike at my local carnival. And then won another one the next year (I gave it to a cousin whose shed exploded just before - she lost her dad, but here bike was in there and it was the only thing I could do to help).

As an adult, I have won lots of radio contests, though nothing like WDW trips - cds, books, lots of tickets and backstage passes, and a lunch/dinner/spa day for two on Valentine's Day.

Flower
07-19-2008, 09:36 AM
I have only ever won small things, craft stuff (Which was awesome and out to use!).

DH won $500 from his employer for not using sick time for a month. We had to spend $500, submit the receipts and re-coup the money. We would have used it towards our AP's, but there were stipulations, we could not use it on tickets, food/booze, so we opted to spend it at Home Depot and put it towards home improvements.

IamBelle
07-23-2008, 04:03 PM
My mom awhile ago won a boat from a local radio station, but her father made her sell it...

A few years ago, we won passes to a local amusement park from a radio station.

When I was little, I won a Brittney Spears OOPS I DID IT AGAIN cd from a milk contest.

i think that's all we have won so far!

tinkerbellybutton
07-23-2008, 04:14 PM
I didn't even think when I was posting before, I have won several radio contests. Limo ride and backstage passes to Matchbox 20, and Clay Aiken. Tickets to Blue Man Group, Finger 11, Godsmack and several other bands.

murphy1
07-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Oh, yah, we were pretty excited about our friend's daughter winning Survivor!! I wish that had been my million $$ LOL!

Minnie Imagineer
07-23-2008, 10:29 PM
Oh, yah, we were pretty excited about our friend's daughter winning Survivor!! I wish that had been my million $$ LOL!

OMG! who? I am obsesed with that show! My friends cousins friend was on the show- that is as close as I am going to get to knowing a survivor-person

Alligirl
07-24-2008, 01:08 AM
One day driving my girl scout troop home from a beach clean up someone asked for a candy and I had lifesavers in my bag so I sent them back to the kids. A few minutes later my friends son said it was so odd that his didnt have a hole in it! It clicked that I had read there was a contest to win a car so I start yelling " Stop!!Spit it out!!!" The kids thought I was crazy!!!! :crazy:Well of course it was not THE winning no hole candy, no car, but a computer game and a fun memory!:shrug:

murphy1
07-24-2008, 07:08 AM
OMG! who? I am obsesed with that show! My friends cousins friend was on the show- that is as close as I am going to get to knowing a survivor-person

Parvati Shallow, the girl who just won (I'm friends with her mom). Who is your cousins friend?

goofhook
07-24-2008, 10:19 AM
I won a lifesize statue of yoda being promoted by Pepsi for Star Wars episode 3, and they go for 400-500 dollars on ebay. I doubt its staying with me much longer.

Minnie Imagineer
07-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Parvati Shallow, the girl who just won (I'm friends with her mom). Who is your cousins friend?

O I wanted Parvati to win! I love that name!

And she was Stephanie...she was on Palau (12th out) and Guatemala (runner up).

Caroleh
07-24-2008, 09:14 PM
During the Happiest Celebration on Earth, I one a trip to WDW from McDonalds and so did Pogo. They put us(the DH, DD and myself) up at GF, that was our first trip to WDW.

I also won $100 from McDonald's for filling out a survey. Let's see, then there was the $100 from the Heart & Stroke Lottery.

Every year my company has a yearly seminar for managers and assistant managers(alternating years), they have an elimination draw. The first year I went I won $1000 which was the grand prize, last year my name was the first drawn so I got a mug.

jkj1224
07-26-2008, 11:56 PM
my boyfriend just won $1,000 for doing a survey off a reciept at quiznos :D

ncscgirl2005
08-02-2008, 01:38 AM
I'm glad someone posted this. I have been wondering about this as well.

I guess I will keep filling out those surveys and signing up for games. Maybe I'll get lucky one day.

dlpmikki
08-02-2008, 07:00 AM
I won a Disney cruise in a business card draw at an exhibition, a trip to champagne region (I live a little closer to that than most of you), a £1000 on a scratch card, bottles of champagne, some olympic chopsticks (yes, save the most exciting for last - lol) and of course YOMD mickey ears and lanyards and fastpasses.