PDA

View Full Version : How is EMH worth it?

Lorraine444
07-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Just wondering if I go to EMH @ night aren't all the fast passes gone?
How is it that you can ride the rides without having to wait forever?
What's the benefit?
Please explain? :confused:

KAJUNKING
07-16-2008, 02:15 PM
i think once emh start they reset the fastpass machines, but depending on when you go fp isnt required to get on rides quickly, once all the non resort guests exit the park the crowds get quite thin, at least when we go in sept, good luck :mickey:

laprana
07-16-2008, 02:23 PM
i think once emh start they reset the fastpass machines, but depending on when you go fp isnt required to get on rides quickly, once all the non resort guests exit the park the crowds get quite thin, at least when we go in sept, good luck :mickey:

:ditto: The FP machines are opened again at the start of EMH. The crowd really does thin out during evening EMH, especially the later it goes. We've been to evening EMHs in every park in December and May/June, and we've always been able to walk onto rides or get FPs for rides that have longer lines (RnR, TOT, SM, etc.). :thumbsup:

Lorraine444
07-16-2008, 02:29 PM
AHHH! I just realized I'm not staying on site this year! Does a Time Share 2 miles down the road count? :silly: :faint:

McGoofy
07-16-2008, 02:29 PM
We've utilized evening EMH often. Not all of the FP rides are re-set, but many of the major attractions are re-set for FP's. However, I agree with the above poster that said there are many times that you really don't need a FP. The later the evening gets, the more the crowds thin out. Of course non-resort guests leaving at the very beginning of the EMH removes a large number of guest, but even just an hour into EMH, it seems that the parks continue to thin out even more. By the last EMH hour, we have often just jumped right onto rides. You'll have to trust us on this one, it just works somehow!

Giselle
07-16-2008, 03:17 PM
EMHs are great! There is no crowd. You can walk around without being smooshed together. Most rides hardly have any wait so you don't need a FP. I like evening hours the best because it is cool. It feels like your own prive DW!

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Once the non-WDW resort guest and families w/ small children leave you can get a lot done in a short amount of time.
One time we hit the 3 mountains and HM in just over an hour.:thumbsup:

Goes4FastPass
07-16-2008, 03:36 PM
EMH is well worth it, especially later in the 3 hour period.

Also, we love walking through the parks after the crowds. EPCOT evening EMH World Showcase seems like a best kept secret.

Morning EMH is great. I'll never understand WDW vacationers choosing eggs over "E-Tickets" Remember, however, when considering morning EMH if you're going to be there at the rope and ready to roll at the start of morning EMH go for it. If you're planning to arrive at 10am then avoid the morning EMH park.

Aggie97
07-16-2008, 03:41 PM
We've utilized evening EMH often. Not all of the FP rides are re-set, but many of the major attractions are re-set for FP's. However, I agree with the above poster that said there are many times that you really don't need a FP. The later the evening gets, the more the crowds thin out. Of course non-resort guests leaving at the very beginning of the EMH removes a large number of guest, but even just an hour into EMH, it seems that the parks continue to thin out even more. By the last EMH hour, we have often just jumped right onto rides. You'll have to trust us on this one, it just works somehow!

This exactly describes our experience as well. We love evening EMH! :mickey:

mdricks
07-16-2008, 04:02 PM
In my experience the key is flexibility and park hoppers.

For the morning EMH be the first in line. You will get to ride a ton of stuff but be ready to bail as soon as the regular crowd gets in.

For the late EMH get out of the park for the hour before and after regular Once the non-EMH crowd gets out of the park the EMHer's thin out pretty quick, say about 1 1/2 hours. (particularly is the EMH is a late night one)

In the past I have gone from 7am to 1am park hopping, making use of MK EMH. Although the crowds were fairly heavy, I rode everything I wanted many things more than once.

The real disaster of EMH is when you are not park hopping. In the Am once the park opens its a zoo and all ride traffic becomes significantly congested. It may thin out by mid afternoon but the hour jump you got that morning will not seem worth it. In the PM it not quite as bad as you end your day with walk on rides although you will find your late afternoon early evening to be a waste of 70min line waits.

KAJUNKING
07-17-2008, 01:28 PM
i agree that hopping is one of the most important things if you want to avoid crowds

DisneyBunch
07-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Do you still pay an additional fee for evening EMH? If so, what is the fee per person and is it the same at each park?:mickey:

Goes4FastPass
07-17-2008, 02:31 PM
No additional fee - only open to guests of WDW resorts, Swan and Dolphin, Hilton at Lake Buena Vista and Shades of Green. See Intercot article here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/extramagic.asp).

We enjoy EMH.

When you think about the Magic Kingdon at midnight think Central Florida in the summer. When would you rather me in the MK, at high noon or midnight?

Mousemates
07-17-2008, 02:49 PM
evening EMH are especially worth it if:

1)You are going at a time of year that is busy (no need for them if your going in late september since the corwds ar elight anyway)

2)You have the stamina to actually use them in their entirety....the first hour of emh is often quite busy in our experience....the second hour not so much and the third hour is often a ridefest....but you have to have some fuel left in the tank to enjoy it...my suggestion is that if you are going to do EMH try to sneak in a nap late that afternoon and maybe plan a light day or late start the following morn.

beksy
07-20-2008, 11:51 PM
We stayed on-site and used EMH for the first time our last trip and LOVED them, especially at MK! It was Feb so the crowds weren't bad anyway but by the 2nd hour, it was like having the park to ourselves! We got to ride Dumbo with a 5 minute wait and saw Mickey and Minnie riding it! There were characters all around Fantasyland with practically no wait and the rides were all practically walk-on--I didn't even look about fastpass because there was no need. It was our favorite time. My sister who is normally in bed by 11 was still awake and not ready to leave at 2 am! I agree, though, to take a nap or plan a late next day (or both!). :cloud9:

Young@Heart
07-21-2008, 02:22 AM
We love EMH! We still have a little one ( 5 yrs) so we can't take full advantage of the 3 evening hours, but we find we can get a LOT done in just 1 hour in the AM. :thumbsup:

WVParkfan
07-25-2008, 01:22 PM
AHHH! I just realized I'm not staying on site this year! Does a Time Share 2 miles down the road count? :silly: :faint:

I guess Lorraine figured it out for herself.

Imagineer1981
07-25-2008, 01:28 PM

SORRY!

MegaDisney
07-25-2008, 06:24 PM
When I went to EMH (Granted it has been a few years) we had no need for FastPass.

There were times when we were walking and literally didn't see another guest. It was creepy and almost like having the park to yourself.

We rode Splash Mountain 5 times in a row and did not see another guest.

#1disneyfan
07-25-2008, 06:41 PM
I have seen FP machines still working during evening EMH.

However as some have stated, usually you don't need the FP. We have done quite a bit during those extra hours. My DD and I once went from 11 to 2am and accomplished more than we did during the day hours. We even were able to ride Buzz 3 times in a row!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Sometimes it is so empty they will let you stay right on the ride instead of having to get off and go around to get back on again. It is worth it to go.