PDA

View Full Version : How are the buses from the WL?

cmshelton1979
07-16-2008, 10:47 AM
I have stayed at a value and moderate and taken those buses, just curious how the buses were from the WL. Any info would be great!!!

25 Days till I arrive at the World!!:mickey::mickey:

DisneyMama18
07-16-2008, 11:36 AM
We stayed at the WL last June and the buses were ok. We only rode them to Animal Kingdom and HOllywood Studios. When we wanted to go to EPcot we took the ferry boat over to the Contempory Resort and rode the Monorail. We always rode the ferry to the MK. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus at the WL. The buses were crowded though. We had 3 little ones and a double stroller and it was a pain getting in the buses because they always had other people already on them. They must pick up a resort before making the stop to WL. I don't remember stopping at other resorts for pick up or drop off either, so the ride was pretty quick too.:mickey:

Minnie Imagineer
07-16-2008, 01:53 PM
I kind of had the opposite experience as DisneyMama18. When we went, their was no one on the WL buses, and we had to stop at fort wilderness for people to get on. But the trips were rather short.
But we did have to wait a while for a bus from DtD...

Giselle
07-16-2008, 03:14 PM
WL buses aren't that great, but the good news is there is a boat to MK which is awesome. Some bus rides take 15-20 minutes and we waited 30 minutes sometimes just to get on. Also, I don't remember which routes go where, but often you have to stop at Poly or Contemp.

Here are some helpful hints: get a room close to the boat for easy access, take boat to MK and then bus to different parks and hotels.

Hope that helps. I love WL - it is my favorite hotel.

My favorite room is 1200+_ because it is right off the loby so you can get to restaurants, pool, shop and buses easy.

CaptSmee
07-17-2008, 01:54 AM
The bus service from most all the resorts are similar. You also have the boat to Magic Kingdom which is a nice ride. I love Wilderness Lodge, it's one of my favorites!

playdead88
07-17-2008, 06:25 AM
when we were there we didn't share a bus with ft wilderness so that was great - and like someone else said we only used the bus for AK and DHS - the boat transportation was wonderful! we used the boat to MK and we used the boat to the CR and hopped on the monorail to epcot - one of the best years for us where transportation was concerned :thumbsup: have a great time!

Jeniflower
07-17-2008, 07:43 AM
We stayed at WL last year and I have to say the buses were quite good. we rarely had to wait very long, except once to animal kingdom. But you can always get the MK boat and hop on the mono rail from there as well. All Disney transportation rocks

Mousehead35
07-17-2008, 08:47 AM
I have to add that we never had any problems with the buses at WL, they were actually the best we had ever experienced so far. Never crowded and we never had a long wait. Maybe it was a fluke, but we were loving it!!

shan-ash
07-17-2008, 11:05 AM
Great question and I'm happy to hear mostly positive responses--we're going Aug. 1 to WL for the first time:thumbsup:

cmshelton1979
07-17-2008, 02:20 PM
Great question and I'm happy to hear mostly positive responses--we're going Aug. 1 to WL for the first time:thumbsup:

I'll be there Aug 10th for my honeymoon in the honeymoon suite, so I am sure I'll be having tons of questions coming in the next couple weeks :mickey::mickey:

EpcotFan182
07-17-2008, 03:41 PM
I've stayed at the WL twice, and I think the bus service depends on where you're going. For example, Downtown Disney mostly groups hotels together so you're more likely to have a lot more stops before you reach you're destination. I personally didn't have a problem with the bus service, but I found thge MK one to run a little less frequently than the others, probably because you can also get there by boat. I do have to say though that we did stop at Fort Wilderness almost everywhere we went.