PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever found any Disney merchandise at yard sales or thrift stores?

disneycutie165
07-16-2008, 08:35 AM
I went to a thrift store last week, looking at the cups, and something caught my eye that surprised me. I looked down to see a Liberty Tree Tavern Mug:beer: from 2001 and a LTT Hurricane glass:marg:. It surprised me because who could give up something that is worth a lot to some people? I just thought it was really cool because you can't normally find something like that. Has any one found any merchandise at a random place?

carley
07-16-2008, 08:45 AM
i am a yard sale /thrift shop person by nature...i find disney stuff all the time when i go.

the other day i got a Pirates of the Carribean Mug with mickey mouse dressed like a pirate for .99 cents and a drinking glass that says EPCOT on it for .49 cents

get lots of good stuff that people no longer want

MomOfAPrincess502
07-16-2008, 09:08 AM
My family would never depart with their beloved Disney souvenirs to put them in a yard sale. At our neighborhood sale last month there was a lady looking for Disney souvenirs. She was hoping to buy them at yard sales to have to hand out to her kids when they got to the parks so she could save some money. I'm not so sure my kids would go for that though!

Unlimitedfun
07-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Found a Minnie Mouse for 25 cents at a used clothing store...She was in perfect condition!

T-Belle
07-16-2008, 09:23 AM
I bought a WDW 25th anniversary plate in mint condition at a thrift store the other day. I paid $3.00 for it!!!

Seasonscraps
07-16-2008, 09:25 AM
I don't really hit yard sales but I saw an episode of Clean Sweep where the homeowner was either an avid collector or former cast member. He had a room full of Disney stuff - of course the show makes you get rid of things like that and this guy made a fortune.

You can always find stuff on Ebay too. People's taste change, need cash or need the room.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Goodwill is another good place to find Disney stuff. I got glasses from the 25th anniversary for all 3 parks at the time plus DTD. It was awesome.

Stich8818
07-16-2008, 10:29 AM
About 2 years ago we was in North Carolina for a vacation my DW and I went to a Salvation Army..I found these brand new dark green glass coasters each with a diffrent land for MK. Then last weekend I was at a couple of garage sales...I got a nearly new shoulder bag with Mickey and Pluto on it for a buck. At another sale I got this old metal lunch box(the good kind) that looks like it was bought at the world its not in the greatest of condition I would say "good". So I love finding those Disney deals like that.

luvdiznee
07-17-2008, 09:18 AM
For those of you that have bought cups or mugs, do you drink out of these? If so, how do you clean them? The reason I ask is because my mother is a major thrift/garage sale fan and she is ALWAYS picking up stuff like cups for DD. I mean I appreciate it and all, but I haven't let her drink out of one yet. Am I being too paranoid? Sorry to be O/T. :mickey:

Tiggerlovr9000
07-17-2008, 01:55 PM
For those of you that have bought cups or mugs, do you drink out of these? If so, how do you clean them? The reason I ask is because my mother is a major thrift/garage sale fan and she is ALWAYS picking up stuff like cups for DD. I mean I appreciate it and all, but I haven't let her drink out of one yet. Am I being too paranoid? Sorry to be O/T. :mickey:

To me its no different then drinking out of a glass at a restaurant or a friends house. Just run it through the dish washer. If it really bothers you, boil some water and sterilze them. How do you know that none of your friends have recycled glasses? Not trying to make you paranoid or anything.LOL :thedolls:

luvdiznee
07-17-2008, 09:06 PM
To me its no different then drinking out of a glass at a restaurant or a friends house. Just run it through the dish washer. If it really bothers you, boil some water and sterilze them. How do you know that none of your friends have recycled glasses? Not trying to make you paranoid or anything.LOL :thedolls:

OK, good point. I never looked at it that way, but since we eat out a least once a week...YIKES!:blush:

Young@Heart
07-18-2008, 01:34 AM
I've found a few classic, collectible pieces, but that was back in the '80's. Since ebay, it's harder and harder to find these items. :(

MickeyMousse
07-18-2008, 11:19 AM
I saw a Cinderella Castle cookie jar at a yard sale and, well, I wasn't quick enough to grab it! It sold for $8.00.......
My DH and I find it difficult to part ways with the SHOPPING BAGS from WDW!!! :funny: Nevermind anything else!

Ropachs
07-18-2008, 08:29 PM
LOL PP, I have tons of shopping bags overflowing our pantry and DH always wants to use them and I flip out! I guess I don't know what I think I'm saving them for...

Anyway, I just went to 2 garage sales this morning and found nothing good at all. Oh how wonderful it would be to find some great random piece of Disney!!