PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef Personalized Menus

BelleLovesTheBeast
07-16-2008, 12:20 AM
I'm wanting to have menus personalized with pictures as a surprise for my DH. We'll be going to celebrate our 5th anniversary. I know that you have to call the Coral Reef directly and ask to speak with Debbie but.....when you call it gives you three options of who to contect with. So who do I want to connect with? The hostess?

Thanks for any help. :)

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
07-16-2008, 10:59 PM
I sent you a PM, please check!

Thanks!

disneyfan328
07-17-2008, 11:51 AM
not sure exactly how to get ahold of her now but we did these personalized menu's last time we were down there and they turned out great!!! If you can get them done it will be an added souvenir of the trip that you will always cherish - at least i do mine!!

good luck.:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-17-2008, 12:10 PM
:confused: Can you do that in other restaurants...I'd only heard of it at V&A before now

BraddyB
07-17-2008, 12:37 PM
How do they personalize it?? Also how far in advance do you need to make arrangements or send a picture....would love to do this for my honeymoon

disneyfan328
07-18-2008, 10:17 AM
Braddy, I sent you a PM.

Disney_Barbie
07-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Braddy, I sent you a PM.

DisneyFan328 ~ I just sent you a PM requesting that perhaps you could give me some info on this too, I've never heard of it before, and it sounds like SUCH a good idea. Thanks!

buzznwoodysmom
07-18-2008, 12:22 PM
We did this last Thanksgiving. Each person in our group got a menu with our family name on it. I beleive there were pictures of the nemo characters on it and a special note from crush to the boys on the last page. We also had a diver go in the tank with the same note from crush. We had our boys stand near the tank and took pictures of them with the diver and their note. It said something like "Collin and Landon, Hope you dudes are haveing a great time at Epcot today". Not excatly, but something like that. It worked out great for us since while we were eating there was a huge turtle just sitting at the bottom of the tank right in front of our table. The turtle swam away just minutes before the diver came. Landon thought it was the real crush and he had left to tell the diver to make the note.

Unfortunately I recently read somewhere that they are no longer doing the diver. I am not sure if it has been discontinued yet or if it will be soon or if that rumor is even true. I also read that it may become something you have to book and pay for since so many people were requesting it. When I requested if for us I called a number directly to Debbie, but I have no idea where I put the number. Good luck getting the info you need!

Disdad13
07-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Could you also PM me as to how to go about doing this? We are trying Coral Reef for the first time this September and I think it would be a fun little surprise for DW and DS if we got personalized menus. Thanks in advance!

pokeyw
07-18-2008, 06:55 PM
I would love to surprise my family with this. Could you send me the info as well? Thank you!

luvdiznee
07-18-2008, 08:34 PM
can someone send me a PM, also? I would love to do this for my sister who has never been to Disney. I was going to have a cake ordered for her, but I figured that is a waste with the deserts included on the plan. Too much sweets, too. But this personalized menu from Coral Reef would be a nice memoir for her. Thanks :mickey:

McGoofy
07-19-2008, 05:03 AM
Hey! Why is this info so top secret? May I be in the loop with a PM as well? Thanks in advance!:mickey:

carley
07-19-2008, 08:35 AM
oh my i hate secrets lol
fill me in too pls

Claudielou
07-19-2008, 08:44 AM
I would love the info too please. We are going in Sept for an Anniversary!:) I just added my email address. I got an error message for the pm someone tried to send!

VolMickey
07-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Hey! Why is this info so top secret? May I be in the loop with a PM as well? Thanks in advance!:mickey:

Ditto, everyone. Why is this such a big secret. I'd love to do this for my DW and DD!:confused:

Ally'sMom
07-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Could I also get the info, we will be there for my daughters Bday - she would love it! Thanks

Minnie Imagineer
07-19-2008, 04:14 PM
I agree with like the last 8 replies, why is this so secret?
Can someone please PM me too? Thank you in advance..thats something I would really want to do!

I know someone who had a restaurant personalize a menu (not in disney) and that is how he proposed! so cute!

DisneyBunch
07-19-2008, 06:33 PM
I would love to have the information, please.:mickey: I promise I won't tell anyone else.:secret::secret::secret:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
07-19-2008, 07:46 PM
I just PM'd everyone the info for menus and divers at the Coral Reef... So for the next requests... please pay it forward.

I PM'ing because I do not know if it is "OK or Legal" to post that info on the boards...

So please... PAY IT FORWARD so everyone can share in the magic!

THanks!

biodtl
07-20-2008, 12:08 AM
I it's something that can't be posted, I'd appreciate a PM, too. We'll be there for our anniversary. Thanks!

Texas Tinkerbell Too
07-20-2008, 09:20 AM
I would love info on this as well.

My sister is taking her DS2 (my nephew) for his first trip to WDW in September. This is one of the restaurants she is taking him to. I would love to surprise them with this souvenir.

Thanks!

#1donaldfan
07-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Sounds good, can I too get the info ????? :thumbsup:

allentownguy
07-20-2008, 04:29 PM
we have a adr for the reef the first week of sept, i would love to to supprise my girfriend with a personalized menu. can someone please pm me with that info:mickey:

yjgirl715
07-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Please please Pm me- that is where I am taking my fathe-in law for his birthday when we are down there and I would love to get a personalized menu. Thank you so much. You guys are awesome!

disneyfan328
07-21-2008, 09:26 AM
anyone looking for the info Please pm me and i'll do my best. We did this last year and they were wonderful. As far as it being secret, I don't know that it is, I sent one PM and it snowballed from there. I do however know this, they don't want any direct phone numbers or emails to be posted out on these types of boards. I have sent pm's to everyone that asked with the basic information, but the Coral Reef wants everyone to have to go about getting these menus the same way, no short cuts. Call and leave a message with your contact info and once they get back to you - you can send theme your info, pics, ect whatever you want on the menus. I know that they are getting a lot of requests, so be prepared, this may not be something that you will definetly be able to get. Also please remember that the people doing these have other jobs as well and may not be able to get right back to you. Also remember to thank them as right now this is just a little extra Disney Magic. I hope that this doesn't change in the future. I only know of V & A and CR that do this. I don't believe any other resaturants do it. Good luck to all that request them, I hope that you are able to get them and that they turn out as nice as ours did.

a simple thank you goes a long, long way.

McGoofy
07-21-2008, 11:20 AM
anyone looking for the info Please pm me and i'll do my best. We did this last year and they were wonderful. As far as it being secret, I don't know that it is, I sent one PM and it snowballed from there. I do however know this, they don't want any direct phone numbers or emails to be posted out on these types of boards. I have sent pm's to everyone that asked with the basic information, but the Coral Reef wants everyone to have to go about getting these menus the same way, no short cuts. Call and leave a message with your contact info and once they get back to you - you can send theme your info, pics, ect whatever you want on the menus. I know that they are getting a lot of requests, so be prepared, this may not be something that you will definetly be able to get. Also please remember that the people doing these have other jobs as well and may not be able to get right back to you. Also remember to thank them as right now this is just a little extra Disney Magic. I hope that this doesn't change in the future. I only know of V & A and CR that do this. I don't believe any other resaturants do it. Good luck to all that request them, I hope that you are able to get them and that they turn out as nice as ours did.

a simple thank you goes a long, long way.

And thank you for sending the PM's to so many people, myself included!:thanks:

Belle_0717
07-21-2008, 09:33 PM
My DH and I are going there in October. I would love to surprise him. Can anyone send me a PM to let me know how to get it done?

DISNEYLOVERS5
07-21-2008, 09:49 PM
I Would Also Like The Info If Someone Would Please Pm Me Thanks

thatkindofday
07-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Can you send me a pm too? I want to do this for my new husband on our honeymoon!:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
07-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Would someone please send me this information also? Thanks a lot.

disneyfan328
07-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Please, for any of you that have it, do not just send out the email address for Debbie or anyone else. They want people to call in to get on a list and the info for these things. Also you have no idea when people are in or not in and Debbie has many people helping her out with these requests. I believe she is on vacation now so directly emailing her without calling in first will only delay your request. I don't want to see this bit of Disney Magic discontinued becuase of her email address becoming public. If you call and leave your info someone will get back to you.:thumbsup:

momofdisneyprincess
07-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Could someone also PM me with the number. I would love to do this for my DH as it is our anniversary. thanks!

Natazu
07-23-2008, 03:46 AM
If you say PM over and over out loud it starts to sound like a made up word.

The Reservoir Dog
07-23-2008, 08:15 AM
Hi.

If anyone can send me a PM or details on how to contact the Coral Reef to book a reservation and to get a personalised menu I would be very grateful.

Thank You :)

Minnie Imagineer
07-27-2008, 02:40 PM
I talked to Debbie to get some information on how you do this...so we don't all bug her!

She said to send her an email with your name, date and reservation time in the subject line and attatch a few pictures and a special message (poem, song lyrics, etc). They will take care of the rest!
ps. its totally free!!

LandFan
07-27-2008, 06:40 PM
We did this last Thanksgiving as a surpride for DH (our 6th anniversary) and the menus were great!:thumbsup: He was floored by the diver, though:D

Very much worth it!

disneyfankev
07-27-2008, 07:30 PM
could someone please pm me also with the info thanks in advance.

rain
07-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Please PM me as well. My wife would love me forever if I could get this done for her and our kids. It wil probably be the only secret I can keep from her.

biodtl
07-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Thanks to those who PM-ed me the info! I got in touch with Debbie and have a diver requested and menus to personalize.

Now I have to just think of a message - I am not feeling very creative right now! Anyone feel like sharing their anniversary message ideas?

Crabby
07-29-2008, 12:51 PM
Can someone please send me the info for Debbie? We had a wonderful experience there on the 24th and would like to send thanks to the diver.

mjgreenhouse
08-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Could you please send me the PM also. This may sound stupid but what is a PM and how do I check this. This is my first post ever - I always read them but I have never done this. :joy: This is so exciting!!

Wickster1970
08-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Hello all!
Please add me to the PM stream. i would LOVE to have info on doing this.
I plan on eating there sometime in late April and would love to surprise my 2 DD and my DS.

many thanks!!:mickey:

LittleRoosMommy
08-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Not to be redundant, but could someone PM also with the info!! We're going there in Oct and I would love to surprise my family with this! Thanks in advance!!

ElenitaB
08-02-2008, 10:24 PM
First of all, welcome to INTERCOT!

Could you please send me the PM also. This may sound stupid but what is a PM and how do I check this. This is my first post ever - I always read them but I have never done this. :joy: This is so exciting!!
A PM is a private message... it's like an e-mail that members can send to each other through INTERCOT's system.

Pop Centurion
08-03-2008, 03:00 AM
This sounds like an awesome way to surprise my GF but unfortunately she doesn't like the food at the CR. :(
Too bad they don't offer this elsewhere.

BelleLovesTheBeast
08-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the info! I received a phone call Friday from Debbi. She was so nice! She said that she had checked to see if the diver was available and if I was interested she could have that done too. This is just one reason I keep coming back to Disney....such great people.

Iluvpooh
08-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Good luck everyone-I also hope that this doesn't get discontinued like the rehitching ceremony at the land.

Pop Centurion
08-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Come to think of it, a good friend of mine is getting married and spending his honeymoon in WDW. Could somebody PM me the info so I can pass it on.
Thanks.

dmewd
08-07-2008, 04:14 PM
We are going down in November and will celebrate our 18th anniversary at WDW.:party: If someone could PM this information to me as well that would be wonderful.:secret:

poohshoneybeejr
08-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Could someone please PM the info as well. We'll be celebrating my DH's b-day and think this would be great to surprise him with. Thank you!

poohshoneybeejr
08-21-2008, 10:42 PM
:confused: Can you do that in other restaurants...I'd only heard of it at V&A before now

We had it done at Narcoose's at GF for our anniversary in November. Excellent fine dining BTW! We loved it and our 16 month old DS at the time loved his Mickey pasta!

green ranger
08-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Please send me a PM. We will be eating there our first night in Disney and we're celebrating our son's 5th birthday!! This sounds so exciting!!

CaptSmee
08-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Someone send it my way, please! :party:

disneyfan328
08-22-2008, 10:21 AM
PM's sent as requested through above post from Mr. Smee!!