PDA

View Full Version : Food and Wine Festival??

lawgirl
07-15-2008, 06:41 PM
We've never been to the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. Can someone fill me in on the details? It sounds really cool!

disneyfan1124
07-15-2008, 07:30 PM
2007 was our first F&WF and we'll never miss it again!

It takes place in the World Showcase at Epcot. Addtional countries (25 last year) are invited and they host kiosks all around the showcase. You can purchase sample sized snacks and beer/wine/champagne from the kiosks. The food/beverage samples are naturally based on the country. They average about $4 a serving.
For example, last year Ireland had a kiosk and they had potato pancakes for sale.

Your park entrance fee covers your admission to the overall "event" of the festival. There are many "free" seminars and events. There are many dining experiences and events that you can purchase tix for. I understand tix will go on sale in early August.

If you visit the Disney web site, you can find some info. If you search the web, you can find much about the 2007 Festival and get an idea of the prices for the extra events.

Hope this is helpful. I promise you, if you attend, you will not be disappointed!

caryrae
07-15-2008, 07:48 PM
It is fun. The next time we go I want to go during this time. It also goes on when the MNSSHP is going on. You can get alot of good info here http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/foodwine.asp .

They have concerts going on to with some pretty good names. Look about 1/4 of the way down the link for Acts and dates and times.

GAN
07-16-2008, 08:25 AM
If you are in to wine(and Disney) then I would call this a can't miss attraction. Even if you are just curious or looking to learn more about wine you can learn quite a bit at the free seminars(free samples as well) or even more if you are willing to pay for a more detailed class. If you do go, I highly recommend The Party for the Senses which I believe takes place every Saturday evening during the festival. It's pricey but the food is from some of the worlds best chefs/restaurants and the wine selections are broad -some are middle of the road, some are excellent. Everything is included(including performances by Cirque) for around $125 -unlimited food/wine. The only thing I've seen run out are some excellent vintages of wine and the Sam Adams Utopia(which goes for over $100 per bottle). Have fun. We won't be back until the 15th annual.

JerseyDad
07-17-2008, 09:50 AM
...the Food & Wine Festival has become a PRIMARY reason for our return to WDW each fall!! It's great to eat & drink our way around the World Showcase. There is a certain familiarity with the returning kiosks, yet each year there seems to be an addition of something new that makes it all the more worthwhile. It makes for a fabulous opportunity to try new and different foods that you may not otherwise venture to taste while living in the "real" world.

....plus...I like :beer:

....I've already started dieting in anticipation of this November's trip to F&W Festival!! :tasty:

TheRustyScupper
07-17-2008, 10:20 AM
1) There is ONLY one thing to know about F&WF.
2) DO NOT GO ON A WEEKEND.
. . . the locals come out (us)
. . . the crowds are heavy
. . . the food lines are excruciatingly long
3) During the week is fine.
4) Other than that, just go and enjoy the food.

NOTE: Yes, there are tastings and other such activities, but many people feel they are overpriced. This is strictly a personal matter.

MickeyMousse
07-17-2008, 10:25 AM
We had dinner at the Australia kiosk one year for our wedding anniversary-bbq shrimp and steak kabobs.....excellent! :thumbsup: Our DS's both enjoyed the potato soup from Ireland that year, too.
It is worth the time to walk around the showcase and see what there is to offer. Then you can make your decision on where to stop and eat! I remember in Australia they also had a wonderful wine kiosk where you could sample and buy bottles. (that was in 2005) It's a great experience.

KEH113
07-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Do the kiosks stay open late during Epcot Extra Magic Hours? We'll be there during opening day which also is scheduled for evening magic hours.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-17-2008, 05:43 PM
:mickey: I wish I could do this one year, it sounds yummy

disneyfan1124
07-17-2008, 08:48 PM
I believe the kiosks closed when the World Showcase closed, generally 9:00pm when Illuminations begins.

Polynesian Dweller
07-18-2008, 02:02 PM
I believe the kiosks closed when the World Showcase closed, generally 9:00pm when Illuminations begins.

That's what it was like last year when we went.

Bobby T
07-19-2008, 01:51 AM
Another Hint: Get the Disney Dining Plan and use your snack options for food all over World Showcase.

HndrdPrcnt
07-19-2008, 02:01 AM
I have to agree with getting the dining plan. Using the snack credits at the F&W Festival is so much fun!! I LOVE spending as much time as possible eating until I pop!! The cheese soup in Canada is wonderful. The escargot in France and there is so much more!!