PDA

View Full Version : Count down to Disney!!!

wdwvacationeer
07-15-2008, 06:29 PM
I just thought I'd tell the people who understand the best!!!! Only four weeks from today until we leave for Disney World!!!!!:yay::joy::party2: I was wondering how everyone spends their last few weeks before their trip getting ready- we already have our suitcases out and are starting to pack! What are some ways that you start the magic early?:mickey:

forbella
07-15-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm feelin' your excitement as well! My family and I are about, as of this posting time stamp- 10 days, 5 hours, 15 minutes away from WDW:mickey:. So fare we've been making the usual double checks of dog boarding appointments, clothing lists (underwear, socks, t-shrits(I grew up military so I wear a t-shirt everywhere), cheap rain ponchos, trip accessories, etc.) all exciting stuff that doesn't help quell the anticipation!:blush:
We're spending more time outdoors to acclimate to the heat, and the humidity (as much as possible). I've prepped our Honda Element for it's fourth trip (Knock on Wood) to WDW- oil changes, transmission fluid, brakes, coolant, etc. But other than the above- we're just trying really hard to not concentrate on the 10 days, 5 hours, 11 minutes and 30 seconds:thumbsup:
I'm spending time getting all my camera/video gear ready...I"m quite the photo/video hog on trips to WDW- I've gotten much better though- only taking one video camera and only one digital camera!

We'll start packing about three days prior...the actual physical packing!

Hope you have a great trip!

#1disneyfan
07-15-2008, 08:26 PM
We are 27 days out until our big trip and getting super excited!

My only hang up right now is that I am fighting Bronchitis. I have had it for 3 weeks tomorrow and my breathing is still somewhat labored. I just fear that I will still be sick for the trip!

Other than that, we have been doing some odd and end shopping, making packing lists, to-do lists, etc.

Have a great trip, maybe we will "bump" into you!

Young@Heart
07-16-2008, 02:01 AM
We're at about 16 days now, and the anticipation is building throughout the household! I'm just trying to organize and make sure I've got everything we could possibly need. DS's are watching lots of youtube WDW videos and DD has been watching as many Disney DVD's as she can. DH reads over my shoulder her on intercot to get his Disney fix!

FTDW Poly 08
07-16-2008, 09:26 AM
We're 17 days away from our first trip. Our boys (8 and 6) are somewhat excited, but I wish they were moreso. Maybe we're not doing enough to facilitate the anticipation.

One thing we are doing is having weekly family meeting to talk about our plans. For instance, every family member is supposed to study a park and choose one ride that they REALLY want to go on. Also, we're looking at the Poly buildings to figure our which one to request. Right now we're thinging Samoa, Tokelau, and Niue.

Thoughts?

gmgdisneymom
07-16-2008, 09:59 AM
You guys are sooooo lucky, we are 79 days away. Since we have already been to disney two other times this year, we have a disney space in our bedroom with the essentials, misters, hats, autograph books, princess costume, etc

My little quirk is that once I get about 10 days away, I start counting the hours. i drive everyone crazy. whenever anyone asks my kids who is the most excited to go to disney, both of them always say Mommy!

PrincessEmmasMommy
07-16-2008, 11:05 AM
24 days here! Luckily we are going to be quite busy between now and then so the time will fly!
Jen

ibrowse17
07-16-2008, 12:19 PM
8 days, 3 hours and 13 minutes until we walk into the WL. The countdown started at 200 days, and I hope everyone's time passes as quick as ours has:thumbsup:

tink'72
07-16-2008, 12:27 PM
8 days, 3 hours and 13 minutes until we walk into the WL. The countdown started at 200 days, and I hope everyone's time passes as quick as ours has:thumbsup:

We are 8 days as well :woohoo::party2::yay::clappy::joy: and I cannot wait. I spend my days on Intercot and getting ready to pack. We are driving down so I just finished getting the car ready for the big trip but we can't wait! I went to the Disney Store the other day to pick up a few last minute items and I think we are ready to go!!!!

tys_mommy
07-16-2008, 02:37 PM
24 days here!

24 days here too:mickey:

I've started packing and have piles set aside in my bedroom for stuff to be packed. I have lists of things to buy and last minute things to pack. We have a countdown chain that the kids get to rip off a link a night. We have to busy lives so we can’t dedicate a specific night a week as Disney night but every now and then I surprise the kids with Mickey head pizza (found with the cheap pizza at our local grocery store) and we watch a Disney movie.

TXTigger
07-16-2008, 02:51 PM
30 days for us! We are so excited, but we still have so much to do. We are moving into a new house between now and then, but all I really want to focus on is going to Disney World! :secret: Have fun on your trips everyone.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Well, we're going for Christmas so I guess we'll be making our lists and checking them twice:santa3:

dolphinmickey9170
07-16-2008, 09:07 PM
24 days here! Luckily we are going to be quite busy between now and then so the time will fly!
Jen

24 days here too:mickey:

24 days here too!! Are you coming to our mini meets? Check out the thread in Disney Meets!!

Lorraine444
07-16-2008, 10:10 PM
24 days for me too! Sounds like the Magical place on earth will be busy with us!

But honestly, I'm not too excited yet.

I'm sending my son away to a YMCA sleepover :camp:for 2 weeks & he's not too happy with me.:angry::rant::noway:

Hopefully upon his return he will have had lotsa fun (even though he says he won't) and won't be upset at me anymore.

Another honest statement is he doesn't want to go to Disney either! TEENS!:giveup:

Somebody please send me some :pixie:so things will all turn out well.
I'm hoping he doesn't :tiptoe::bolt: away! He's that mad @ me!

PrincessEmmasMommy
07-17-2008, 06:42 AM
We are going as a Grand Gathering, so the mini meets are not just up to me. If we come it will be a walk up thing. Sorry!
Jen

RALPH
07-17-2008, 07:04 AM
Thirty five days! Whooo Hooo!

Dedivah
07-17-2008, 01:03 PM
354 days for me. :sob: :(

WriteDisney
07-17-2008, 01:57 PM
I have 70 days left. I'm going through our ADR's and making sure they are exactly what we want. Might change a thing or two (if possible). I'm sure the sooner September comes around, the less likely a change could happen.

Have fun on all your trips!! :thumbsup:

Disney fans..
07-17-2008, 02:37 PM
125 days left..and it's all we talk about! :woohoo:

SuzieBell
07-17-2008, 03:19 PM
It is 14 days, 16 hours, 29 minutes :thumbsup:I got just about everything ready except for the clothes! Will pack those a couple days before we leave! Have notes and lists all over the place! Don't want to forget anything! We will be flying this time! Anybody else leaving from Nashville in 14 days, 16 hours, 26 minutes ? :joy: Party at the airport! I read Intercot daily and other Disney sites to pass the time! DS-9 is SO excited!!! He crosses off days on the calander!

MushuGrl
07-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Four months, two weeks!!! :party: