PDA

View Full Version : Theme park ideas?

waymickey
07-15-2008, 09:55 AM
My family and I are headed for Disney very soon. My DD is going to 15 and had major surgery since our last trip and is no longer allowed to go on the Big Rides like RRC, SM, ect. She loved roller coasters. She went on RRC at 5! So now how do I still make Disney a magical fun vacation for her? Any ideas? Possibly overlooked attractions she may like?

SBETigg
07-15-2008, 10:05 AM
My daughter was fourteen on our last trip and she fell in love with World Showcase, which surprised me because she's not normally a big shopper or a big eater. She enjoyed browsing the shops at each country, checking out the unique styles of the buildings and costumes, and trying some new foods at each. Your daughter may enjoy taking her time there.

ryels
07-15-2008, 11:17 AM
World Showcase would be my main pick too. I could easily spend several days there and not get bored.

Also, there are so many non-thrill rides at all the parks. Each park has a 3-D movie, not to mention the stage shows like Nemo, Beauty & the Beast, Little Mermaid, Festival of the Lion King, etc.

Don't forget the Hall of Presidents, American Adventure, Universe of Energy, and all of the boat rides.

You could easily fill a trip and still avoid all the thrill rides (you'd avoid some long lines in the process!)

Personally, I could have a magical trip just by eating at some of the great restaurants. :cloud9:

Enjoy your trip!

gmgdisneymom
07-15-2008, 11:24 AM
I would agre with the World Showcase. My DS9 and DD6 loved it on our last teip and have been talking about it ever since. There are so many special things to do - pick pearls in Japan, watch the street show in England, the drums in Japan, and shopping everywhere

Belle619
07-15-2008, 03:35 PM
What about doing a tour (if she is up for the walking)? There are some that allow those younger than 16.

waymickey
07-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the good ideas.
I never thought of doing a tour figured she was too young.
Maybe she will enjoy world showcase I know I do.

Minnie Imagineer
07-15-2008, 04:56 PM
DHS has some great shows you should see. Other parks also have shows so see them. Check out WS and DtD

andreallybadeggs
07-15-2008, 05:18 PM
My daughter loved the Hoop De Doo show at age 16-- corny but good laughs. All the park closing shows, of course-- Wishes, Fantasmic, and Illuminations are great. My daughter also enjoys Great Movie Ride, Ellen's Energy, and all the 3 D movie attractions especially Philharmagic.
At Downtown Disney she loves the shopping, of course, and La Nouba was our big splurge last trip which the whole family thought was wonderful.

Daisy'sMom
07-15-2008, 05:48 PM
What did we do at Disney befoer thrill rides? We don't go for the thrill rides, my guys love just about anything Disney.