PDA

View Full Version : Two Resort Makeovers!!!

HeyMrsL!ItsThisGuy!
07-15-2008, 01:34 AM
Caribbean Beach Resort is getting 64+ rooms in a "Finding Nemo" makeover! Complete with Nemo, Crush, Dory, and Gil comforters, and a marlin and dory border around the walls. And Caribbean Beach's new family suites will be decked out in a PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN THEME!!!!

AND-
All Star Movies is getting a Pixar makeover as well, with oversized Buzz and Woody marking their territory.

PIC LINKS:
Woody and Buzz Hotel: http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/images/upload/buzz-woody-web.jpg

Nemo Comforter: http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/images/upload/cb-bedspread-web.jpg

Nemo Border: http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/images/upload/cb-wallpaper-border-web.jpg

thoughts?

TinkiTime1989
07-15-2008, 01:39 AM
Buzz and Woody are already at ASMo, and have been for quite some time. With this "info" coming from Jim Hill's website, I wouldn't give it much credit.

SurferStitch
07-15-2008, 06:41 AM
With this "info" coming from Jim Hill's website, I wouldn't give it much credit.

Perhaps you should actually look at the JH site before discrediting him....

There are actual photos of actual completed rooms (no flat screens yet). They are CBR rooms, too.....you can tell by the carpeting and furniture. So, it's kind of difficult to dispute the Nemo story. The bedspread colors are classic CBR, too.

Very cute! We were actually going to be staying there in October, until we changed our ressie to the GF.

Yeah, Buzz and Woody have been there for a while....not sure what would change.

Figment!
07-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Caribbean Beach Resort is getting 64+ rooms in a "Finding Nemo" makeover! Complete with Nemo, Crush, Dory, and Gil comforters, and a marlin and dory border around the walls.Maybe. One site has shown pictures of one room with this type of a make-over, it has not been confirmed that this will be the condition of all of the rooms after their soft refurbishments.

And Caribbean Beach's new family suites will be decked out in a PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN THEME!!!! This has not been confirmed either. Currently, there is not even paperwork filed to refurbish the remaining rooms that are rumored to be converted into family suites.

There are actual photos of actual completed rooms (no flat screens yet). They are CBR rooms, too.....you can tell by the carpeting and furniture. So, it's kind of difficult to dispute the Nemo story. The bedspread colors are classic CBR, too.Right, but it doesn't mean that all of the rooms will appear like that after their individual refurbishments.

This make-over could only apply to select rooms or simply be a "test room" to gauge Guests's reaction to such a decor. Both have happened before in the history of Disney resort hotels and are equally likely probabilities considering only one room has been photographed so far with out any further confirmation.

The INTERCOT Staff is watching these developments closely and as soon as we can get confirmation on what exactly is the purpose of the apparent make-over and the exact changes being made during the on-going refurbishments, we will post the information.

Minnie Imagineer
07-15-2008, 05:03 PM
i like the nemo theme in CBR..the bed spreed is not too "thats nemo!" (its suddel)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-15-2008, 08:33 PM
So Ev, is this a hint that you want to stay at either of these next year? All the guys/kids in one room and the Moms & Aunts in their own rooms? That sounds good to me!

HeyMrsL!ItsThisGuy!
07-15-2008, 08:54 PM
So Ev, is this a hint that you want to stay at either of these next year? All the guys/kids in one room and the Moms & Aunts in their own rooms? That sounds good to me!

:D

Young@Heart
07-15-2008, 11:43 PM
It doesn't seem like much of a change for ASMovies. :confused:

buzznwoodysmom
07-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Earlier today I checked another disney website, I know, I know, I went to the dark side! LOL. Anyway a member of those boards lives very close to WDW and keeps members up to date on Caribbean Beach resort, mostly takes pictues of how the pool is coming along. However, this week she did some investigating and found that many of the first floor rooms in building 24 (which is Martinique I beleive) have had the new Nemo theme done to them. Now she didn't look at every room in that building (she didn't go upstainrs), but all the ones she did look in were redone. She looked through the windows and took a few pictures. Just thought I'd pass this information along to those who may be interested. Also, for anyone interested, there are already items from the old rooms up for auction on ebay!

For anyone wondering about how the new pool is coming along. It appears as though it may be a zero entry pool. I've also seen pictures of a kiddie pirate water playgound. For those of you who have been to Vero Beach it is similar to thier pirate ship water playgound, not exact, just similar. The caribbean beach one looks to be a bit bigger than the one at Vero and looks like it has at least two slides.

brian2000boston
07-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Can you PM me the site. I will be staying there this September and would love a peak. Thank you.

buzznwoodysmom
07-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Can you PM me the site. I will be staying there this September and would love a peak. Thank you.

Sent you a PM. I don't know what room catagory you have booked, but it appears that the perfered room locations may be the first to get the new rooms.

Lizzie
07-18-2008, 02:41 PM
I am super excited that a family suite is coming to a moderate. Is this news official? Very intrested in how much it will cost.

buzznwoodysmom
07-18-2008, 05:03 PM
I don't think Disney has officially announced the referb of the rooms or the addition of the family suites at CBR. However, since it is obvious that the new Nemo rooms are more than just rumor I guess its a good chance that CBR may very well get the family suites as the current rumor says. I think it would be a great option for larger families. Now they would have options on all resort levels.