PDA

View Full Version : Park to Park Bus

elmjimmlm
07-14-2008, 08:42 PM
I have read that the busses run and don't run from park to park so I am curious do they or don't they?
There have been comments on both sides and if they do then where do they load at each park? When we are leaving parks I see busses that have other park names on them and then when they pull up the name changes to a resort.
Thanks for any information...:mickey::confused:

IloveDisney71
07-14-2008, 09:02 PM
When I was there in December we were able to catch buses from one park to another. Just check the bus information sign and it will tell you which stop you should go to.

ibrowse17
07-14-2008, 09:16 PM
You can catch a bus for the parks at either your resort, DTD or another park. However, you can only catch a bus to other resorts at the parks or DTD. Hope that helps:thumbsup:

Seasonscraps
07-14-2008, 10:27 PM
I think they stopped running buses between the parks & DTD in order to discourage guests from taking advantage of free parking.

Info Central has the info you are looking for. (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/gettingaround.asp)

WDWdriver
07-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Yes, the transportation system run from park to park, with just a few odd things to know about if you are traveling to MK. If you are going to MK from Epcot, you will take the monorail. If going to MK from AK or DHS your bus will drop you at the TTC (Transportation and Ticket Center) where you will transfer to either the monorail or ferry boat to complete your journey to the Magic Kingdom.

If you want to go to a park from Downtown Disney, you will have to find another way. Disney buses do not go to the parks from DTD -they only go to the resorts.

joelkfla
07-14-2008, 11:15 PM
To sum it up:

There is transportation available between all four theme parks.

For the MK, all park-to-park transportation is to and from the TTC. From the MK, take the Monorail or ferryboat to the TTC and transfer.

Between the TTC and Epcot, transportation is by Monorail. All other park-to-park is by bus.

All park-to-park buses load in the front of the parks, in the same areas as the resort buses. At TTC, exit the gated area and turn left at ticket booths, past Mickey's Gift Station to the bus loading area.

There is no regular direct service between DTD and any park.

For the waterparks: BB has buses to/from Epcot, DHS, and DAK. TL has no direct service to the parks.

gerald72
07-14-2008, 11:55 PM
trying to simplify:
park to park YES
park to resort YES
resort to park YES
resort to resort NO
park to DTD NO
DTD to park NO
resort to DTD YES
DTD to resort YES

Maleficent's Dad
07-15-2008, 09:28 AM
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong here...

I thought that there were no buses from DHS to EPCOT; your only option was to take the Friendship Boats or walk.

:confused: :scratch: :confused:

teambricker04
07-15-2008, 11:10 AM
I think they stopped running buses between the parks & DTD in order to discourage guests from taking advantage of free parking.

Info Central has the info you are looking for. (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/gettingaround.asp)

AH! We tried to go to DTD from MK our last trip and it was IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!! We will never again attempt that.

My favorite way to get from park to park is starting at DHS and then taking the boat to EPCOT and then taking the monorail to MK. (We very rarely go to AK. Long story.) We like to avoid the buses when possible.

Lynn J Mc
07-15-2008, 01:37 PM
I have taken a bus from DHS to Epcot stopping at a waterpark in between. I don't know if they still do that or not. We should have taken the boat. Quicker.

AlliMo
07-15-2008, 02:11 PM
ok...so when I was there 2 years ago...buses to/from DTD ONLY went to parks...now they only go to hotels????? That would have made things sooo easy then....AAAHHH!!! So complicated... to get from our hotel to dinner in another resort and back, we had to go via DTD usually. That was like an hour and half ordeal ....I am so over the bus situation.:confused:

KAJUNKING
07-15-2008, 03:36 PM
to answer your question, yes they have park to park tansportation

Shugoondola
07-15-2008, 04:03 PM
AH! We tried to go to DTD from MK our last trip and it was IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!

During my trip last January, I took a bus from Magic Kingdom to the last drop off at Saratoga Springs, then walked to DTD via the walkway. It wasn't too bad and the walk was nice.

:mickey:

joelkfla
07-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong here...

I thought that there were no buses from DHS to EPCOT; your only option was to take the Friendship Boats or walk.

:confused: :scratch: :confused:
No, there are buses between DHS and Epcot. The bus goes to the front of Epcot; the boat goes to back (World Showcase).

joelkfla
07-15-2008, 10:29 PM
My favorite way to get from park to park is starting at DHS and then taking the boat to EPCOT and then taking the monorail to MK.
Problem here is that you can't get from the Epcot boats to the Epcot buses without walking through Epcot. That's a shock to guests who either don't have park hoppers or aren't up for the approx. 1 mile walk!

joelkfla
07-15-2008, 10:34 PM
I have taken a bus from DHS to Epcot stopping at a waterpark in between. I don't know if they still do that or not. We should have taken the boat. Quicker.
No, it's a direct trip, and a rather quick one. But this bus often gets crowded because a lot of outside hotels and tour groups drop off at Epcot, but not at DHS. It also seems like the computer may schedule the park-to-park buses a bit less frequently than the resort buses.

joelkfla
07-15-2008, 10:44 PM
ok...so when I was there 2 years ago...buses to/from DTD ONLY went to parks...now they only go to hotels????? That would have made things sooo easy then....AAAHHH!!! So complicated... to get from our hotel to dinner in another resort and back, we had to go via DTD usually. That was like an hour and half ordeal ....I am so over the bus situation.:confused:
Rule of thumb: avoid DTD transfers whenever possible. I don't know why Disney designates DTD as the suggested transfer point. It's out of the way, all the buses make 2 or 3 stops, and it has the worst traffic on property.

If there's an open theme park that's not too far out of the way, choose it over DTD. But remember, you can't get to the Epcot resorts from the Epcot bus area without walking through the park.

joelkfla
07-15-2008, 10:49 PM
During my trip last January, I took a bus from Magic Kingdom to the last drop off at Saratoga Springs, then walked to DTD via the walkway. It wasn't too bad and the walk was nice.
Actually it's not the last stop, it's the 4th one: Congress Park. That's a popular option for getting to DTD from a park. I think the walk is about 3/4 mile.

Dreamer14
07-16-2008, 04:14 AM
Being a Disney Transport Cast Member allow me to sum things up here...

From the Magic Kingdom: Buses go only to Disney resorts except for the Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian, those hotels are accessible by walkway (Contemporary) or monorail.

To get to another park from the Magic Kingdom you must either take the monorail or boat back to the Ticket and Transportation Center. From the TTC you can transfer to the EPCOT monorail or take a bus that will go directly to Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom or you can go to a resort and take the bus from that resort

From EPCOt: A monorail can take you back to the TTC if you desire to go to the Magic Kingdom. There is a boat that will take you to Hollywood Studios located behind the International Gateway as you head towards the Boardwalk. I firmly believe that there is a bus that will also go to Hollywood Studios from EPCOT. I am certain that there is a bus that will transport between Animal Kingdom and EPCOT.

From Hollywood Studios: A boat is available to get back to the International Gateway entrance of EPCOT. I believe that a bus is available to go from Hollywood Studios to EPCOT. There is a bus that takes you to the TTC to connect to the Magic Kingdom. There is a bus that goes from Hollywood Studios to Animal Kingdom.

From Animal Kingdom: There are buses that will take you to EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, and the Ticket and Transportation area for a monorail or boat to the Magic Kingdom.

*As a side note: Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, and Downtown Disney are only accessible from a Disney Resort.

hardingella
07-16-2008, 09:26 AM
The longest jorney for us was from Pop Century to the Boardwalk. Its a great place to eat. We had to ge on the bus to DTD, get off and wait for a bus to either Boardwalk hotel or YC/BC. Once we waited 30 minutes for a bus at DTD, then near to Pleasure Island they swapped drivers which took 5 minutes, i think in total it took us nearly 90 minutes. If it wasnt for that we would have spent more time there.

Seasonscraps
07-16-2008, 09:29 AM
The longest jorney for us was from Pop Century to the Boardwalk. Its a great place to eat. We had to ge on the bus to DTD, get off and wait for a bus to either Boardwalk hotel or YC/BC. Once we waited 30 minutes for a bus at DTD, then near to Pleasure Island they swapped drivers which took 5 minutes, i think in total it took us nearly 90 minutes. If it wasnt for that we would have spent more time there.

Oh that stinks. Next time you should consider switching at Disney Studios. I don't think those two resorts are really that far away from each other.

Scar
07-16-2008, 09:57 AM
The longest jorney for us was from Pop Century to the Boardwalk.

... i think in total it took us nearly 90 minutes.I once walked from Pop Century to The Dolphin, passing Boardwalk along the way. Took about 40 mins.

CleveRocks
07-17-2008, 07:31 AM
ok...so when I was there 2 years ago...buses to/from DTD ONLY went to parks...now they only go to hotels????? That would have made things sooo easy then....AAAHHH!!!
I'm sorry, I truly don't mean to be disrespectful, but you're mistaken. I was at WDW in 2005 and 2006, and am also a "student" of the transportation there. I can assure you that in 2005 and 2006 the DTD transportation was EXACTLY like it is right now. There absolutely definitely were direct buses between DTD and each WDW resort; and there absolutely definitely were NOT direct buses between DTD and the theme parks.

AlliMo
07-17-2008, 10:47 AM
ok maybe I was a little confused. Basically, we had later dinners at different hotels and had to go to DTD because that was the only "park" that was open. So I guess I remembered wrong and had to go to DTD after dinner to get all the way back to the Poly. Still ridiculous in my opinion.

joelkfla
07-17-2008, 07:46 PM
*As a side note: Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, and Downtown Disney are only accessible from a Disney Resort.
As I said earlier in this thread, BB is served by buses from Epcot, DAK, and DHS, in addition to all resorts. (However, there could be a long wait for a bus from BB to DAK in the afternoon; after a certain time we mostly stop only on the way back from DAK.)

WDWdriver
07-17-2008, 11:12 PM
As a former Disney bus driver, I can well understand the frustrations guests experience while trying to get from one resort to another via DTD. But I still cannot understand why they submit to that ordeal (often taking more than 90 minutes) when they could simply take a ten minute cab ride. Taxis are readily available at WDW, and the cost is usually less than a family's theme park snack.

Seasonscraps
07-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Ron, I'm with you. An hour of vacation time is worth the (generally) less then $10 it costs to up a cab. :mickey: