PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Happy Haunt

Gator
07-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Since this is my 999th post, I thought I'd write about the 999 happy haunts at the Haunted Mansion. I don't remember this question ever being asked, so....Which Happy Haunt is your favorite? :hmghost:

Mine would have to be the invisble one holding the candlestick in the long hallway.

TINKERBELL_82
07-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Madam Leota, of course! :blackcat:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-14-2008, 08:28 PM
I like Master Gracey myself. Then again, I do like Constance now.

IloveDisney71
07-14-2008, 09:13 PM
I love the 3 haunts that take a ride with you at the end of the ride. They used to terrify me when I was little but now I look forward to them. :)

AdventurelandTikiGirl
07-14-2008, 09:19 PM
I love the 3 haunts that take a ride with you at the end of the ride. They used to terrify me when I was little but now I look forward to them. :)

Me too! "And now a ghost will follow you home" :ghost:

Now that I'm older it's a lot of fun to see them riding with or on you.

Imag1neer
07-14-2008, 10:01 PM
The cast member who lets you on... :scared:

garthbarth1
07-14-2008, 10:07 PM
What a great thread! This is a hard one for me as HM is my favorite...
I love the invisible one with the candlestick, AND Madame Leota...and the woman at the end that says something about coming back? I never quite understand what she is saying but the effect is magical to me:mickey:!

goofy89
07-14-2008, 10:13 PM
This is a tough one but my favorite is the dueling ghosts in the ballroom scene :hmghost:

barnaby
07-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Invisible one with the candlestick for me too.

WDWHart
07-15-2008, 01:10 AM
I think the ones that put the Mickey ears in the Dining room to be my favorite.:thedolls:

Or maybe the ones on the Chandeliers!!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-15-2008, 02:37 AM
The girl at the end is Little Leota - the love-child of Madame Leota and Master Gracey.

The three ghosts are Phineas (top hat), Ezra (skeletal), and Gus (prisoner).

I can't remember the name of the Phantom Ghost (the one with the Candlestick).

Did you know the walls are actually lined with velvet?

Young@Heart
07-15-2008, 11:33 AM
I love the haunts dancing in the ballroom.

jpcns50
07-15-2008, 11:36 AM
I think I would have to go with the dueling ghosts as well!! A close second would be the ones sitting on the chandelier!

Great Post!:thumbsup:

KAJUNKING
07-15-2008, 11:47 AM
i think the statues that turn and watch you as you pass are my favorite

WriteDisney
07-15-2008, 12:49 PM
Great idea for a thread! :thumbsup:

I like the dancing ghosts in the ballroom and the doors you pass by that shake and move..... :mickey:

TINKERBELL_82
07-15-2008, 12:51 PM
The girl at the end is Little Leota - the love-child of Madame Leota and Master Gracey.

The three ghosts are Phineas (top hat), Ezra (skeletal), and Gus (prisoner).

I can't remember the name of the Phantom Ghost (the one with the Candlestick).

Did you know the walls are actually lined with velvet?

Ooo love child...this is juicy information! Thank you Jessica! I love finding new things to tell my friends when we go!:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-15-2008, 03:35 PM
I could tell you all kinds of info on the Mansion. But then it wouldn't be as much fun to let it out little by little.

But I'll give you a little bit more about Little Leota. Master Gracey was planning to marry someone much younger than Madame Leota. Who marries their mistress? So Leota was going to put a curse on him but at the last minute, their daughter stepped between them and was hit by the curse - making her 17 inches tall.

She is also voiced by Leota Toombs, the person whose face is used for Madame Leota.

Disney Maniac
07-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Mine would have to the Bride. She is so neat!!

Mad About Mickey
07-15-2008, 07:28 PM
I have to say the three hitchhiking ghosts at the end are my favorites. We have taken our 3 older children to Disney and their expressions when they saw the ghost in the mirror were priceless :jaw: . We are taking child #4, DD 2, for the first time in December and I will be looking forward to her reaction :).

disneymom2000
07-15-2008, 07:32 PM
I love the haunts dancing in the ballroom.

ME TOO!!!!:thumbsup:

MadisonvilleMouse239
07-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Mine would be the ghosts who hitch a ride in the 'doom buggy". HM is my favorite. DS, 3 not a fan. It's too dark for him. Hopefully he will grow to love it as much as I do.

caryrae
07-15-2008, 08:06 PM
I don't know why but the singing ghost busts are my favorite.

Gotta Love Eeyore
07-17-2008, 10:05 AM
I have to go with the singing ghost busts too.

DisneyOtaku
07-17-2008, 10:20 AM
I have to say it's a toss up between the Ghost Bride and the ballroom-dancing ghosts :thumbsup:

Disney_Barbie
07-17-2008, 10:22 AM
and the woman at the end that says something about coming back?
I beleive little leota is saying "hurry baaaaaaaack, hurry baaaaaack. Be sure to bring your dealth certificate"

Someone mentioned Constance, who's that? Is that the name of the Bride or something???

For some reason some of my fav's are the ones in the graveyard with the make-shift teeter-totter, they always crack me up

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
07-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Gotta go with the hitchhiking ghosts for this one. My mom and I rode it 9 times last September; all but 1 of those times, we had the same ghost hitchhiking with us!

Chris :hatter:

DisneyCouture
07-17-2008, 10:31 AM
This is so hard to choose. Madame Leota & the dancing ghosts in the ballroom. The old bride with the blinking heart used to scare me to death when I was a kid. lol. :hmghost:

wdwgrl377
07-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Wow, this is a great thread!

I like the ghost holing the candlestick as well. I've always looked forward to that scene in the ride...kinda creepy to me, but it's also so cool!

I also like the ghost who put the Mickey ears on the table! :D

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-17-2008, 12:37 PM
I love all 99, but its always fun to guess which of the traveling ghosts you're going to get:hmghost:

caryrae
07-17-2008, 12:39 PM
I love all 99, but its always fun to guess which of the traveling ghosts you're going to get:hmghost:

:oops: I think you missed a 9 :secret:

Minnie Imagineer
07-17-2008, 05:15 PM
definatly the dancing ghosts in the ballroom-its so beautiful
:hmghost:

dixielandings
07-17-2008, 05:18 PM
The short squatty hitch-hiker. I've always liked him.

AdventurerKim
07-17-2008, 05:36 PM
My favorite Happy Haunt is, of course, Madame Leota.

Goes4FastPass
07-17-2008, 05:40 PM
My favorite haunt is the late great Thurl Ravenscroft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thurl_Ravenscroft). He is the bass bustin the quartet, the one that's broken. He is also the voice of Buff in Country Bear Jamboree and perhaps most famously, Tony the Tiger. I don't know if "they're grrrreat" but he was.

jennsky
07-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Definitely the singing ghost busts in the graveyard. I dunno why, but I've always been fascinated by them. I think it's their facial expressions that I love...

LauraleeH
07-17-2008, 08:32 PM
The ballroom dancing and the haunt trying to get out of the coffin!

garthbarth1
07-17-2008, 11:13 PM
[QUOTE=Disney_Barbie;1689517]I beleive little leota is saying "hurry baaaaaaaack, hurry baaaaaack. Be sure to bring your dealth certificate"

Thanks for sharing that! I always wonder what she is saying. I just love this thread!!:thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Constance is the new bride, the old bride was Prudence.

The small ghost is Gus.

passholderryan
07-19-2008, 11:29 AM
The singing busts "Grim grinning ghosts are out to socialize"

poohbearfan
07-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Wow, great thread!! So many to choose from. I always thought the old bride was so spooky!!! Now, the new one, well she is still spooky just not in the same way.

I too love the candleabra coming down the hall.

My very favorite is the ballroom ghosts, wait, I love the one on the organ, oh yeah and the busts, and yes the shadow on the floor of the skeleton playing the piano, oh and don't forget the one trying to get out of the coffin, oops almost forgot Leota and oh yeah, the Ghost Host!!!

Whew, told you there were too many to choose from.

The HM is probably my most favorite ride!!!:hmghost:

mickeyfan2001
07-19-2008, 08:24 PM
I love the Ballroom ghost and the one at the end saying "Hurry baaaaaaaack, Hurry baaaaaack. Be sure to bring your death certificate".....I Love the Haunted Mansion! :hmghost:

pink
07-19-2008, 08:57 PM
I love the ghost host and the hitchiking ghosts. :mickey:

CaptSmee
07-19-2008, 11:29 PM
...hmmm...maybe the grim reaper holding the hidden mickey? or the duelling gunmen in th ballroom. it's a toss up...

BritCody
07-20-2008, 08:46 AM
For some reason ever since my first ride the singing ghosts always stuck out for me

VolMickey
07-20-2008, 08:51 AM
...hmmm...maybe the grim reaper holding the hidden mickey?

Just read about this hidden mickey. Per the "Complete Guide" it's the only WDI hidden mickey in the whole HM. Supposedly, the plates in the ballroom scene are put there by CMs and not WDI, making them "unofficial."

Gotta go with this guy as my fav.

Davyjones
07-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Going to have to go with The Bride! Love all the headless portraits around her too! :hmghost::ghost:

beksy
07-20-2008, 07:58 PM
I love the ballroom ghosts dancing and the ones sitting on the chandeliers! The dueling ghosts are cool too.

Coolwench
07-20-2008, 09:04 PM
I like the hitch hiking ghosts the best, but I also like the Ballroom haunts.:mickey:

Imagineer1981
07-21-2008, 11:27 AM
I gotta go with the 5 singing heads!

CU Tiger
07-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Mine would be the hitch hiking ghosts. :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Just read about this hidden mickey. Per the "Complete Guide" it's the only WDI hidden mickey in the whole HM. Supposedly, the plates in the ballroom scene are put there by CMs and not WDI, making them "unofficial."

Gotta go with this guy as my fav.

Since the refurb, they've officially added one in the attic scene. It's on the floor of the second husband's wedding area to the left.

AmandaChan
07-21-2008, 05:06 PM
My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Disney World in May and we wore our bride and groom 'mickey ears' to Magic Kingdom one night. We rode the Haunted Mansion and they stopped us in front of the bride (with the axe) for at least a whole minute. Now, I might be a little paranoid but I'm pretty sure they did this one purpose (via camera). I was actually really, really creeped out. the new bride is really, really scary.. :secret:

DisneyBunch
07-21-2008, 06:58 PM
I love the HM, but Madame Leota has been my favorite since my very first visit.:hmghost:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-21-2008, 11:27 PM
My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Disney World in May and we wore our bride and groom 'mickey ears' to Magic Kingdom one night. We rode the Haunted Mansion and they stopped us in front of the bride (with the axe) for at least a whole minute. Now, I might be a little paranoid but I'm pretty sure they did this one purpose (via camera). I was actually really, really creeped out. the new bride is really, really scary.. :secret:

There aren't any cameras on the ride. Trust me, when I went on the backstage tour, they explained there weren't any cameras but on each side of the track, there are motion pads and infrared sensors that register when someone steps on it and alerts the ops.

dolphinmickey9170
07-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Since the refurb, they've officially added one in the attic scene. It's on the floor of the second husband's wedding area to the left.

Jess, you will have to point that one out to us in Aug. I really like to one on the right in the attic. I think it was stated previously as the grimm reaper?? I like that Hidden Mickey, he's my favorite. I also love the bride that says, "'as long as we both shall live." And she is holding a hatchet.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Jess, you will have to point that one out to us in Aug. I really like to one on the right in the attic. I think it was stated previously as the grimm reaper?? I like that Hidden Mickey, he's my favorite. I also love the bride that says, "'as long as we both shall live." And she is holding a hatchet.

Are you talking about the one in the grim reaper? That one is at the end of the graveyard scene.

I'll gladly tell you everything I know about the ride, if you don't mind me talking through the entire thing. There really are so many little things that Guests don't normally see or even notice as they go through the ride.

There are a lot of little things in the attic that really are amazing. All of the impossible to see hidden Jacks. The portrait of the hanging man from the stretching room in the loading dock.

italiangrl.08
07-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Personally i like the mirror that shows a ghost sitting with you! Where else can you see that??

( :jaw: :skull: :jaw:)

Disney Doll
07-22-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm going to have to go with the dancing ghosts in the dining room.

Oh, and thank you for all the juicy tidbits Jessica!

Gator
10-08-2008, 04:33 PM
I just saw a video with a hidden Mickey in the giant cave/tomb in the graveyard. I'll have to look for that next time. Maybe that will be my new favorite Happy Haunt.

Diznee4Me
10-09-2008, 08:49 AM
I really like the new effect of the footsteps on the Escher-esque staircase. :thumbsup:

I seem to always focus on the arm with the trowel bricking himself/herself in the tomb near the opera singer. :D

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
10-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Great thread!!

My favorite happy haunt is one that can only be seen at night, from OUTSIDE the Mansion. It's the happy haunt that can be spotted in the upstairs windows carrying a candle. Cool!

bmj721
10-09-2008, 02:38 PM
My favorite is the Ghostly Organist in the banquet hall, myself being a musician. When I was young (years ago) my parents had bought me a model of this that I had painted and glued. I never went to WDW until much later when I was 27. So, you can imagine how delighted I was when I finally saw the organist that I had enjoyed through my model and on Disney television programs all those years.
:hmghost:

dmosher
10-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Mine would have to be the pistol duelers in the wall paintings during the ballroom scene. Every time I go through there, I am always distracted by them!
:pipes:
D

TheWizofDiz
10-10-2008, 01:43 PM
My all-time fav attraction...I always enjoyed the organ player in the ball room scene, with the skulls coming out of the organ pipes, but to be honest, I love practically everything in the HM!...:thumbsup:

Gator
10-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Great thread!!

My favorite happy haunt is one that can only be seen at night, from OUTSIDE the Mansion. It's the happy haunt that can be spotted in the upstairs windows carrying a candle. Cool!

I can't believe I've never seen this before! I'll be looking for it in December.

Auroring Good Time
10-11-2008, 10:22 PM
My vote would have to be for the organist. I have a postcard of this ghost from the first time I went to Disney in 1972.

PixiePrincess
10-12-2008, 11:36 AM
I love the opera singing ghost in the graveyard!

laward32
10-12-2008, 01:22 PM
This is hard. I love everything about HM. I guess it would be Madame Leota, the singing statues and the ghost riders at the end.:mickey:

Disneyfun
10-12-2008, 01:29 PM
My favorite haunt used to be the hallway scene with the floating candleabra (sp?). The reason was that the chair that used to be there had the only hidden Donald in the parks for a long time.
Sadly, I think they have taken the chair out and replaced it with another as the hidden Donald was not there on our last trip.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-13-2008, 02:22 AM
....There is a hidden Donald on all of the chairs of that design. The one in the library has him as well. The problem is that one time, someone threw ketchup all over the ride and ruined some of the original chairs but they were renovated and returned.

badkitty
10-19-2008, 09:54 PM
For me, it is the ghost in the coffin yelling "let me out of here!". That scene always made my mom giggle for some reason and I think about her everytime I pass that ghost.

DizRunner
10-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Mine would have to be the one in the graveyard scene holding the hidden mickey.

Jim&AngieMarriner
10-20-2008, 02:42 AM
Does it get any better than this thread? A discussion of probably my favorite all time ride.
Well as a kid I remember the cast member at the doors saying "No more bodies please" he also told another kid who was acting up to "please decompose himself". On the inside of the Mansion I always liked the singing busts but my favorite thing was the portaits that stretched before you got into ther doom buggy.

DisneyOtaku
10-20-2008, 06:43 AM
Iy's a toss up between the ghost bride (the new one scares me to no end!) and the beautiful ballroom dancing ghosts.

PETE FROM NYC
10-22-2008, 05:31 PM
The Haunted Mansion is by far my favorite attraction.My wifes too.
Some of our favorite haunts are:
Everything in the ballroom
The library heads that follow you
The singing heads
The three hitchikers,we always say we want the little guy.
I never noticed any hidden Mickeys,so we will watch for them next trip.

Zawadi
10-24-2008, 01:13 PM
The one at the end who says "Hurry back! Hurry back! And don't forget to bring your death certificate!" She also speaks at the end of HalloWishes.

I don't know her name. Can anyone please tell me?

Zawadi
10-24-2008, 03:24 PM

I've just noticed this post, from the all conquering Cpt Jessica, that answers my question about the identity of the "Hurry Back!" ghost at the end of HM.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Yep. And while Madame Leota has Leota Toombs face, but Eleanor Audley's voice (Maleficent/Lady Tremaine) - Little Leota has both the face and voice of Leota Toombs. Walt said her voice was too soft-spoken for Madame Leota.

kbean
10-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Mine's not a haunt......I like that skinny dog in the graveyard.

brdavis
10-28-2008, 08:23 AM
OK, so now I've only got to add two Hidden Mickey's, and "exterior" ghost, dueling pictures (I've seen them before, but forgot), and several other things... :).

Actually, my favorite was always the ghost under the table. Even as a kid, that cracked me up.

--
Brian Davis

kemps@wdw
10-28-2008, 10:35 PM
The shaking haunt in the graveyard, holding up the lantern, w/the boney dog! :hmghost:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-28-2008, 11:47 PM
He's not a haunt. In fact, he's the only living person in the Mansion.

And his name is Horace Fusslebottom, the groundskeeper. I forgot the dogs name, but I got to pet it after parade one day!!

Bobby T
10-29-2008, 01:44 AM
I love the Ghost Organist in the Ballroom Scene.