PDA

View Full Version : Handicapped seating at Fantasmic?

Hayden's Dad
07-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Has anyone ever sat in the handicapped seating for Fantasmic, either the regular seating or the seating off to the side that is designated for the dinner packages?
We are debating on going to this show, I think Hayden would like it, but what's the point if the seating is bad, and I am afraid it is right at the very top just before the steps.

Thanks for any advice.

Jasper
07-14-2008, 03:35 PM
The handicap seating is at the top of the theater as you enter. It is done this way because everyone enters at the top and then walks down steps to get to the bleachers. They have places for both those in a wheelchair as well as regular seating for their families to join them. If a show is jam packed and there are no handicap families needing the space they will allow anyone else to use that area as well.

As for the view, I think it is just fine from that position. While we have never actually sat in the handicap section we have sat in the first row in front of it and the view was just as good as being down near the bottom.

There is also one other GREAT advantage to being at the top and that is that if the wind is blowing towards the audience as it often seems to do, you won't get wet sitting up that high! For this very reason we try to sit up as close as possible to the handicap area!

Hayden's Dad
07-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Thanks Jasper that makes me feel a little better.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-14-2008, 05:21 PM
We sat here with my Mom on our last trip. We were in the dinner package section, and yes, they are at the very top of the seating area, but we saw just fine!

The CM's were really good at making sure that no one sat in the handicapped section, so we had enough room, and lucked out with no one in front of us.

I would get there in good time, even if you have the dinner package, so you're not too far off to the side!

alaMode
07-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Hola!
We sat in the regular handicapped-accessible area (not the dinner package section) w/ our son Jack. I thought the seats were good--he could see everything. We arrived about 30 minutes before the first show and were able to get in and out quickly. Granted, the parks weren't very crowded, but I have heard how nutty it can get, so I was concerned!
Tess

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-14-2008, 08:54 PM
You can also ask them to go up front and they will show you a secret pathway for wheelchairs that you can take Hayden up front close for a better view. Plus you can wait for everyone to get out that way.

Marilyn Michetti
07-14-2008, 09:53 PM
They're wonderful seats, (IMHO), and it's easier to exit when the show is over.:mickey:

Hayden's Dad
07-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Thank you everyone. I feel much better about the seating now. :mickey: I'll make my dinner package reservations when they let me.