PDA

View Full Version : CSR vs POFQ for Family Trip

WDW Addict
07-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Help! We are trying to decide which resort to pick for our upcoming trip. It will be me, DW, DS (4), DS (1), DGM and DGP. I have heard great things about both but we haven't stayed at either before. We will be going in Feb. 09 for 9 day/8 nights and will be getting 2 rooms. Are these resorts easy to navigate with little ones? they look so large. How is the wait time for the buses? Any info would be great!:mickey: Thanks :cloud9:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-14-2008, 01:36 PM
I can't comment on POFQ, as we've never stayed there...but here are my views on CSR:

Pros:
1.Great Pool
2. Super Great Food Court

Cons:

1. It is really spaced out when I had to do:laundry: it was a really long walk hauling bags of laundry... also, it was a long trek to the food court
however there are bus stops spread out on the resort so that wasn't so bad

Here's my:twocents: We did not feel the extra cost for a moderate was worth it for us, the beds are the same size as the values and we do not spend a lot of time in the room, so for now on we will spend the extra money on a longer stay or more souveniers.

buzz2001
07-14-2008, 02:17 PM
CSR!! Better pools, transportation and food options.

kathiep
07-15-2008, 09:29 AM
We loved CSR. Some find it somewhat large but we were honestly in the furthest section from the main building/food court and even with our little ones, 4 1/2 & 3, we would make it to the food court in under 10 minutes. It was a beautiful walk around the lake. The grounds were gorgeous.

You can't beat the main pool area at this resort. Also, the food court is much better than that of the other mods.

c&d
07-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Although I love CSR I would recommend PO Riverside, Alligator Bayou section. I know when DS was little he loved walking around that section.

I think you'll be happy with either Riverside or French Quarter. With either resort you have the boat to Downtown Disney also.

CSR is a very large resort and it requires a lot of walking.

goofy89
07-15-2008, 12:21 PM
I've stayed at both CSR and POFQ. I think both are very nice resorts but I personally prefer CSR. I think it has better food, a better pool, and the grounds are beautiful. All in all I think it's a more attractive resort. However, POFQ is smaller than CSR so you may not have to do as much walking. I'd vote CSR though, it is one of my favorites. :mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
07-15-2008, 12:45 PM
I look at it this way, I prefer a smaller sized resort so POFQ fits the bill for us perfectly. While I did like the CSR, it always felt that I was going on a hiking adventure every time we went out. Maybe it was because we were stuck out in the very back of the resort.:D

Both places have their own merit but I will come back to the size of the resort. I could walk to the food court, grab food and be back in my room in just over 5 minutes.

I will always say this though, that you can't go wrong in any of the moderates.

KAT1811
07-15-2008, 12:55 PM
We LOVE CSR. Beautiful resort, great theming, beautiful pool and grounds. It is quite large like others have said. The bus stops are scattered around the resort and none are very far from any room. I have heard so many PP say that the resort requires a lot of walking but I have yet to hear somone mention the shuttles that continually circulate the resort, around the clock. Walking around the resort is an option not a requirement. The golf cart type shuttles that hold about a dozen or so people continually circle Lago Dorado and pick up and drop off passengers along the way. If you would like to walk to your destination the resort is breathtaking if not and you're too tired to go another step take the shuttle to your room (or anywhere in the resort), relaxing and taking it all in along the way.

RPHX2NC
07-15-2008, 07:45 PM
CSR the pools are great and hammocks on the sand. Seems less crowded and transportation is better, and food court is better.

chicade88
07-15-2008, 08:36 PM
I would definitely pick CSR but I haven't been to POFQ so I have nothing to compare it to. We we liked: relaxed/tropical feel, BEAUTIFUL grounds, good food court, I could go on and on... It was a long walk to the food court/main building but the walk is so pretty we never seemed to notice!

WDW Addict
07-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Thank you all for your input, we greatly appreciate it! We just want to make this the best trip possible:thumbsup: :mickey:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
07-23-2008, 02:48 PM
POFQ is the hands down answer to this for your family/kids size. Stayed at both and enjoyed both but FQ is much smaller and easier to navigate with two small kids. In Feb. it is unlikely that you will use the pool with a 1 and 4 year old it is just a little too chilly. The playground at CSR is way better than POFQ but how often are you going to use that really? The food court at CSR has better food but it is a resort/convention center so do not go eat at traditional eating times because the lines are long!! The POFQ food court is small and acceptable and unless it is peak breakfast time it is usually not overly crowded. If it was just you and another adult CSR all the way or if your kids were older but in your circumstance I think FQ will fit your needs a little better.

mdricks
07-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Well i had a similar group at POFQ and i can tell you there was no downside. The boat ride to DTD was a real special addition. Whoever said the bus service was better at CSR, well if you can get better than POFQ, first on first off always a seat, go for it.

And come on, bengiets. :mickey:

My favorite resort, so far.....