PDA

View Full Version : Disney Oak Trail Golf Course question

passholderryan
07-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Has anyone played this that give some advice? Its a 9 hole walking course that looks pretty good. How busy is it? I'm assuming the course is in great shape. Any recommendations?

DisneyorBust
07-14-2008, 08:20 PM
My son and I had the pleasure to play the Oak Trail a couple of years ago. From what I remember the course was not very busy the morning that we played and was in very good condition. The course meandered thru the woods, not park like though, more like 'wild' Florida. The tee boxes and greens were very well maintained, fairways were relatively wide and gave favorable lies, the rough was pretty forgiving (considering it is Bermuda grass) the ball sat up most of the time.
We found the staff to be professional and courteous. We had rented clubs for this round and the clubs were name brand and in great condition. As a matter of fact, I was given an upgrade of clubs (free) when they had trouble locating the clubs that I had requested. Typical Disney!
A very cool aspect was that you could hear the Magic Kindom train whistle from parts of the course. It is located across from the POLY near the Palm and Magnolia courses.
Only recommendation that I can give is if you plan to play during one of the hotter months of the year, book an early tee time so that you still have energy for the parks!
Have a great round and let me know how it was for you.

passholderryan
07-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to playing and will let you know how it is.