PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania Lines

waymickey
07-14-2008, 09:44 AM
My family is headed for disney in just 18 days! What is the best stragedy for getting on Toy Story Mania in the Studios? Anyone know if it is one of the rides open for early opening or late evening hours?:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-14-2008, 11:28 AM
It is open for EMH.

And I recommend going later in the day, usually closer to Fantasmic times.

There is almost always a 90+ minute wait the rest of the time.

MomtoRooandRie
07-14-2008, 11:54 AM
We were just there in June... the ride is awesome!! Go first thing in the morning and get a fastpass and then get in the standby line and ride... this way you will get at least two rides in for sure. We used this strategy
for all the popular rides ( Soarin, Splash Mt. etc... ) and it worked really well for us. Have a great trip:mickey:

SpaceMtn101
07-14-2008, 11:58 AM
i just went to HS yesterday and it was PACKED! more so than last year at this time. We did TOY STORY at 11:10 and ended up waiting 25 min. It was posted 50min. And fastpases were going for 8pm to 9pm.

*A little side note .... fastpasses dont start coming back til 11:15 I found out from my friend who is a cm who works there. So if you are in line before that rush comes then the wait wont be as long.

hbell
07-14-2008, 03:33 PM
We were there over the week of the 4th. The parks were not overly crowded, but the best bet is to get there early to get a Fast Pass. For EMH, we thought we could surely get a Fast Pass when they started being given out for the extra hours,but they were gone in 10 minutes. For EMH passes, you should head to the Fast Pass machines about thirty minutes before EMH begin and wait in line, so that as soon as they are available, you are near the front of the line. We were in line and they were gone as we were three people away. But, it is an awesome ride!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
07-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Will be there in 16 days and I cannot wait to try it out. I am on the other hand not excited about the "new" ride excitement that brings about SOARIN' lines.

bjs6
07-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Getting a Fastpass is the best option but if you can't try one of the following: the single rider line or timing when you get in line.

In June, I attended a seminar in Orlando and went to Hollywood Studios after the seminar. I didn't get to the Studios until around 5:45 pm. The Toy Story Mania Fastpass were already gone for the day. We used the single rider line and got through pretty fast. We went again after the watching the first Fantasia showing. We went directly to Toy Story Mania from Fantasia and found the single rider line had been closed so we went through the normal line. It was only about a half-hour wait at that time...not great but not bad considering the waits we saw earlier.

waymickey
07-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the info. I can not wait to get on this ride. I usually am ho hum about HS since there are not a lot of rides, but this year it will be our first stop. Can't wait Disney in 14 days!!! :mickey:

Young@Heart
07-15-2008, 11:20 AM
We really want to go through the standby line at least once b/c we heard the theming around the line is great and I really want to see it. We're hoping to get on it during EMH's one night, but if the wait is really bad, we'll just try FP's during morning EMH's.

KAJUNKING
07-15-2008, 01:35 PM
we are very excited about this new ride and last year while we were there rcnrc was closed and so was spaceship earth so we are really looking forward to this trip :mickey:

ransam
07-15-2008, 02:02 PM
can anyone give more info on the toy story ride? everyone i talk to says it's amazing.....but from the description i've read it just seems to be a bigger version of the Buzz LIght show at MK....what kind of ride is the toy story ride anyway? what makes is such a great ride.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-15-2008, 03:32 PM
It's 3-D for one.

It's Interactive - you shoot at them and sometimes they fire back.

It's kinda like a very very very very mild Tea Cup ride at points.

It's very high technology and you have more control over where you aim and what you aim for.

You have more fun because it's more competitive.