PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for the pixie dust... it really worked

Kairi_7378
07-14-2008, 08:54 AM
About 3 months ago, I sat on my couch and typed a post asking for pixie dust because I had been downsized from my job of 8.5 years. I am happy to say that as long as I pass my pre employment medical exam today I will be gainfully employed within the next few weeks! I got an offer letter on Friday and after much discussion with DH decided to take the job. I'll be working for SEPTA, which is the Philadelphia's public transportation company. It's a bit of a change in field for me but the salary is good and the benefits are fantastic.

The past 3 months have been incredibly difficult- being downsized and dealing with graduate school and having a baby on the way was hard on DH and I. There were days where I was very depressed and didn't want to get up. I went on a lot of interviews, and it got harder and harder to put on the maternity business suit and act happy and professional. But I got through it. So I'm posting for two reasons:

1.) to say THANK YOU for all of the pixie dust, positive thoughts, and tough advice that everyone gave me when I first lost my job. These things were a great help to me in the first few days, when I was so shocked and didn't know what to do with myself.
2.) to give encouragement to those who've also been downsized recently. Finding a job in today's market is difficult. It can take a long time... and that can be frustrating... but now I know that it can be done.

Now I have to convince DH that we can start planning to take our little one to WDW now that I have a job again :) Thanks again, Intercot rocks!

mickeys_princess_mom
07-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Good for you! Congratulations, and lots of :pixie: for today!

RedSoxFan
07-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Congrats:thumbsup: