PDA

View Full Version : What are the best Counter Service meals?

momof3+twins
07-14-2008, 08:38 AM
I am looking for good food not hot dogs, but something comparable to a home cooked meal. I get sick easy with filler/junk food. So, I am really needing help with this one!:thumbsup:

slegrant
07-14-2008, 09:14 AM
At the Magic Kingdom my family and I enjoy Cosmic Rays in Tomorrowland. They have a great variety. Almost any of the countries in Epcot are fantastic, it's just hard to choose which country to eat in. At DHS we like the ABC Commissary. And last but not least Flame Tree BBQ in the Animal Kingdom. There are several great cs area's throughout the resorts as well. The Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge all have great breakfast and lunch options for cs. The Polynesian has Tonga Toast at their cs area and that is an absolute must!

Enjoy your trip:bar:

disneymom15
07-14-2008, 09:22 AM
I agree with Cosmic Rays, they have salads and rotissary chicken (sorry for mis spell). I also like Harbour House, usually get 1/2 tuna sandwich and soup.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-14-2008, 09:38 AM
:chef:

AK-Flame Tree BBQ
Epcot-there are a variety of ethnic counter service restaurants where you can get something other than hot dogs and hamburgers, also Sunshine Seasons has complete meals

DHS-not really sure, I've heard Starring Rolls has good Deli type sandwiches....

MK-Cosmic Rays, or Columbia Harbor House

elmjimmlm
07-14-2008, 09:39 AM
The food courts at most resorts have a wide variety to choose from...
Sunshine Seasons in Epcot is IMO the best counter service at Disney...It has so many choices...If you are looking for healthy and not your ordinary fast food then that is it...

Mickey 101
07-14-2008, 09:47 AM
It was Tusker House hands down in AK, but now that's TS. :( For QS, I would agree with previous posts about Sunshine Seasons Food Fair in The Land and Starring Rolls bakery at HS. Their sandwiches are great.....fresh mozzarella and basil with deli meat on focaccia bread.....and large enough to split.

TexasPrincessAurora
07-14-2008, 09:50 AM
EPCOT...definitely Sunshine Food Fair. You can get some amazing things here for CS.

DTD...Wolfgang Puck Express. Amazing salads and pastas, among other things.

AK...Flame Tree would be the best bet now that Tusker House is TS.

DHS...well, we have yet to find CS that is very tasty at all.

maxrebo77
07-14-2008, 10:42 AM
:mickey:Although it's true that DHS has a poor selection of CS, the Flatbread Grill (which might be called the Studio Catering Co. I think) Has a Very Good Greek Salad. I heard their Chicken with rice and beans is big enough to share also. For Kids I think it is things like MaC, Chix Leg, PBJ but their offer healthier fruit sides. And the cheesecake comes in a very hand little container you can eat as you walk around. Also, depending on where you sit, you can see some of the street entertainment while sitting in the shade.

brewcrew26
07-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Sunshine Seasons is the best CS and you get a lot for your money. I think there's something to please everyone, too. It's a simple menu of meat items, salads, sandwiches and soups. But, it's really good quality.

DreamFinder2
07-14-2008, 10:47 AM
MK - Cosmic Ray's
EPCOT - Yakatori House
DHS - None
AK - Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafe' (outdoor seating)

bruin1344
07-14-2008, 01:28 PM
MK - Pecos Bill & Columbia Harbour House
Epcot - all of the World Showcase CS

thanks to world showcase, youll never get sick of the same type of food

Gator
07-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Flame Tree BBQ is far and away the best counter service. The Tangeriene Cafe@Epcot is very tasty and very authentic.

IloveDisney71
07-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Cosmic Rays in the MK does have wonderful chicken. I think it was served with mashed potatoes and green beans and we really enjoyed it.

I also like the Flame Tree BBQ in the AK. The BBQ is great. My oldest DD loves the ribs but I always get the pork sandwich. The baked beans are also tasty.

henry.james.s
07-14-2008, 10:43 PM
EPCOT...definitely Sunshine Food Fair. You can get some amazing things here for CS.

Totaly agree :thumbsup:

MK..I've always enjoyed Cosmic Ray's. Really good food & reasonable.

Mfarquar
07-15-2008, 10:19 AM
I hear ya! Counter service can be difficult. I have an intestinal disease, and have to watch what I eat. Here's where I've found some great choices...

Happily, a lot of the counter services have healthy sides like apple slices, grapes, carrots and/or yogurt. On the bright side, IMO, the fast food like burgers & hot dogs in WDW are heads above the ones you'll find at Universal or Six Flags in quality.

MK - Pecos Bill (yummy chicken wrap, good salads, they have veggie burgers)

DHS - This one is tough - ABC Commissary is probably your best bet. This is the park where we usually cheat and have a burger - There are turkey legs here though, if you're looking for non-red meat...

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons HANDS DOWN. Great variety, healthy, fresh food, high quality, fantastic sides. Can't be beat for counter service.

AK - Used to be Tusker House, but now I'd go with Flame Tree - I had a great salad there.

DTD - Wolfgang Puck Express hands down

Happy Eating!

CleveSJM
07-15-2008, 02:00 PM
I hear ya! Counter service can be difficult. I have an intestinal disease, and have to watch what I eat. Here's where I've found some great choices...

Happily, a lot of the counter services have healthy sides like apple slices, grapes, carrots and/or yogurt. On the bright side, IMO, the fast food like burgers & hot dogs in WDW are heads above the ones you'll find at Universal or Six Flags in quality.

MK - Pecos Bill (yummy chicken wrap, good salads, they have veggie burgers)

DHS - This one is tough - ABC Commissary is probably your best bet. This is the park where we usually cheat and have a burger - There are turkey legs here though, if you're looking for non-red meat...

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons HANDS DOWN. Great variety, healthy, fresh food, high quality, fantastic sides. Can't be beat for counter service.

AK - Used to be Tusker House, but now I'd go with Flame Tree - I had a great salad there.

DTD - Wolfgang Puck Express hands down

Happy Eating!

Ditto. Are far as resorts go, the Pepper Market at CSR (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/resorts/peppermarket.asp) is very good.

Off to Never Land
07-15-2008, 10:07 PM
100% hands-down....Cantina de San Angel in Mexico at Epcot. I went for the first time this past May and was so impressed. After I was done eating, and full mind you, I wanted more! If only they would serve this food inside of the San Angel Inn! If you like Mexican food, you will love this counter service!

Disney Maniac
07-15-2008, 10:29 PM
I definitely agree with the above poster!! I can taste the churros now!!:mickey:

Shugoondola
07-15-2008, 10:36 PM
My favorites for CS:

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons
MK - Columbia Harbor House or Cosmic Rays
DHS - Starring Rolls
AK - Flame Tree BBQ

:mickey:

tinkerbell04
07-15-2008, 10:44 PM
I am also going to recommend Wolfgang Puck Express. We have been known to lwave a park and just go here for lunch! We love the pastas, salads, sandwiches and the pizza! I love the tropical frest brewed iced tea and the creme brulee can't be beat for a CS

Young@Heart
07-16-2008, 01:04 AM
We looooove Wolfgang Puck Express! Also, Everything Pop! :thumbsup:

Simba's Mom
07-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Tangerine Cafe at Morocco. I especially love their vegetarian platter, even though I'm not a vegetarian.

MickeyMousse
07-16-2008, 01:34 PM
At MK-Pecos Bills. :thumbsup: We were lucky enough to find this place-never saw it before! Great burgers, chicken and salads. :mickey: It's on our list for places to eat on our next trip. We were all pleasantly surprised.

MickeyChick
07-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Columbia Harbor House is one of my absolute favorites. CD goes waaaay beyond just burgers and dogs now, there are so many awesome options.

Even the burgers are better than they used to be!

DANAM
07-17-2008, 08:43 PM
If your on the dining plan Wolfgang Puck Express can't be missed!!! Also kids get adult meals for there CS so it really makes the DDP worth the money. And everything is awesoem.
We also like:
AK-Flame Tree
MK- Pecos Bills
Epcot- The Land Provillian

Simba'sBud
07-18-2008, 09:29 AM

These are probably going to be your best choices and I would add:

MK...Columbia Harbour House.

Hope this helps!

donnah77
07-18-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm agreeing with many of the posters above here!

MK - Columbia Harbor House and Cosmic Rays.

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons (our #1 fave), also Tangierine Cafe, and we were pleasantly surprised by Lotus Blossom in China

DHS - same problem, haven't found a great one here. But since you are actually hard pressed to find a hot dog in the World these days (which is not a bad thing!), we go to the Backlot Express to get burgers & dogs.

AK - the kids liked Pizzafari

Have fun!

dolphinmickey9170
07-18-2008, 11:03 AM
We really enjoy Cosmic Ray's at MK, they have some great wrap sandwiches.

We also enjoy Flame Tree at AK, the half chicken comes with corn bread and bbq baked beans....so delicious. They also have the ribs, both CS meals which are great deals.

For Epcot....In Mexico, we like the CS nachos and the combo platter, a lot of food!! Also Sunshine Seasons is great too, so many choices so little time.

As for DHS....we usually skip the meal here. We used snack credits at Starring Rolls and got cinnamon buns and chocolate croissants.

22 more days!!:mickey:

AdventurerKim
07-19-2008, 09:47 AM
We love Columbia Harbor House and Pecos Bill's in MK for CS. In Epcot, the Land is the best, but the cafes in China and Japan are great. In DHS, Backlot Express is good for burgers and the Studio Catering that serves Mediterrean food next to HISTA Playset is good too.

EpcotFan182
07-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Sunshine Seasons in the Land at Epcot has some pretty good food. I recommend there :mickey:

andmomlau
07-19-2008, 05:23 PM
I have had the same question myself. We used the DDP last summer and are returning in August and will use it again. We loved the TS meals but had a difficult time using the CS since I have trouble with fast food meals also. Earlier this summer, I saw a post about the CS meals and its seems that Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney got top reviews. Log onto the menu sites and look at the meals there. We have tix for Cirque one night and plan on using a CS meal at Wolfgang Express that night. Good luck!

Giselle
07-20-2008, 06:39 PM
We like Cosmic Rays because we like Sunny Eclipse.

Pizzafari and Flame Tree at AK are good.

Backlot Express at HS.

Japanese at Epcot.:eat:

PittFan
07-20-2008, 09:52 PM
We love Cosmic Ray's @ MK. Great food, large quantities & great selection! :thumbsup:

PrincessTracie
07-21-2008, 07:58 PM
My vote goes to Sunshine Seasons in Epcot! Make sure to try the Strawberry shortcake for dessert!!! SOOO good!!!

Also, as far as CS meals at resorts, we like the food court at Coranado Springs. It has a great variety! (although they kind of lack in customer service)

PittFan
07-21-2008, 08:55 PM
The only CS @ DHS that I've enjoyed were the Cuban Sandwiches @ ABC Commisary. Not much else there. :(

FTDW Poly 08
07-21-2008, 09:18 PM
The Polynesian has Tonga Toast at their cs area and that is an absolute must!

Enjoy your trip:bar:

Isn't Kona a table service meal?