PDA

View Full Version : BWV Refurb

ytzking
07-14-2008, 12:38 AM
On 07/11 I e-Mailed DVC to inquire about refurb schedules at BWI and BWV. The DVC representative responded that the resort was in fact up in the 5 year rotation for refurb.
In response to a follow up E-Mail I was told that the Boardwalk refurb had been completed on 07/01/08, but that they still had, of course, the right to close sections of the resort as needed.
Can anybody confirm that the rooms have been refurbed and if so, how do they look. ( New TVs, Furniture, etc. ):thumbsup:

Figment78
08-28-2008, 03:10 PM
Just "bumping" - would love to know this answer as we will be there in 3 weeks!

LebelJD
08-30-2008, 12:05 PM
I can't find them now, but I think I saw this week (perhaps in a email newsletter from another site?) some pictures of updated rooms at BW - but I'm not sure if it was the Villas or the Inn.

Update: Found them! Unfortunately, it was the Boardwalk Inn. Sorry for the mistake. However, perhaps that means the Villas will be getting the same treatment soon. We are leaving on our next trip on Thanksgiving Day, so I guess I will find out then.

ytzking
09-06-2008, 06:45 PM
To update this post, the BWV has not been refurbed. When I contacted DVC in April or May they told me the villas were getting updates in July. This did not happen. We had a HUGE odor issue:ack: with a 1 BR we were assigned on 08/16. I'll post separately in regards. As for the re-furbs, the mgmt. is now saying Jan. 09. I will tell you that I did get 56 points back for my Sat. night and I was still disappointed with the room we wound up getting.:mad: I'll post fully when I get time.

AHOTE
09-06-2008, 11:34 PM
To update this post, the BWV has not been refurbed. When I contacted DVC in April or May they told me the villas were getting updates in July. This did not happen. We had a HUGE odor issue:ack: with a 1 BR we were assigned on 08/16. I'll post separately in regards. As for the re-furbs, the mgmt. is now saying Jan. 09. I will tell you that I did get 56 points back for my Sat. night and I was still disappointed with the room we wound up getting.:mad: I'll post fully when I get time.

I would like to hear more about the problems you encountered. We're on a wait list for BWV in November, maybe it's not worth our switching? Last year we had a bum experience with SSR, hopefully this year will be better. Let me know when you post it. Thanks