PDA

View Full Version : GF or Poly for Wishes?

why4k
07-14-2008, 12:35 AM
We have an adr for 1900 Park Fare at 7:30 one evening. I thought we would watch Wishes from GF or Poly. Which would you suggest and what area should we watch it from? Also, afterwards, is a cab the best option to get us back to Coronado Springs? Thanks

Wells
07-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Polynesian....hands down.
Watch from the beach, the audio is broadcast on the outdoor speaker system....

Polynesian Dweller
07-14-2008, 09:54 AM
We've done both many times and the view is OK at GF but the Poly beach is considerably better. GF views at the Beach are partially blocked but not at all at the Poly. You can watch them at the GF dock, but again we have found views of the castle to be a bit blocked out. You get the full view and show at the Poly.

There is a marked walkway from GF to the Poly that takes about 15 minutes at a casual pace. Make sure to walk all the way over to the beach near the volcano pool.

faline
07-14-2008, 09:59 AM
I agree. The best view is from the Poly beach area. If you're watching Wishes from that vantage point, you should be able to take a monorail back to the Magic Kingdom after the fireworks are over and catch a bus back to your resort from there.

If Epcot is still open, another option is to monorail to Epcot and take the bus from there.

SBETigg
07-14-2008, 10:21 AM
A lot of people make the mistake of trying to watch the fireworks from the GF beach-- not the best view. The best view at the GF is at the marina, right outside Gasparilla Grill. But the view is still better at the Poly, because you get more of a sweeping view of the fireworks over the horizon with the castle in the middle.

MicMouse
07-14-2008, 12:00 PM
You can also walk to the T&TC from the Poly to catch a bus back to your hotel.

why4k
07-15-2008, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the replies. We will walk over to the Poly. We had a bad experience with MK at closing time on our first trip, so I'm trying to avoid that if possible. How far of a walk is it to the TTC from Poly?

jcmgwdw
07-15-2008, 01:11 AM
Here's another suggestion,

Watch the fireworks at Poly and then head over to Captain Cooks (the quick service food place in poly which, I think, is open 24 hours) and get a dole whip or some snacks and just hang for an hour or so until the park dies down, then take the monorail to MK and grab a bus. It should be a LOT less busy at this time but you should still not wait very long for a bus and not be too inconvenienced.

disneymajik
07-15-2008, 08:23 AM
The walk from the Poly beach to the TTC is about 10-15 mins depending on you fast you walk.