PDA

View Full Version : how do ya'll do it?

busterthebronco
07-13-2008, 11:18 AM
how does everyone make it until their next trip?
we are struggling! :(

VolMickey
07-13-2008, 11:28 AM
We watch videos, talk, read guide books, read/post to ICOT almost daily. It's tough!

Young@Heart
07-13-2008, 12:09 PM
It's very difficult, esp. since I'm way more into Dinsey than the rest of my family. DS's are 12 and 14, and although they're just starting to get the Disney bug again (3 weeks away from our trip), they haven't shown too much excitement in the 8 months I've been planning. DH is very supportive, and gets almost as addicted as me, but it's not continuous. Until a trip is booked, his mind is far from WDW. At least I still have DD 5 to share my Disney dreaming with. :cloud9:

I surround myself w/ Disney collectibles and have fun visiting the Disney store when I can. We watch our favorite movies and enjoy going to see new Disney movies as a family. I also scrapbook, so I get to look at our pics often and have fun w/ all the Disney papers and stickers.

But honestly, the only thing that really keeps me going is knowing when our next trip is. Then, I can start planning right away. :cloud9:

Disneyfun
07-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Now that GoogleEarth is up and running, I tour one of the parks anytime that I want - with NO LINES!
Granted, I'm not really there, nor can I actually go on the rides, but it does give me a bit of a fix!

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Intercot, Intercot and more Intercot (and lots of "pretend planning"...trying out a million different options for our trip.

mouseketeer mom
07-14-2008, 07:19 AM
Planning the next one, and going on Intercot. It's the only thing that works for me!!

Marker
07-14-2008, 08:15 AM
There is no real trick to it, I just go on with life. There's enough to keep me busy here in the "real world" that I don't really have time to dwell on it.

However, having said that, I'm sitting here at my desk this morning listening to Disney Music off of Live365, sitting in a cube with all sorts of Disney stuff on the walls, and a countdown on my compute's desktop that currently says 61 Days, 23 Hours, 59 minuts and 4 seconds.

So while I claim to go on with life, I keep myself surounded by reminders.

Gottaluvgoof
07-14-2008, 10:04 AM
There is no real trick to it, I just go on with life. There's enough to keep me busy here in the "real world" that I don't really have time to dwell on it.

However, having said that, I'm sitting here at my desk this morning listening to Disney Music off of Live365, sitting in a cube with all sorts of Disney stuff on the walls, and a countdown on my compute's desktop that currently says 61 Days, 23 Hours, 59 minuts and 4 seconds.

So while I claim to go on with life, I keep myself surounded by reminders.

I love how you don't dwell on it...:D Isn't 365 great? Anyway, my countdown says 60 days, 20 hours, 0 minutes and 38 seconds. I guess we're going about the same time. Still seems like a long time, but getting more and more anxious these days. Seems the long wait is finally shortening.

Marker
07-14-2008, 11:18 AM
I love how you don't dwell on it...:D Isn't 365 great? Anyway, my countdown says 60 days, 20 hours, 0 minutes and 38 seconds. I guess we're going about the same time. Still seems like a long time, but getting more and more anxious these days. Seems the long wait is finally shortening.

That's just it, I don't have to dwell on it, it's all around me. Even when I'm not thinking about it, I'm still surrounded by "inspiration".

That 61 days is seeming shorter and shorter since I haven't booked my flight yet. Fingers are crossed hoping for something good from Southwest.

We're schedule for Sept 14-21 at POP. Can't wait.

TINKERBELL_82
07-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Spending countless hours researching every little thought or question I may have about WDW combined with lots of time on Intercot...

And driving my DH crazy with all of the planning!:mickey:

pdrlkr
07-14-2008, 07:58 PM
INTERCOT!

Gottaluvgoof
07-14-2008, 08:12 PM
That's just it, I don't have to dwell on it, it's all around me. Even when I'm not thinking about it, I'm still surrounded by "inspiration".

That 61 days is seeming shorter and shorter since I haven't booked my flight yet. Fingers are crossed hoping for something good from Southwest.

We're schedule for Sept 14-21 at POP. Can't wait.

Where will you be flying out from? Blue Springs. Isn't that close to Kansas City? We are going to be at All Star Sports Sept. 13 - 19.

IloveDisney71
07-14-2008, 09:18 PM
I love the anticipation of a Disney trip but this is what I do to keep from going crazy.
1. Intercot
2. Watch planning videos (even after I've made all of my plans)
3. Make and revise plans
4. Watch Disney movies
5. Watch home movies of us at Disney
6. Look at pictures from past trips to Disney
7. Countdown the days

The night before we leave my whole family is the "I'm too excited to sleep" commercial!:mickey:

AdventurelandTikiGirl
07-14-2008, 09:34 PM
--Intercot
--Listening to Park Music
--Listening to Podcasts (don't know if I'm allowed to list my favorite one, so I'll keep it vague)
--Talking to fellow Disney lovers about Disney
--Daydreaming..... :sleepin::cloud9:

Marceline
07-14-2008, 09:56 PM
I spend my time counting my blessings.

Jeniflower
07-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Intercot, various sites, trips to the disney store and a lot of time in my comfy padded cell...... 60 days to go

MadisonvilleMouse239
07-15-2008, 01:07 PM
I watch my planning video alot!! Also starting going to youtube and watching videos that people took on the rides. If I can block out all outside noise.....it's almost like I'm there.

Marker
07-16-2008, 06:56 AM
Where will you be flying out from? Blue Springs. Isn't that close to Kansas City? We are going to be at All Star Sports Sept. 13 - 19.

We will be flying out of Kansas City. Actually, Blue Springs is close to KC, we're only 20 miles from Downtown KC. We're an eastern suburb.

A couple day ago I got home and my daugher was watching a Disney Vacation Planning Video, and not even the current one, it was the "Happiest Celebration on Earth " version. And of course I sat down and watched it with her. I think we're both getting a bit anxious with only 59 days to go.

Stich8818
07-16-2008, 10:36 AM
We are going to North Carolina this year to hit the beach...But it's killing me that I am way far away from the next trip. But while I am on that beach vacation I will have my laptop (intercot,live365) to keep my fix in place while I am still on vacation in another place other then DIsney. But as soon as that vacation is over with. Start planning for that next great Disney trip!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-16-2008, 01:23 PM
:pout: We only get to go every 3 years, so its very, very hard....luckily this is our year and I only have 157 days to go....also, I found this great place to talk Disney since I was driving my family crazy with Disney talk, its called

INTERCOT:grouphug:

Itchy
07-16-2008, 01:41 PM
I watch the count down clock, read Birmbaums Official Guide to DW, Drive the kids crazy talking about disneyworld,

And I guess the worst is I practice packing the car for the trip. ( Not Really )

44 days and counting....Aaaaarg..help I need a disney fix...:mickey:

xipetotec
07-16-2008, 04:00 PM
how does everyone make it until their next trip?
we are struggling! :(

Try obessively checking Intercot and other forums and Podcasts