PDA

View Full Version : Earl of Sandwiches

Bethis26fan
07-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Can you tell me the good, the bad and the ugly about Earl of sandwiches. We are going to try it out this trip and they have so much that looks good.Whats your fave or what's not so hot. Also are they big enough share and what are the kids sandwiches like. Thanks.

J9
07-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Earl of Sandwich is on my top 10 eateries in WDW! I LOVE IT! So hopefully I can shed some light on some things for you:

Bad: Line is usually ridiculously long
Good: Line usually moves ridiculously fast

Bad: It can sometimes be hard to find seating
Good: You're in DTD so just find a bench somewhere! You don't have to sit inside the restaurant!

Good: The tomato soup! Mmmmm...
Bad: If it's the summer time, you probably don't want hot soup.

Good: Sandwiches are HUGE
Bad: You probably will have to throw out an entire half since you can't finish it

As far as the best sandwiches, I myself have only ever had the Caribbean Jerk Chicken and the Mozzarella one (I think it was called Caprese, but I don't remember exactly). Both of them are amazing, but the Caribbean Jerk is my favorite. I always want to try a new one, but then I decide that I like my old standby so much that I just go for that all over again. LOL!

They also have amazing banana smoothies. (They're supposed to be strawberry banana I think, but I'm not a strawberry fan so they make it with just bananas for me). The workers there are so very nice!

This is the one restaurant that NEEDS to move up north. They were supposed to open one in Times Square a while back, but I don't think anything ever came of it... so sad...

busterthebronco
07-13-2008, 11:39 AM
its all good!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

ElenitaB
07-13-2008, 11:44 AM
It's good to know that the line moves fast because that has been the one factor holding us back from eating there (well, that and the fact that Wolfgang Puck Express' siren call is far too strong).

As for them opening up in NYC, I remember that rumor as weel. So I did what anyone else would do... I googled them! ;) Turns out that they have opened a whole bunch of franchises but none here in the Northeast. :(

scoot241
07-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Cannonballs! :thumbsup:

PetefromRI
07-13-2008, 12:33 PM
The bread they use is some of the best I've ever eaten.It's an awesome bargain!

TexasPrincessAurora
07-13-2008, 01:56 PM
There is no bad as far as the food that I've found. My new love is to have the sandwiches made as wraps. I LOVE the Cobb Salad wrap. To die for! Everything there is amazing. I love their Earl Greyer Lemonade tea. You won't want to share you sandwich is the problem, but it's great to get different kinds and split them so you can try more varieties!

AnnieBananie
07-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Gosh, I've loved everything I've ever eaten at Earl. The BLT is great, Cannonball, Car. Jerk Chicken, etc. EVERYTHING!! I really love the soup, I've eaten it many times - even in warmer weather!! My daughter loves the kids grilled cheese with the soup. My husband likes several different sandwiches, too. The one problem my family has with Earl is deciding what we want to eat as we LOVE everything there!!!!!!!!!! Go and enjoy!!!:mickey::mickey:

jonahbear2006
07-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Their sandwiches are a lot like quiznos.I didn't care for the place. I am more of a subway gal and I like my sandwiches bland, not flavorful. The kid's sandwich was big enough for me, I didn't need a reg. size sandwich so I guess their food is a great deal but I won't waste my counter service here. We just didn't care much for their style. I didn't try the smoothies though. We got there right before they closed and everyone in there was incredibly rude to us, but we really were totally unaware that we waited till the last minute.

Pop Centurion
07-13-2008, 03:25 PM
I have to agree that the Jerk Chicken is amazing.

Bethis26fan
07-13-2008, 04:07 PM
I have to agree that the Jerk Chicken is amazing.

Is it really hot? like I like peppers on my nacho and salad and stuff.

J9
07-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Is it really hot? like I like peppers on my nacho and salad and stuff.

I comes hot temperature-wise.

As far as hot spicy-wise, I wouldn't say its really super hot. It does have peppers on it and some sort of creamy spicy sauce. I don't consider it 4-alarm hot, but it does have a little bit of a kick to it.

Now I want one....

Bethis26fan
07-13-2008, 04:42 PM
I comes hot temperature-wise.

As far as hot spicy-wise, I wouldn't say its really super hot. It does have peppers on it and some sort of creamy spicy sauce. I don't consider it 4-alarm hot, but it does have a little bit of a kick to it.

Now I want one....

lol sorry for making you want one. Sounds good to me though.

Pop Centurion
07-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Is it really hot? like I like peppers on my nacho and salad and stuff.To me it's not hot at all. But it really depends on the person. I eat hot stuff all the time so I have a real high tolerance. IMO it's not as hot as the Jalapeno Peppers that come on Nachos.

Polynesian Dweller
07-13-2008, 06:05 PM
The Earl of Sandwich is a must for us. The sandwiches are all very good. They are not a sub but a true sandwich and fabulous.The line is a bit long but it does move quickly.

In case you didn't know, its called Earl of Sandwich because it is actually owned by the real 4th Earl of Sandwich, John Montague. There are now about 7 Earl of Sandwich restaurants in the US.

Deesdisney
07-13-2008, 06:20 PM
When we went in Jan & Feb for a month I ate there for the first, second & third time. I love there wraps. I will be going back Jan. 09. Hopefully.

J9
07-13-2008, 06:21 PM
In case you didn't know, its called Earl of Sandwich because it is actually owned by the real 4th Earl of Sandwich, John Montague.

I didn't know that! That's actually really cool and extremely clever!!!

You learn something new every day!

garthbarth1
07-13-2008, 06:37 PM
This sounds like a great restaurant...I will have to give it a try. Oddly enough, we have one here in Carmel (subburb of Indy). Indiana always seems to be the last to get anything so I am surprised we are one of very few! The sandwiches sound delicious!

d_m_n_n
07-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Along with everyone else, EOS is so yummy! My favorite is still the original. :cloud9: As far as the kids' meals go, they are just as large as the adults. We got each DS their own and they didn't come close to finishing them. DS10 (who can eat half of a Pizza Hut pan pizza) only finished about half!! Next time they will split a meal!

***Hey, garthbarth, where is the EOS in Carmel? I saw it on the site and thought I might make a roadtrip up there to grab one when I get the craving!

Jenemmy
07-14-2008, 11:06 AM
it is worth repeating -- don't let the line turn you away. They are very efficient!

I loved the Caprese (Fresh Mozz, tomatoes and basil vinagrette). My advice would be for everyone in your family to get a different sandwich and then have a little tasting buffet right there at your table :eat:

dlpmikki
07-14-2008, 12:41 PM
I am going to sound a note of caution. I didn't think the sandwiches or salads were nearly as good as they used to be on our last trip. Tried more than once but was disappointed each time. Have to say I think the refitted Pucks now wins hands down.

Nascfan
07-14-2008, 01:12 PM
We ate there for the first time last month. The sandwiches were quite good, and quite large. I do wish they would have put a little more sauce on though, that would be the only "bad" I can think of.

Not only are the sandwiches large enough to share, I recommend it. That way you won't have to worry about throwing food away. We shared 2 sandwiches between the 3 of us for lunch, and it worked out quite well.

bruin1344
07-14-2008, 01:27 PM
awesome sandwiches, best in disney

RAIDER
07-15-2008, 05:05 AM
My favourite is the chicken spinach florentine :cloud9:

mrsgaribaldi
07-15-2008, 05:56 AM
Here's my favorite
The Original 1762 - fresh roasted beef, cheddar and creamy horseradish sauce

:thumbsup:But without the cheese

J9
07-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Here's my favorite
The Original 1762 - fresh roasted beef, cheddar and creamy horseradish sauce

:thumbsup:But without the cheese

That sounds amazing....

I never even remember that on the menu (but it must have been!!!)

Maybe next time I need to take my focus off the Caribbean Jerk! LOL

Jeniflower
07-15-2008, 11:18 AM
i love the Earl of Sandwich. Yes its busy, but service is stunningly fast. I love the roast beef and blue cheese (you really have to like strong cheese). i wish they had one in Scotland :mickey:

Nurse Kim
07-15-2008, 11:23 AM
We are planning to try EOS in March. It sounds like we will be sharing our meals

DizNee143
07-15-2008, 03:16 PM
when i was in disney in nov..i finally made it over there..and OMG that place is amazing!!..
i tried the beef and bleu (roast beef w/bleu cheese)...ok well kinda..i got just the beef..i didnt get cheese on it..and it was amazing..i loved it..and i cant wait to get back there on my honeymoon in a couple of months!!!
and like everyone else said..its one of the only places in all of disney that the line actually moves at an extremely fast pace! :mickey:

NJGIRL
07-15-2008, 03:45 PM
We all enjoyed our lunch there but it is NOT a relaxing place to eat. It is very loud and crowded. Hard to find a seat. I had the Caprese and it was so good. I don't remeber what everyone else had but everyone was happy and full.

I would eat there again if we are in DTD but I wouldn't make a special trip there because it's basically a very good deli.

jordy2028
07-16-2008, 03:03 PM
About Earl of Sandwich, it is wonderful. We at at 11:30 and it held us till 7:00 pm. When we got my DS childs pizza, I thought they got the order wrong but it was rolled up pizza basically. And he ate every bit of it! All 5 of us loved it. A definite stop when visiting DTD!

Bethis26fan
07-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks everyone we are going to go here for lunch/dinner the day we arrive we were thinking of here or planet hollywood and you talked us right in to EOS. I did learn to stop looking at this thread before lunch, because it made me hungry lol. Thanks again everyone.

DANAM
07-17-2008, 08:39 PM
We weren't impressed. I ordered a club sandwich thinking it was going to be your traditional 3 slices of bread sandwich only to be disappointed when I openned the foil. I was very good but it was not a club sandwich.

tinksmom02
07-17-2008, 09:02 PM
I loved the Caprese (Fresh Mozz, tomatoes and basil vinagrette).

That's my favorite, too...DH likes the Scudetto, and DD is partial to the kids' grilled cheese--which I thought was pretty good, too!

morebroccoli
07-17-2008, 09:33 PM
we make a special trip to DD each trip just to eat at earl of sandwich! (and get extra to take back to our resort frig to eat later)

disneyduggan
07-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Love it!

tinkerbell04
07-19-2008, 09:31 PM
We enjoy it here, although not as much as we like Wolfgang Express. I really enjoyed the salads even more then the sandwiches!

Spartan_Jeff
07-19-2008, 10:42 PM
We always eat at EOS when we visit and I usually get a sandwich for the "road" also. I do believe the portions are smaller then when they first opened. Still a must though.

Jul
07-20-2008, 03:53 AM
I lived in Indiana for a while and there was one in Carmel. I had never been to the one in DD. I was so excited when the store in Carmel opened up. (felt like a little piece of Disney in my own back yard! :mickey: ) I was not that impressed with the quality of the food. Mind you, it was good, but not something I would go out of my way to get.

I am back in PA and have been to the world numerous times since and have still yet to go to the one in DD. I much prefer WPE. Maybe EOS is better in Disney?! (must be the water! ;) )

PSU Tim
07-20-2008, 12:34 PM
The original is still my favorite! A side of tomato soup and I'm :cloud9:

comicguy
07-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Beef n Bleu all the way:thumbsup:

The place is busy(real busy) but like others have said the line moves very quick.

There is not enough seating in the rest. but you can always find a bench or low retaining wall to sit on nearn by.

TwingleMom
07-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Last visit I tried the Ultimate Grill cheese OMG :cloud9::cloud9:It had brie,mozz and blue cheese :blush: I have been dreaming of it ever since.

Rhetoric2000
07-24-2008, 07:28 AM
Beef n blue and the Original for me, though the BLT is the best I've ever had.

Roast beef sandwiches = The taste of victory.

MrsAndre
07-24-2008, 04:08 PM
This is our favorite CS in all of WDW. I don't think we ever had anything bad there. The sandwitches are pretty big, and even our picky eaters love it! And the prices aren't outrageous.
I think we've gotten The Full Montegu, Beef n' Bleu, Carribbean Jerk Chicken, Le Frenchy and The Chinese Chicken Salad.
It's all good!