PDA

View Full Version : Austrailia in World showcase

Minnie Imagineer
07-12-2008, 08:58 PM
I think that Austrailia should be added to the world showcase (if disney were to add another country). They could do a lot with the theme. Thoughts?
What country do you think they should add?

MuchLovedMama
07-13-2008, 12:01 PM
My UG states that they are planning on adding a new country & that rumor is that it's an Asia country & I'm taking guesses that it'd be Russia or India. Any other guesses?

J9
07-13-2008, 12:10 PM
My UG states that they are planning on adding a new country & that rumor is that it's an Asia country & I'm taking guesses that it'd be Russia or India. Any other guesses?

I'd put my money on Russia. Not that the other possibilities aren't unique, but I think Russia might have such distinct architecture (like the Kremlin) that would make it a really distinct and recognizable addition to WS. Plus wasn't Russia being considered as an original country? Or maybe instead of Morocco or Norway? I remember reading something about that way back when.

Honestly, i can't think of any buildings or architecture that would make me think "that's australia or that must be india!" (Unless you count the Sydney Opera House, but I just don't see them adding any other structures to the lagoon.)

DNS
07-13-2008, 12:31 PM
I would absolutely love to see Australia added to WS. It would be my first pick by far. I think it would also be a good addition to AK as another land there.

SBETigg
07-13-2008, 12:55 PM
I think Australia would be a great choice as an addition to the AK. I don't think there are any new additions slated for the World Showcase any time soon, but I've always thought Greece would be a nice fit. It gives the opportunity to provide a myth-based ride, a character meet-greet area for Hercules, Meg, and Hades, and good food. Gyros as a CS choice? Yum!

johnO
07-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Australia or Greece would probably both be great choices.

J9
07-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Greece would be awesome too! I'd love to see the Hercules characters come back!

Sharon1026
07-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Russia would be great. I am all for a very cold Siberia room at Epcot in the middle of July!

Imagineer1981
07-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Russia, Greece, Australia, all great options.

EmmMOM2
07-14-2008, 06:30 PM
I'd love to get a glimpse of Australia.....it would be much better then having to endure an seemingly endless plane ride to go see the real thing!! ;)

SFTrny
07-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Australia is a great choice! I also think that Russia is good as well. I'd love to see something from the middle east. Iraq / Iran / Suadia Arabia... I know this is sketchy, but the magic of Disney can help us bridge that gap. It would be a great place for us to learn about that region.

thumperbug
07-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Greece and Russia would be great ideas. As much as I love World Showcase, I do feel we need some new culture added. I think Spain would be a great addition as well.

Gator
07-14-2008, 07:38 PM
I doubt Disney would take a chance on Russia - especially with all the sabre-rattling going on right now. And they are still considered a hostile regime', though things are better.

I would love to see Egypt be built. If Disney can build an Eifel Tower, then they can build a pyramid and a sphinx. As long as they don't make it look like Las Vegas.:D

dnickels
07-14-2008, 07:43 PM
I love the Russia, Greece and Egypt ideas more than Australia. There would be some great architecture they could include with those and it would be something different. Australia is great, but it's about as close to the U.S. as another country can get (which explains why so many of us like visiting Australia).

jszczur5
07-14-2008, 07:57 PM
I sort of remember this topic from earlier in the year. I voted for Greece, as did a lot of other people - notwithstanding the fact that Disney will inevitably cheapen it with a Hercules tie-in. Can anyone say three caballeros? Or is it amigos? Who cares - unnecessary either way.

trennedy
07-14-2008, 10:10 PM
I went to college in Australia and would LOVE for it to be added. You could have the Sydney Opera House or the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I'd love to try their fish n chips!

ParkMan
07-14-2008, 10:19 PM
I'd love to see a new pavilion or two. I think it would be great to see India show up - perhaps a Taj Mahal or Red Fort motif. There are so many iconic things about India. There's also a nice Jungle Book tie in. Indian food is quite popular as well. There's so much investment in India right now it might not even be too difficult to find a pavilion sponsor

A country from Africa would be another great choice. While Africa is represented in AK, I'd like to see an Africa country show up in Epcot.

If they went back to Europe, Greece, Russia, or even Spain would be fun choices.

RAIDER
07-15-2008, 04:45 AM
Australia and NZ would be brilliant .I think WS needs that corner of that world which will be diverse :thumbsup:

bruin1344
07-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Australia or Greece would probably both be great choices.

I agree with this post, greece has great cuisine

KAJUNKING
07-15-2008, 01:50 PM
i think i would like spain or egypt, but any addition would be nice

Taja
07-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Ummmmmm....my last cultural geography class was a loooooonnnngg time ago, but...

Aren't Australia and New Zealand part of the UK? Which already is represented in WS?

I could be wrong. As I said, it was a loooooonnnng time ago! *LOL*

disneymom2000
07-15-2008, 08:17 PM
I made a suggestion for Australia after I came back from the Millenium Celebration. There is so much they can do with Australia besides awesome food and the different activities that Australia offers. :beer:

hardingella
07-16-2008, 08:38 AM
i think India would be great. I can just imagine sitting outsidea the Taj Mahal eating a authentic Indian curry, watching traditional Indian dancers. Their costumes are so colourful and beautiful, and the chances of me going to India are zero.

As for Australia and New Zealand being part of the UK, dont let them hear you say that. The Ausies still have the Queen as thier queen but thats all. They are very independant from the UK.

Minnie Imagineer
07-16-2008, 09:39 AM
I feel like India would be next on the list because disney is releasing the disney channel movie Cheetah Girls 3: One World, and it takes place in India. It would just be extra motivation to add India...but I wouldn't like it..I don't like Indian food

JerseyDad
07-17-2008, 01:48 PM
.....lotsa' great suggestions here.

.....I am leaning toward either Russia or Greece. Each one could be depicted with some pretty exciting architectural pavillion...perhaps Greece using a mix of both ancient / classical and more modern themes....and Russia could be themed on the classic architecture found around the Kremlin. Each would have endless possibilites for food offerings.....with maybe even a Vodka Bar in Russia.

...and from a cultural offerings viewpoint...few civilizations have had a greater impact and influence on the world than Greece has had.

disney07
07-17-2008, 11:35 PM
India would be a great choice. There is the obvious Jungle Book tiein. The icon building could be a replica Taj Mahal & the food is very unique from everything currently offered in the showcase.