PDA

View Full Version : Yuletide Fantasy Tour- worth it?

roryjulie
07-12-2008, 08:49 PM
We will be going to WDW Dec 6-9 to do a Holiday trip. We are staying at the GF (mostly bc of convenience for the short trip) and planning to do all the holiday musts. We are undecided on the Yuletide Fantasy tour. Has anyone done this? Is it a worthwhile investment of time and money or is it better to just do the holiday sights on your own? Any insight appreciated.:santa::menorah::deer:

danicafan
07-12-2008, 10:50 PM
I haven't done it but have always wanted too! It seems like I never have enough time to fit it into our trip.

Hope someone replies who has done the tour, I would love to hear about it. Maybe next year since I wont be going in December this year since I will be there in January for my 40th birthday! It will be nice seeing the parks again without the holiday decorations.

mrp4352
07-13-2008, 12:18 AM
We loved it!! One thing - it's not so much a tour of how the decorations are put out at WDW, but more about how America came to celebrate Christmas the way we do. They take you back into the world showcase and talk about traditions that came from other countries. For MGM, they talk about the roll movies have played in our "ideal" Christmas scenes.

And, of course, the backstage area where they work on Christmas year-round is very, very cool!