PDA

View Full Version : DDP question?

Deesdisney
07-12-2008, 06:35 PM
I have a question that probably has already been asked and answered. But I could not find it. I have been buying tickets at the Disney store here. But I was wondering if I could add the DDP to our room res.? We are going to hopefully use my moms points at another timeshare for WDW. Has anybody heard of what is going to happen next year on the DDP? Thank you very much.

gerald72
07-12-2008, 09:20 PM
I don't believe you can.
You have to purchase at least one day with your room package to get the dining plan.
Unless someone else comes along to prove me wrong.

wendy*darling
07-12-2008, 09:27 PM
If you are paying cash for your room, then you do have to get the Magic Your Way package- so a minimum of a one day basic pass for each person on the reservation in order to purchase the DDP. You cannot buy the DDP if you do not have the package.

However, I am not sure of the rules if you are trading into DVC.
As a DVC Member, we are allowed to add the DDP (not ticket requirements). But it must be reserved in advance. You cannot add it at check-in.

What I do not know about is when you are not actually using DVC points, but trading in through another timeshare (which is very difficult to do, by the way). You will have to ask that question of DVC- or the other timeshare- at the time the reservation is made.