PDA

View Full Version : plain talk on park tickets

mel
07-12-2008, 06:18 PM
We have two days left on our myw tickets from 3 years ago. How much will a 2 day park upgrade cost? I had a park hopping with no expiration water park preium ticket.

DizneyRox
07-12-2008, 09:05 PM
How many days originally?

Actually, axe that, after re-reading your question, you can't upgrade tickets after 14 days. So, it would probably be cheaper to buy new two day tickets. I think you can get credit for those two remaining days towards the purchase of a new ticket though. If I'm not sure, it would be original cost of tickets divided by the number of days you had on them. There MAY be an allowance for no expiration and any unused wate park options, etc, that I'm not sure about.

gerald72
07-12-2008, 09:17 PM
We have two days left on our myw tickets from 3 years ago. How much will a 2 day park upgrade cost? I had a park hopping with no expiration water park preium ticket.

What do you want to get it upgraded to? You already have the park hopper and water park option.

CleveRocks
07-13-2008, 12:09 AM

DizneyRox is 100% correct. No matter what, once a ticket is past 14 days from first use, it can't be upgraded or added to in any way.

You have the option of using the tickets as-is, and then buying additional tickets, OR you can get cash credit (that is, the exact amount you paid for it, whenever it was you paid for it) towards the purchase of a new ticket.

brownie
07-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Why upgrade? Just buy new tickets for the remaining days on your trip.

DizneyRox
07-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Because of the current pricing structure on the tickets, it MAY actually be cheaper to get a 4 day pass using the credit for older passes than to get a two day pass outright.

The more days you add to a ticket, the cheaper extra days become. It all really depends on the value of the old tickets.

For example... A 4 day ticket costs $225. A two day ticket costs $148. Now, if the value of those two days is $50 a day, then it would be cheaper to get a 4 day ticket ($225 - $100 = $125) than just get a 2 day pass ($148). You need to find out the value of the unused days in order to make a better decision.

mel
07-13-2008, 10:28 PM
quote....For example... A 4 day ticket costs $225. A two day ticket costs $148. Now, if the value of those two days is $50 a day, then it would be cheaper to get a 4 day ticket ($225 - $100 = $125) than just get a 2 day pass ($148). You need to find out the value of the unused days in order to make a better decision.

Disney Rox,
I think you right. I thought the very same thing. The question is where do you go to redeem the tickets.. ticket booth or resort??

DizneyRox
07-13-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm pretty sure it's Guest Relations... I don't know if the normal ticket purchasing locations can do upgrades. If they can, then you're in luck. I deal with Annual Passes most of the time, so I always just go to Guest Relations.