PDA

View Full Version : Tassimo Coffee Maker

caryrae
07-12-2008, 08:10 AM
Or I guess they call it a "Hot Beverage System". Has anyone used this machine before, how did/do you like it? I have been using the Home Cafe machine for a while but it gets hard to find the coffee pods for it anymore very limited flavors, unless I buy online. I have been looking at the Tassimo, it is a little pricey but I would use it everyday:mcoffee: and I like the coffee brands you can get for it, 4 Starbuck's flavors, Seattles Best and many others. You can also get Hot Chocolate, Tea and Expresso disc's and with the expresso you can use the foaming milk creamer discs to make a latte or cappuccino.:coffee:

TexasPrincessAurora
07-12-2008, 10:20 AM
I have had a Tassimo for almost 2 years and still use it almost every day. I LOVE it! I had a Home Cafe system before too and the Tassimo is leaps and bounds better than the Home Cafe. I love that the cleanup is virtually non existent. I love the HUGE selection of beverages that are available. The home shipment of them is too easy. It's quick, it's quieter than Home Cafe, the cleanup is easier, the choices are better, the taste is better. You won't be disappointed!

MsMin
07-12-2008, 11:18 AM
I have the kuerig single cup. I received it as a gift.
It sounds like it's pretty close to the Tassimo but I don't know about the lattes. They are very addicting b/c they are so easy. Sounds great to me.... :thumbsup:

CrknJac
07-12-2008, 12:32 PM
We've had ours for over 2 years and love it. If you have a Bed, Bath and Beyond near you, they sell the t-discs and you can use their coupons, so it helps with the price. Also, Target sells the t-discs at a fairly decent price. I'm partial to the Gevalia & Maxwell House coffee, but we use it to make EVERYTHING (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, lattes,cappuccino)

caryrae
07-12-2008, 12:33 PM
I have had a Tassimo for almost 2 years and still use it almost every day. I LOVE it! I had a Home Cafe system before too and the Tassimo is leaps and bounds better than the Home Cafe. I love that the cleanup is virtually non existent. I love the HUGE selection of beverages that are available. The home shipment of them is too easy. It's quick, it's quieter than Home Cafe, the cleanup is easier, the choices are better, the taste is better. You won't be disappointed!

Thanks you, That has been what I have been hearing from reviews from other sites. What do mean by almost no clean up? Another cool feature with the Tassimo is the barcode on each disc and the machine reads the barcode and automatically adjusts the amount of water and the temp for each coffee, tea or hot cocoa disc.

I have the kuerig single cup. I received it as a gift.
It sounds like it's pretty close to the Tassimo but I don't know about the lattes. They are very addicting b/c they are so easy. Sounds great to me.... :thumbsup:

The Kuerig was the other one I was looking at to, yeah I think they pretty close to the same. I just like the Tassimo because it has Starbucks coffee disc's. Now I don't know the Kuerig has Caribou coffee and alot more coffee and tea available and you can get the reusable filter to use any ground coffee.

DizneyRox
07-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Ever tried a Bialetti Brikka?

Man, probably the best purchase I've ever made with regards to coffee. It's a basic espresso maker, you do the rest, but for a stove top espresso maker, I'm not sure it can be beat. Have had mine going on like 3 years and it gets better every cup I make it seems! Cost? $49.00

I use any coffee I want, any amount of liquid, etc.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-13-2008, 01:34 AM
We had one of these at work. I don't drink coffee but used it for the hot chocolate and it was great. Very easy to use.

TexasPrincessAurora
07-13-2008, 10:41 AM
By almost no cleanup...every once in a while you have to wipe down the area where the pods go and pop out the section where the cups sit to wash out. But its so much less cleanup and work than a regular coffee pot by far!

mjaclyn
07-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Our Tassimo was horrible. I ended up selling it at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago. The machine never made anything right and the specialty drinks (like lattes and espresso) didn't taste good at ALL. Maybe we just got a clunker of a machine but if I were you I'd check out the other ones available out there as well. My office had a Keurig which worked really well. I had coffee and hot chocolate from it and it always worked really well. The Tassimo is also really really loud.

caryrae
07-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Our Tassimo was horrible. I ended up selling it at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago. The machine never made anything right and the specialty drinks (like lattes and espresso) didn't taste good at ALL. Maybe we just got a clunker of a machine but if I were you I'd check out the other ones available out there as well. My office had a Keurig which worked really well. I had coffee and hot chocolate from it and it always worked really well. The Tassimo is also really really loud.

It's tough to decide, I have heard mostly good about the Tassimo and Keurig machines and a few bad reviews but at the places I looked online the reviews for both were pretty good like 4 out of 5 stars. On amazon.com out of 54 reviews 43 were 4 of 5 stars and up for the Tassimo and the Keurig had out of 354 reviews 308 were 4 of 5 stars and up. I guess I may just have to look at stores around me and see who as the most coffee kups/discs so I don't have to order online all the time.

DreaminofDisney24
07-14-2008, 04:19 PM
We love our Tassimo! And we have a great customer service story. Ours starting acting up after 2 years and stopped working. We called customer service, and after they had as run a few diagonstics, they decided we needed a new one. They not only sent us a box with postage included to send it back to them, but they sent us back a brand new one for free! We were highly impressed with this service, and are now enjoying our brand new one!:thumbsup:

caryrae
07-14-2008, 04:30 PM
We love our Tassimo! And we have a great customer service story. Ours starting acting up after 2 years and stopped working. We called customer service, and after they had as run a few diagonstics, they decided we needed a new one. They not only sent us a box with postage included to send it back to them, but they sent us back a brand new one for free! We were highly impressed with this service, and are now enjoying our brand new one!:thumbsup:

Yeah I just read in a tassimo forum that they did that for someone there to. They had their's for a year and a half and they ended up getting a brand new one too. I picked mine up today along with the Starbuck's house blend and the Maxwell House latte pack and both were good, I really liked the latte one the best so far.