PDA

View Full Version : Another Fast Pass Question

mattandmandy
07-11-2008, 10:06 PM
A few years ago my DH and I met up with some relatives that were vacationing at Disney too. We actually met for dinner at the end of the day and he mentioned that he showed the Castmember his business card (he works in law enforcement) and they let him in the Fastpass line without a Fastpass. He was telling his brother-in-law to use his business card the next day instead of waiting for the time neccessary to get another Fastpass. I didn't question him but always wondered about that. I'm sure he wasn't lying but maybe there was some other reasons they would let him in all the Fastpass lines with just giving a business card??

gerald72
07-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Aren't business cards for handing out to other people?
So, everyone who picks up a business card at Sam's Safety and Security in Sacramento can have a free fastpass?

WDWdriver
07-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Nope. A business card, law enforcement or otherwise, doesn't get you any special privileges. The CM may have been doing it as a favor, in which case he was risking his job.

Young@Heart
07-12-2008, 01:46 AM
I can't imagine that would work at any of the parks now. It must have been a fluke. :confused:

dephenn
07-12-2008, 06:56 AM
That just doesn't sound right. It sounds more like a setup. Anyone could make some business cards on their home computer that makes them anything they want to be. Did he flash a badge along with the business card witch would also make it arrogant and wrong and discouraged by many if not all law enforcement departments. If this is true then I am embarrassed to share the same profession with an officer that would look for special treatment because of his or her profession. I know when I went through my academy it was drilled into us not to pull the good old boy master badge to try and get something for free. I remember during the academy they had someone from the human resource department come in and go over all of our benefits, skipping lines at Disney was never mentioned. I hope that he was only setting your husband up for the walk off shame when he tries this and gets turned away.

mattandmandy
07-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Actually he was not talking to my husband or I which is why I didn't ask him more about it. It was something I overheard him talking to his family about. Unfortunately, its a part of my family that we have only seen maybe twice since that happened but it just came to mind tonight when I posted the message. I'm not sure what the situation was but maybe next time I see him I'll ask.