PDA

View Full Version : keys to the kingdom tour

disneychick62
07-11-2008, 06:09 PM
anyone ever done it? i booked it for my daughter and i in november. whats for lunch? how long is this tour? is it worth the money?

Seasonscraps
07-11-2008, 06:43 PM
We took it a couple of years ago -- it was absolutely worth the price. I think it was about 5 hours long. Lunch was at Columbia Harbor House - you pre-ordered before the tour started. I think the choices were sandwiches, salads, and chicken fingers.

jefmblrd
07-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Just going backstage and into the Utilidors made it worth the money for us! We loved it.

sillyolbear
07-12-2008, 12:12 PM
First, Welcome to Intercot!

I've done the Keys to the Kingdom tour a couple of times and found it very worth the money. As already posted, lunch is at Columbia Harbor House. You order your lunch when you check in for the tour and it is waiting for you in a reserved section upstairs at the restaurant.

The tour is informative and does give you a glimpse of the inner workings of the park. Just be prepared for a long time on your feet and enjoy.

Nut4DW
07-12-2008, 01:09 PM
I booked this tour for my hubby and I for our trip this December. The cast member who helped me was very informative about the tour. One thing she told me was that even though cameras are not permitted, you can take your camera with you if you have a fanny pack and it is small enough to fit inside. She said that at the end of the tour I would definately be glad I had it. Thought you might want to know.....

VolMickey
07-12-2008, 01:12 PM
I want to do this one day. DD is 10, so not eligible to do it yet. Plus, don't want to ruin the magic for her anyway even if she could do it.

When in high school, my high school band (ME <-- band geek) marched in one of the many Tencennial Parades in MK. I'm still scarred for life after seeing Mickey with "his" head off -- Mickey was a girl CM. :secret:

EmmMOM2
07-12-2008, 03:16 PM
I cant wait to do this tour someday with my DH. But i guess we'll have to wait until our Kids are older, as we dont like leaving them with sitters.

It looks SOO neat.

Personally, i'd like to take ALL the tours they offer. I can't get enough Disney!!

Magic Smiles
07-12-2008, 10:33 PM
We were finally able to do this tour this past trip in May as DS turned 16 in Feb. It was AMAZING! Our guide, I think his name was Mark, was unbelievable. Personally I think he should write a book as he was so full of information. My DS even though he was 16 was afraid that it would take away some of the magic, ie seeing the characters without their heads, but we only saw Woody and Jesse headless and he was fine with that. Not sure if seeing Mickey as a girl would have been just as fine though. I would definitely highly recommend this tour. My only regret was that the tour was too short!

Crow
07-13-2008, 02:57 AM
now Im thinking if this is the tour i should take in Sept

angel8783
07-13-2008, 07:01 PM
I took this tour last October (2007) and I really liked it. Our guide was good, although probably not the best. She did really love her job though. It had just gotten really hot that day and at the end we were all cranky because you DO NOT really get to sit down except for lunch (which is at Columbia Harbor House like everyone else said).

This is just out of personal experience, but the only thing that wasn't good for me was that we took my mother-in-law who hadn't been to Disney World before. She was generally whiny about most aspects of the trip (like waking up early and no extended breaks), so her attitude kind if made me not like the tour as much as I thought I would. Make sure everyone is on board with it because the last thing you want to do is feel guilty you took someone who had no interest in going when the tour is clearly for people who really love the Magic Kingdom!

Faver
07-13-2008, 08:30 PM
:welcome: disneychick62

I'm new Intercot too... isn't it great?

Anyway, for my trip in December, I've booked Keys to the Kingdom tour as well, for DH and I.

I'm really looking forward to it:cloud9:

TINKERBELL_82
07-13-2008, 08:34 PM
anyone ever done it? i booked it for my daughter and i in november. whats for lunch? how long is this tour? is it worth the money?

:cheer: Welcome to Intercot!!! :cheer:

I've never been on the tour but have always wanted to try it to!:mickey:

Friend of Figment
07-13-2008, 09:21 PM
Your post inspired me to book this for our August trip. Were going to go on our last day and follow it up with tea at the GF. I think it will make for a fun final day.

Thanks for the good idea!

pianobabe
07-13-2008, 10:39 PM
We are doing Keys in September. It is a tour we (DH and I) have both been wanting to do. I am excited to get to finally do it.

P.S. We were able to get a 20% discount by using our Disney Visa. I did have to ask for it though.

Imagineer1981
07-14-2008, 06:03 PM
never done the tour, but the Utilidor is worth seeing, if you are a Disney nut

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-14-2008, 08:41 PM
It's an amazing tour that I enjoyed very much so. Granted I work there, but I just liked hearing all the cheesy inspirational parts the tour guide added for us.

I highly recommend it for anyone who loves Disney and would like to see a bit of magic that you don't normally see.

Shugoondola
07-14-2008, 09:17 PM
I took this tour a few years ago and really enjoyed it. It was about a 5 hour tour and involved a lot of walking. Our guide, Rae, was really great. I enjoyed the tour so much that 5 hours didn't seem long enough. :thumbsup:

I would even want to do it again.

:mickey:

WonderlandsMostWanted
07-14-2008, 11:23 PM
My BF and I are taking this for the first time in December too! We're also doing a Disney Cruise for the first time ever, but to tell you the truth, somehow, I'm looking forward to the tour more! :blush::secret:

I can't wait!

WDWHart
07-15-2008, 01:02 AM
The DW an I have done it twice once together and once each with a family member. We all loved it and it is well worth the money.:mickey:

Be sure to ask all the questions you can and when you are behind the set ask all the secrect you've been dying to know. They can't tell you all of them, but they will tell what they can!:thumbsup:

jcmgwdw
07-15-2008, 01:05 AM
My brothers and I went on this tour a few years ago and it was definitely the best investment of time and money you could make on a trip to Disney if you're interested in how the magic works.

I love walking through Magic Kingdom now with my friends/parents and telling them facts and things that I learned from the tour-- you learn SO much and see SO much in the short amount of time you're on the tour. It's really an amazing experience and I would totally do it again/recommend it to anyone who is interested in Disney Magic!