PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Job Pixie Dust!!!!

J9
07-11-2008, 03:29 PM
I found the perfect job!!!

I eventually want to be a judge and I found a position as a law clerk in a neighboring county with a judge in the field I want!

I've already got my application all ready, and I'm just waiting to hear back from some of my professors for their permission to include them as references.

I know its a long shot since I'm just out of law school (and haven't passed the bar yet, but I am studying my sorry little bum off!), but it is the perfect job for me! All of my experience is in this field, my writing sample was also for this particular field, AND I won a graduation award in it. I even worked as an intern for one of her co-worker judges my first year. It really is completely perfect.

I'm hoping the judge decides my resume and recommendations are good enough to consider me for an interview.

Please send pixie dust that (a) my professors get back to me soon so I can send my application to the judge and (b) that the judge wants me!!!!!!

RalsFam
07-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Good luck.

gauvin4
07-11-2008, 03:55 PM
:pixie: :pixie: I hope you get the interview and the job.

disneymom15
07-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Good luck, I hope you get the position.

RedSoxFan
07-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Good Luck.

Disneyatic
07-11-2008, 05:55 PM
:pixie: Coming your way!

It sounds like you have a lot of things to recommend you on your resume, so that's a good start!

Good luck!! :pixie:

beksy
07-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Good luck on both the job and the bar! I'm just starting the process...first day of law school is August 18 so I can understand your nervousness but it sounds like you'll do great! :thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
07-12-2008, 04:39 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: good luck:mickey:

pianobabe
07-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Good luck. I hope it goes well. When it comes to the Bar, just relax, take a deep breath and focus.

J9
07-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Good luck. I hope it goes well. When it comes to the Bar, just relax, take a deep breath and focus.

LOL! That's what everyone keeps telling me, and I try, but I'm such a perfectionist spaz that I just can't!!!

I'm doing way above average on the multiple choice part, but essays are just killing me! I get so overwhelmed with all of the additional subjects (the two states I'm taking add like 8 more subjects that are HARD!)

Sometimes it's hard for me to grasp that on the exam I just need to be average. LOL! There's only two weeks left before showtime though...ack!!!

Thanks for all the job pixie dust too! So far I've heard back from 4 of my references and they said they would love to write a glowing review for me. I'm still waiting on two, and although I know 6 references are a lot, I want to make sure that the judge can get a good picture of me from the bosses, professors, and people that know me best. If I don't hear from them by wednesday, I'm taking them off the list and sending it in!!! wish me luck!!!

crazypoohbear
07-13-2008, 09:19 PM
:cheer::cheer:Good Luck in the job quest and the bar exam.:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

I can't offer you any help on the bar because I never passed a bar.... I always went in :rolleyes::bolt:

Young@Heart
07-14-2008, 01:53 AM
Best of luck to you!

J9
08-07-2008, 09:17 PM
I got an interview for my perfect job today!!!

Unfortunately it falls exactly when I'm on vacation and they wouldn't schedule me for when i came back because the job may not be open at that time.

So.....my dad found me a roundtrip flight for fairly cheap so I can come home for the interview and come right back to vacation. (We're going for two weeks and the interview falls on the end of week one, so I would miss half my vacation otherwise...after the hell of my summer this is simply not an option). So this way I'll be $300 in the hole, but I'll only be out 2 days of vacation!!!

So wish me luck on my perfect job interview!!!

Flower
08-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Congrats on getting the interview and so sorry it falls within your vacation - but at least you have the flights in line and can make the interview!

:pixie:

J9
08-30-2008, 07:12 PM
Well, I went on the interview 2 weeks ago and I thought it went really well. The judge said it was the most fun she's ever had on an interview.

Today I got a form letter saying that I did not receive the job. The judge handwrote a note, however, saying that I was the 1st runner up.

I wish the winner hadn't applied because then the job would have been mine!

Oh, well. Que sera sera. At least i get to travel in my temp job now. And who knows? Maybe the winner won't take the job and the judge will offer it to me! I'm writing her a thank you note saying that I appreciated meeting her. So we'll see.

WDWFanatic
08-30-2008, 08:45 PM
You have a great attitude! And you never know, if the job is meant to be yours it WILL! Or something better will come along...just wait.

Hope you also enjoyed your vacation.

pianobabe
08-30-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm sorry you didn't get the job. First runner up isn't all that bad. I was first runner up one time for a job (before I became a nurse). When the person who got the job failed their drug test, the job was mine. Sometimes things have a funny way of working out.