PDA

View Full Version : Any spare Pixie Dust? Got laid off today...

Disneyatic
07-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Hi Everyone,
I got laid off this morning. I am doing okay, a bit in shock. My company has been having issues for awhile and it was down to just 2 of us in the office, so now it's just my boss (she might need more pixie dust than me!)

DH and I have been trying to decide when the time was right for me to quit working and go to school full time to finish my degree in education, so I think that the decision was just made for us :thedolls:

Any pixie dust you could spare would help! Now comes the hard part of planning out how we are going to make everything work.

The only really disheartening thing about this is that it puts our Disney trip in December in severe jeopardy. I am betting we will have to cancel but I am not ready to admit that yet. :(

Thanks everyone!

MMouse6937
07-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Liz sorry to hear about your job :pixie: for you. I hope that it turns out to be the right thing for you and you can go back to school. I sure hope you don't have to cancel your December trip, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Take care!

Kairi_7378
07-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Sending Pixie Dust and a hug. I'm sorry that you are going through this.

I got laid off in April and I needed a few days to recover from the shock. After that, my husband and I were able to decide how to cope with things. Take a little time for yourself and things will be a lot easier to deal with. Best wishes to you.

Lynn J Mc
07-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Sorry about your job. Good luck on your decision about your education. I hope you don't have to cancel your trip. I was recently cut back to 4 days a week but I am still employed and thankful for it. Best Wishes coming your way.

Bethis26fan
07-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Sorry about your job, and trip. Here's some pixie dust for you.:pixie:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Sounds like you have a really good backup plan, so good luck:pixie:

wdwgrl377
07-11-2008, 02:11 PM
I am so sorry to hear about this. My mom just got laid off herself this past week and I've also been in that boat myself.

Sending :pixie: your way for all things to work out for your good! ;)

RedSoxFan
07-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Liz: So sorry to hear about your job. I hope things work out well for you with whatever you decide.

gauvin4
07-11-2008, 02:41 PM
:pixie: :pixie: Sorry to hear about your job. Try to remember that when one door closes, another one opens.

SBETigg
07-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Oh, Liz, I'm sorry. Best wishes with making a new start. :pixie:

beksy
07-11-2008, 10:53 PM
I'm so sorry about you job. Hopefully it will turn out for the best and you will come up with the perfect plan to continue your education. I agree with the above sentiment about opening a window...now you just need to look for it! Good luck and best wishes that good things will come (including the December trip!).

mrsgaribaldi
07-12-2008, 04:37 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way.

Young@Heart
07-12-2008, 10:22 PM
:pixie: Good luck with everything. I can relate to what you're going through, and looking back, I think getting laid off was one of the best things that happened to me.

Disneyatic
07-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Thank you so much to everyone for the support and good wishes.

I think this will be a positive thing because it will allow me to finish my degree even faster!

We are going to have to cancel our December trip, but we'll go again soon (as soon as I get my degree!).
It stinks having to cancel, but we've been twice already and that's more than some people get, so we are trying to look at the bright side.