PDA

View Full Version : Sets on the Backlot tour

disneycutie165
07-11-2008, 01:11 PM
I have not ridden Backlot since I was 4, and I don't remember a single thing. I need to refresh my memory. Could someone help me?

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-11-2008, 01:15 PM
You stand and watch about a 5 minute demonstration on how a scene might be filmed (they pick people from the audience for this) and then you board a tram-that has about 7 or 8 rows/depending on where you are you might get wet in one area....without spoiling it, there is one part where there is a "fire and then a bridge washing away" but its not really too scary for small children.

brewcrew26
07-11-2008, 02:56 PM
The Backlot Tour has changed a lot.

You don't go by the Golden Girls houses anymore. You do look at the special effects demonstration with an intro by Michael Bay (whoever directed Pearl Harbor). Then, you wind through past some props but its such a quick line you can't tell what you're really seeing unless you hold up the line.

Then, you board the trams. Go into the wardrobe area -- you get to see some stuff from HSM and POTC. Then, past a few random props from Pirates movies, Flight of the Navigator, a Heath Ledger movie, and Walt Disney's plane.

That's pretty much it. It's not like it used to be. I was really disappointed at the changes they had to make in order to make room for LMA!

Goes4FastPass
07-11-2008, 03:02 PM
I wish they'd figure out a way to rotate sets and props in thsi attraction.

Obviously, the Golden Girls house is no attraction now but they should have continually updated the attraction - not just shortened it.