PDA

View Full Version : Nighttime at Disney

WriteDisney
07-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Today is my birthday, so I wanted to start a fun thread to read while I'm at work! And nighttime at Disney is just awesome!

Isn't there something just a little extra magical about it? What's your favorite nighttime attraction to do at night? This could include rides, parades, etc.

Personally I love walking around the world showcase at night! It's so relaxing to hear the music and look at the lights.. I just love it :thumbsup:

And doing Splash Mt at night is always fun!

BritCody
07-11-2008, 09:32 AM
First, Happy Birthday!!!!

For me it is watching Spectro Magic come down Main Street. There is just something special about that for me. I do like Splash Mountain at night especially looking out over the MK at the top of the last hill before the big drop.

disneymom15
07-11-2008, 09:57 AM
I like riding the TTA in MK at night. The castle is so pretty at night, especially when it changes colors. Last X-mas with all the icicle lites was awsome. I also like riding Test Track and Big Thunder Mountain.

ISLE39
07-11-2008, 09:58 AM
i love to do tower of terror at night because when your falling at the top and you have that quick second to see all of dhs you see all the lights like its hollywood.

i also love spectromagic and lookign at the castle all lit up. last time i saw the castle was in dec when it was all decked out in ice. :mickey:

Von-Drake
07-11-2008, 10:17 AM
I always enjoy walking in Tomorrowland when it is night time, Adventureland is a close second. I bet the Tower of Terror is awesome to do at night, guess I have to add that one to my list. :thumbsup:

goofy89
07-11-2008, 10:23 AM
My favorite thing to do at night is to walk around Tomorrowland and take a ride on the TTA. :cloud9:

Rich Mc
07-11-2008, 10:25 AM
I have to say Splash MTN is our favorite at night, next is Thunder MTN.

Imagineer1981
07-11-2008, 10:43 AM
my favorite was tomorrowland at night after all the guest had left. The area was empty but all the lights and music were still going. It was like it was all for me and I just soaked it all in, the lights, colors, sounds....I miss that

laprana
07-11-2008, 10:51 AM
First off...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :party2::wishes::wave: Hope you have a great day!

I also really love WDW at night! It just has a whole different feel! One of my favorite attractions to ride at night is EE (whenever AK is open late enough!) Makes it so much more mysterious! :blush: I also really love walking around Tomorrowland in MK and riding the TTA.

While it's not really an attraction in itself, I love going to the Boardwalk at night. So much fun with all the performers and the music coming from Jellyrolls...man, I wish I was there!

Great thread! :thumbsup:

elmjimmlm
07-11-2008, 10:59 AM
I would say mine would have to be Fantasmic to begin with...I love walking around MK after dark and HS is great at night too...

DisneyOtaku
07-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Besides Spectromagic and the firework shows, I have to say Splash Mountain, because you get a beautiful view of the castle, and the climb up the big fall is scarier at night.

I also LOVE doing the Haunted Mansion at night, esp. during EMH, near the 'real' ghosting hours :D

disneygeek84
07-11-2008, 11:06 AM
:party2: Happy Birthday !!! :cheer:

My favorite things is to walk around Animal Kingdom at night (when it's open late). I love riding EE after dark...it's so much more fun in the dark! AK is just such an awesome park anyway so to see it at night is something special. :mickey:

Septbride2002
07-11-2008, 11:18 AM
I love Studios at night - I love the lightening. I also am a big fan of Animal Kingdom at night and the animals seem to be really active - I actually try to avoid AK unless it is after 3 or 4 pm.

~Amanda

Young@Heart
07-11-2008, 11:19 AM
I like the Jungle Cruise at night! We did this for the first time last trip and it's a much different experience. Also, BTMRR and SplM is fun at night.:mickey:

laward32
07-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Happy Birthday:party:

I would have to say watching Spectromagic and BTMRR. The TTA is cool at night too. Everything at Disney at night is awesome. Wish I was there.:mickey:

brewcrew26
07-11-2008, 11:58 AM
As I read this I was going...I like that, and that and that...

Well, first happy birthday!! :party:

I think my favorite is watching Spectromagic but riding the Jungle Cruise, TTA or BTMRR are also super cool at night.

This last trip I fell in love with Fantasmic, though! I keep watching our video of it and it gets me so excited!!

brownie
07-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Being in World Showcase and seeing Illuminations is my favorite night activity at Disney World.

IloveDisney71
07-11-2008, 12:35 PM
I love the atmosphere and lighting in all the Disney parks at night. It is a totally different experience from the parks during the day.
Here is what I love the most at night:
MK - riding Splash Mt., BTMRR, & the rocket ships in Tomorrowland, Seeing Wishes & Spectromagic, and walking down Main St. and thru Tomorrowland (The icicles at Christmas were the most amazing thing I've ever seen done to the castle.)
Epcot - walking thru the World Showcase - I love taking pictures there at night
DHS - Fantasmic
Animal Kingdom - I love walking thru all of the dark pathways/plants around the park and riding EE is better at night - it was so NEAT!!!

Mickey'sGirl
07-11-2008, 12:39 PM
I like the Jungle Cruise at night!
Yep -- It's fun and not especially crowded! :thumbsup:

The Haunted Mansion is great at night (I always like the HM, but more so at night!). The ghosting effects seem more vivid to me for some reason.

I also love the TTA at night -- DS4 and I have done countless laps on it when he is beat, and we are waiting ont DS10 and DH to go back to the resort.

Happy Birthday! :party:

bruin1344
07-11-2008, 01:00 PM
thunder mountain, tommorowland transit authority and world showcase

tta is good to watch while the fireworks are on

WriteDisney
07-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! :party:

I wish I was in Disney to enjoy the day more, but at least I can read about all these great Disney places!

I have added tons more things to do at night to my list :mickey:

Keep em coming :thumbsup:

Goes4FastPass
07-11-2008, 03:10 PM
My favorite thing about WDW at night is how much

Cooler

after the sun goes down.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-11-2008, 04:51 PM
:cloud9:

1. Wishes/Spectro Magic
2. Illuminations
3. Fantasmic

mattandmandy
07-11-2008, 09:30 PM
We love ending our days at Magic Kingdom. To me there is no better ending to a day at Disney than the Wishes fireworks show. In the past my husband and I have found ourselves rushing to MK at the end of the day from another park to not miss the show! We have seen the other fireworks shows at the other parks but Magic Kingdom is the best ending to our days!!!

AdventurerKim
07-11-2008, 09:55 PM
I love seeing Spectromagic, the water pagaent parade in front of Poly, riding the TTA, and seeing the Osborne lights at night in WDW! I also love going to Adventurers Club and Comedy Warehouse, but alas, my last trip to each has already been taken. :(