PDA

View Full Version : Vow Renewal

DisneyMom3
07-10-2008, 10:22 PM
My husband and I are planning to privately renew our wedding vows (13 years married) on Disney Property the first week in October this year. We plan on getting all dressed up (semi formal 'bride/groom' . We want to try and find a beautiful spot (at one of the resorts) to exchange our newly engraved wedding rings and to say new vows to one another. We don't plan on having an officiant of any kind nor do we plan on having guests. It will just be the two of us. Afterwards we have ressies at the California Grill...we will be there during the fireworks.
Does anyone have any recommendations on a perfect spot we can do this 'vow renewal'? I picture it taking place in the early evening. Does anyone have any recommendations on a way we can do this that perhapes I haven't thought of???

PLease....an ideas are welcome.

We will be staying at the WL..btw.

DISNEYLOVERS5
07-10-2008, 10:28 PM
the wishing well at cinderellas castle

TammiMcMan
07-11-2008, 01:27 AM
the wishing well at cinderellas castleThat's not something that can be done in the park.

As it's just the two of you, I would say that around the resort, it would be treated more like an engagement. I would just try not to tempt the fates and Disney security, by drawing too much attention to yourselves. There are some beautiful spots right around the Boardwalk, like the bridge down by Epcot and even just alongside the water at the Swan/Dolphin. You could walk by the YC and see if anyone is using the wedding gazebo.

Giselle
07-11-2008, 10:26 AM
I think if you want semi-privacy, you will need to do it outside at a resort. There are many beautiful spots at Wilderness Lodge. One idea is the beach in the evening when there are not a lot of kids around. There are some semi-private spots in landscaping with the waterfall in the background. Also any spot by the water at the Poly or at GF. If you are going to have a photographer, he/she can probably find a good spot also.

Young@Heart
07-11-2008, 10:49 AM
I would suggest somewher at GF, then booking the photography session for right afterwards! This way, you'll have some beautiful pictures. :mickey:

TammiMcMan
07-11-2008, 11:35 AM
I think the OP needs to keep this on the very down low and not involve a photographer or anyone else. The problem is, Disney offers a vow renewal package and it's against their policy to conduct one on your own, anywhere on the property. What she's describing though, doesn't involve an officiant, witnesses or anything like that though. It would only be the two of them, maybe just sitting or standing somewhere and reaffirming their vows. If they look like a bride and groom however and bring along a photographer, then it could possibly draw the attention of Disney security.

DisneyMom3
07-11-2008, 11:55 AM
All good information...keep it all comin!!

I made reservations for my husband and I at the WL. I also made ressie's at the California Grill for 9:20 that evening.

Its going to be my husband and I only...we are going to exchange rings (our original bands that we will have had newly engraved) and say new vows to eachother. I picture us standing somewhere...not sitting. We will probably ask a passer by to take a photo of us at serveral points during the evening. Although I will be wearing an off white dress that looks 'bridal' we are hardly having an affair that Disney could be upset about. It would be the same situation as a proposal of sorts.

TammiMcMan
07-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Although I will be wearing an off white dress that looks 'bridal' we are hardly having an affair that Disney could be upset about. It would be the same situation as a proposal of sorts.I understand what you're saying, but Disney doesn't offer packages for engagements ;).

GrandFlo
07-11-2008, 08:30 PM
I like the beach area between the GF and Poly.