PDA

View Full Version : Which one do you like better?

LizLovesDiz
07-10-2008, 12:32 PM
We usually go to the value resorts because all that we do is sleep and shower.This trip my DH just wants to relax.I want to stay at either PORS or CS.Is one resort better equipped and nicer than the other?Also how about the bus service?Thanks in advance! :mickey:

bkfree
07-10-2008, 12:46 PM
We are sorta in the same boat for our trip in Dec.
Last trip we stayed at YC, but really did not spend that much time in the room per say.

So we decided to go moderate for our trip in Dec. While we don't spend too much time in the room, with two kiddos we do hang out around the resort.
After reading hours and hours of reviews and opinions and suggestions- we are staying at POFQ.
But I also realized that no matter which one we chose, it would be great and we would have a good time because it is 1) DISNEY and 2) It would be a NEW experience.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-10-2008, 01:06 PM
:) Have never stayed at the Port Orleans Resorts but have heard a lot of good things about Riverside, not as much about French Quarter.

We stayed at Coronado Springs last time and here is my opinion

Pros:
1. Great Food Court-You can have steak at CS prices and there is a great variety.
2. Very cool themed pool

Cons:
1. The resort layout is huge so depending on where your room is you could have a long walk to the foodcourt or laundry/they have bus stops spread out so that's not so bad

RedSoxFan
07-10-2008, 01:28 PM
The only moderate we've stayed at is POFQ and we're going back in October. I love it there. Very small and nothing is a far walk regardless of what building you are in. It does share busses with POR; but POFQ is picked up and dropped off first. We never had a problem with the bus service.

kathiep
07-10-2008, 02:51 PM
While I've only visited POR, I have stayed at CSR and that gets my vote.

The food court is oustanding. Hands down winner over POR - and I did eat at the POR food court.

The main pool area if fantastic. Very big, never felt over crowded. The quiet pools are very nice too.

The busses at CSR are never crowded and aren't shared with any other resort. Maybe the lack of crowds on the busses is in part due to the conventioners not going to the parks when most people are. And, we never really saw too much of the conventioners during our stay. Just some walking around occasionally but nothing to take away from our vacation mind-set.

Although some find the resort large, we were in Ranchos, the furthest section and we would make it to the main building in under 10 minutes. And we thought the walk around the lake, especially at night, was once of the nicest properties we've seen.

tinksmom02
07-10-2008, 03:40 PM
We've stayed at CSR, POR, and POFQ, and are returning to POFQ in Sept. It is by far our favorite, because of its size (you're no more than a five minute walk away from anything), and also because you can walk to POR (or take the boat) and enjoy the amenities there.

We enjoyed POR but found it too spread out for our taste. We were in the Alligator Bayou section, in one of the most removed buildings available, which I'm sure was part of the reason we didn't enjoy it as much as others have.

We stayed in I think the Ranchos in CSR in 2004, and enjoyed this resort, but again, it's very large. I think the pool area is the nicest of the three, however--the pool, children's pool, playground and sandbox-area are all in the same area. I don't specifically remember what we ate at the Pepper Market, but I remember having quite a selection to choose from. I think more so than at POR or POFQ. Our room was only steps away from one of the quiet pools (FQ doesn't have quiet pools, but CSR and POR do).

As far as amenities, I think all of the mods have the same amount--fridge, coffee pot, blow dryer, bigger sizsed rooms than the values, etc.

Can't help you with bus service, as we usually rent. We're trying it out in Sept though! I've heard that POFQ and POR share a bus, and that POFQ is first to pick up. Pretty sure that POFQ has just one stop, but I think POR has more, and I know that CSR has a few.

Hope that helps!

jonahbear2006
07-10-2008, 04:03 PM
I am a big fan of PORS and FQ. I love the louisiana feel and the pools, the food, the live entertainment, Def. PO!!!