PDA

View Full Version : Making welcome baskets

Young@Heart
07-10-2008, 12:39 AM
We're doing this for our 3 DC this trip. I got them each a pin from POP, some Disney candy, goggles for the pool, and a few small Disney toys (princess things for DD and Mickey things for DS's). We're also going to put a resort mug, loaded arcade card, and pressed coin book in once we arrive. I'm going to sneak these into the room after we check-in.

I'm doing something similar for DH, but it will probably just be the pin, mug, coin book, and maybe some candy.

What else have people done to make welcome gifts for their families? I love to hear all the creative ideas! :mickey:

brownie
07-10-2008, 09:49 AM
On our last family trip to Disney World, I started collecting little Disney items like bobbleheads and the little towels in advance of our trip. I had something for everyone every day of the trip. We also had the Disney Florist deliver a treat basket (which was actually in an insulated Mickey bag.)

I really like your idea of putting something together and sneaking it to the room. I may do that on our next trip.

Beast_fanatic
07-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Some other ideas that I've heard of are personalized shirts (Disney store (http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=CskCx7emGUE&offerid=6555.10000047&type=4&subid=0) online carries some) and disposable cameras or disposable waterproof cameras (particularly if you're going to a water park).

LittleRoosMommy
07-18-2008, 04:26 PM
For our past 2 trips to WDW I made personalized shirts for the trip. We got so many compliments on them the first time, that I decided to do it a second time. I didn't tell anyone that I was doing it and since I do all of the packing, it was easy to sneak them into the luggage without DDs and DH finding them before we got to WDW. We're going back in October and I plan on doing them again! This time we're taking our parents with us! I can't wait to be able to surprise them as well!!:secret: