PDA

View Full Version : need some opinions

Zimkeeper
07-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Now that I just found out that Concourse Steakhose is no more, I need one more ADR for our January trip. Trying to decide between Spoodles or Boatwrights (staying at POR) I would appreciate any opinions.

laprana
07-09-2008, 04:28 PM
I've eaten at both Spoodles and Boatwrights, and really enjoyed both of them! I think I might give the edge to Spoodles...the location is great because you're right on the Boardwalk, so there's lots to do before or after dinner. It also has a really nice atmosphere. I've been to Spoodles twice, and both times the food and service were excellent! We ate at Boatwrights this past June and also had very good food. The service was pretty good, but not the best we've had at WDW. Since you're staying at POR, Boatwrights would be really convenient for you! The themeing inside the restaurant is neat with the hull of a "ship in progress" overhead and the old ship building tools hung on the wall. There's also a nice fireplace toward the back of the dining room that's really cozy. I don't think you can go wrong with either place! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
07-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Not thrilled with either one, but I would choose Spoodles over Boatwright's. We ate at Boatwright's when we stayed at POR, and it was okay but not great, a good option if you're staying at POR and want a quiet night at the resort. Spoodles is decent, but it's pretty standard fare, nothing special. It's loud inside. Good location. The Boardwalk is fun.

If looking for a Concourse replacement, I would be inclined to try the Wave or head to the Grand Floridian Cafe.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-09-2008, 07:44 PM
A friend of mine is at WDW right now and she ate at Spoodles last week and said it was a great meal. I haven't eaten at either yet so can't give you first hand advise.

wendy*darling
07-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Spoodles is a good choice- especially if it's on a night you may be in Epcot. Just a short walk out the "back door" to the Boardwalk and easy to get back in for Illuminations after dinner.
It's also convenient if you are at DHS.

Boatwright's I would do only if you are hanging at the resort for the evening.

But I agree with the suggestion to try The Wave at the Contemporary. We have it on our list for January, and I have been hearing good things about it so far. :thumbsup:

brownie
07-10-2008, 10:02 AM
We've only had breakfast at Boatwrights, which has been good, but we have had dinner at Spoodles which we enjoyed. The food and service were good, and I'd eat there again.

jonahbear2006
07-10-2008, 03:32 PM
I would do both. Do spoodles for a dinner one night and then get breakfast at boatwrights before you check on, on your last day. it will get you going for the day and you wont have to feel rushed to get somewhere else to get something in your belly.