PDA

View Full Version : Crt

KayDee
07-09-2008, 12:37 PM
For our upcoming trip we have a dinner booked for CRT. I was really looking forward to it however recently I have been reading some really bad reviews on the food. Considering we are using 2 TS credits for this I want to know that we are going to enjoy this meal. Who has eaten there recently and how was the food? Also, how do the pictures work? If you are on the dining plan and using credits do you still need to purchase the pictures or is this part of the package? Thanks in advance for your responses.

lockedoutlogic
07-09-2008, 12:40 PM
I believe the pictures are separate....and are quite expensive as i remember.....

but don't quote me on that.....

CRT is an extension of all magic kingdom restaurants.....some days they can be good.....but alot of the time the food quality falls far short of the restaurants in the resorts and other parks.....

i also think that unless you are character nuts.....crt would be a waste for you....

if you want good two credit restaurants.....there are 3 within striking distance of the magic kingdom.....

Texas Tinkerbell Too
07-09-2008, 01:29 PM
It's been about 5 years since we "dined" at CRT. While it was nice to see all the princesses, I am sorry to say that we felt the food was barely edible. The water was horrible! The waiter joked about it coming from the mote. I almost believed him.

Again, my opinion is based on our experience several years ago. So, maybe it has improved. Good luck.

TheRustyScupper
07-09-2008, 05:37 PM
1) The pictures are included in the dinner package.
2) Especially since there are no princesses.
3) However, the CRT food is not worth 2-TS coupons.
4) In actuality, TS coupons are a bad investment for
. . . any breakfast
. . . any character meal
. . . most lunches

Disnamic Duo
07-10-2008, 08:33 AM
My wife and I went there for dinner Jan 2007 (not on dining plan). Although we've had better meals at other places we thought the food was quite good. As with many WDW restaurants, the ambiance is a big part of the enjoyment of the meal there. We've been there twice, and were happy both times. We'll be going back.

kathiep
07-10-2008, 11:03 AM
We did CRT last year. On the DDP, the picture is included. It's a nice memento.

The food was only OK. Nothing to write home about. Is it worth 2 TS credits, probably not.

However if you haven't dined in the castle before, it is an experience you should try.

We've done it once, are glad we did, probably won't do it again.

jonahbear2006
07-10-2008, 03:28 PM
If I could convince everyone who asked about this restaurant, to not go, I would. There was nothing about this place that was worth even a regular dinner price. Truthfully, I would've been happier if it were Mcdonald's food. 2 table credits? ha, its not worth 1. My husband got Major Domo's favorite Pie and didn't get to eat cause he hated the food. Mine was, eh, ok but it was a club sandwich that here in town I could've gotten WITH a bowl of soup for $5.99. The children's menu is exactly the same as the menu at Akershus and I will tell you, this restaurant is Amazing! Same princess, half the price, get pictures here too only with Belle instead of Cindy, though you have to buy them, you get a pre-dinner buffet, desserts are 5x better than the little muffin you will get at CRT and are also refillable. My children couldn't wait to get out of CRT and upon reservations me and hubby were very excited about it and kept it a secret, hoping the kids would be delighted that we got in. Needless to say, I still wish we had our other dining credit back and we will never go again.

wendy*darling
07-10-2008, 05:45 PM
I haven't dined in the Castle since it was King Stefan's Banquet- many years ago. So I do not have any recent experiences to relate.
I do have a question for you to ask of yourself and your dining companions.

Why are you going to CRT?
-Is it for the characters (Fairy Godmother)? If so, there are other 1TS places to eat with either a variety of Princesses (Norway) or Cinderella, Prince Charming, etc. (1900 Park Fare).
- Is it for the meal? If so, there some fabulous 2TS restaurants all along the monorail line- some with great views of the Castle and even the fireworks -if you time your ADR (California Grill, Narcoossee's- and 'Ohana for 1TS).
- Is it just to say "I ate in the Castle" ? If so, then maybe it is worth it for you. If you just need to have the experience, and you will do anything for that- it is a truly unique place. And it's fun to be in there.

But I would not go if I was looking for a great meal, or lots of character interaction.