PDA

View Full Version : Concourse Steakhouse?

Zimkeeper
07-09-2008, 11:35 AM
I just called to make my ADRs for our Jan. 09 trip. I was able to get LeCellier:party: and all of my other choices except for one. I did not know that the Concourse Steak House has been replaced with a new restaurant called "The Wave"? Has anyone tried this new place? How long ago did the Concourse close?

lockedoutlogic
07-09-2008, 12:35 PM
we always felt concourse was fantastic.....and one of the last restaurants i would ever have them replace....

but sadly....it closed in april and has been dismantled....there are some pictures floating out there in cyberspace.....

the spot where concourse was is going to be a Chef Mickey express....translation....the contemp's new fast food...

The Wave is downstairs in the spot where the old fast food location was.....it opened last month....i believe....

we know some people who have gone there and said its pretty good.....probably like most cafe type sitdowns located in the resorts......GF Cafe, Kona, Shutters, Cape May, Spoodles....etc....

we're going to try it in october....

buzznwoodysmom
07-09-2008, 01:21 PM
I am also sad that it closed down. We have always wanted to try it and unfortunately we never did. We debated about eating at Concourse Steak house and 1900 Park fair one night on our Thanksgiving vacation and decided on 1900 because that is where the rest of our group was eating. I really wish I had just gone with my gut and had dinner by ourselves that night. 1900 park fair was the worst meal we have ever had in WDW and now we'll never get to try Concourse Steak house. Oh well, hopefully it's replacement is a good option.

gauvin4
07-09-2008, 01:30 PM
We ate there Christmas Day 2007 and we loved it!! :thumbsup: Our waiter was fabulous. I was disappointed when they announced it would be closing. Well at least I made it there once.

Figment!
07-09-2008, 01:32 PM
See Contemporary Resort Restaurant Renovations (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=107969) for past and continuing updates regarding the resort's dining restructuring.

Keep an eye on the INTERCOT News forum to stay up-to-date with the latest changes around the Walt Disney World resort :thumbsup:

CosmicRay
07-22-2008, 02:21 PM
We tried Concourse Steakhouse this past Dec. for the first time and loved it. DH loved the steak and now I'm looking on here to find another restaurant with a good steak. It's sad though.