PDA

View Full Version : need advice re:Mickey's x-mas party

Lisa and Alan
07-09-2008, 09:17 AM
We have never been to the Mickey's Christmas party before and have purchased tickets for Dec 9th this year. I would appreciate any shared experience or advice anyone would have. It seems as there a 2 parades with fireworks in between the two. Are both parades the same? My DD is only 5 yrs old, so I can't imagine keeping her out until midnight, when the festivities end. Do you still need to stake you parade spot early like the daytime MK parade, or not so much since there are only a limited amount of tickets sold? I thought we would try to stay away from the rides, we can do those anytime during our stay, and try to focus on the "special evening events" going on. What in particular can we expect or plan to "must see" based on anyone past experience? Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Martino
07-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi, Both

Was there for this Dec 19th 2006. It was great!
We did not do many rides, there was no time really as there were great shows and parades all night. Both parades were the same.
There is a great show at the Galaxy Theatre, after that we went to Cinderella's castle to see the forecourt show, then shortly after that we caught the parade from the same location, it was awesome. Then straight after, it was turn around to face the castle again for Holiday Wishes, and all of this was very very good and well worth the money.
Enjoyed the cookies and hot chocolate too. We did fit in Buzz lightyear with very little queue, and after wishes we rode thunder mountain twice with no queue, by then it was nearly 1am. Our dd was 16 and ds 13 then, so didn't get too tired, and stayed all night.

This is something I will definitely do again on my next Christmas trip!:thumbsup:

SoaringEpcot
07-09-2008, 04:08 PM
We went this past December and it was great. We did catch a few of the shows, but mainly we did rides. Everything was walk right on. We had a 3 1/2 year old and he went until the park closed. However we did sleep in that day and took two naps.We did not even go into the park until about 7:00 pm. Most people seemed to be there for the shows, but we did the rides.

Goes4FastPass
07-09-2008, 04:59 PM
There are 2 fireworks shows.

6pm is 'Wishes' the "regular" fireworks show. This gives "day" guests a fireworks show and sendoff before the park closes at 7pm.

The MVMCP Parade takes place some time after 7pm, I think at 8pm and 10pm in the past. "Christmas Wishes" takes place between the parades, like 9pm.

As a MVMCP holder you can enter the park as early as 4pm

so...

You can see "Wishes" at 6pm and ''Christmas Wishes" at 9pm.

The parade that runs at 8pm and 10pm is a repeat - the MVMCHRISTMASParade - but different from the current evening parade 'SpectroMagic' which is not presented on MVMCP nights.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-09-2008, 07:29 PM
When we went it didn't seem terribly crowded so we did the special events AND went on the rides multiple times. The parade is not to be missed, it was great! If you are going to make ADRs for that night make sure to tell them that you are going to the party that night.

EditReject
07-09-2008, 08:20 PM
I went last year and thought it was great. I will be at WDW again on 12/2 (arriving mid-afternoon) and then heading straight to the MK for the party. In addition to what everyone has mentioned, the festive atmosphere is great too. The only downside I can see is the price (especially if you have a large group or family) which is somewhat expensive. But then again, how many times do you get to be in WDW during the holidays? If I had my way it would be every year! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
07-10-2008, 01:22 PM
You have to watch Mickey's twas the night before christmas. It's really cute and your daughter will enjoy the dance party

CaptainSad
07-10-2008, 02:28 PM
I was there in December on the 18th and 21st of last year. Had a great time. Be sure to be there at 4:00 p.m. for more time. Hit "Mickey's Twas The Night Before Christmas". Must see both Wishes and Christmas Wishes. See one of the Mickey's Christmas Parades. 2nd one is less crowded. Try to catch the dance parties at Cosmic Ray's, and Fantasyland. And of course the Hot Cocoa and cookies. You will have a blast.