PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion updated?

Figment52
07-09-2008, 08:00 AM
I got the planning dvd in the mail the other day - 99 days! Yay! :balloon: Anyway, we were watching it last night and they mentioned something about "enhancing" HM. What exactly did they do to the ride? I hope they didn't change it too much.

tinklover
07-09-2008, 08:31 AM
HM is one of my favorite rides. I am not gonna spoil it for you but.... lets just say that they upgraded it for the better and brought it up to date. I love the changes they have added.

Martino
07-09-2008, 08:45 AM
And I cannot wait to see the changes for myself.
5 weeks and 4 days, AND COUNTING! :thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-09-2008, 09:24 AM
They updated and enhanced all of the rooms.

The lobby was updated with new audio and better visuals for the painting of Master Gracey. The Stretching room went from having 8 speakers to 120 speakers. The waiting area for the queue line has new artwork above you (easy to miss if you don't look up). They improved lights in some areas, brought new things to motion. The ballroom was touched up with new colors and ghouls. The Spider Room was removed and the attic scene was completely redone. I won't tell you what exactly they put in there.

If you want a really tough challenge, there are 6 hidden Jack Skellingtons on the ride and one Sally. 4 are pretty much impossible to see without a flashlight and bright lights.

scoot241
07-09-2008, 10:06 AM
I haven't been on WDW's HM since they updated it, but I believe it got similar updates to the DL HM. The updates they did to DL's HM were great, so I'm sure the WDW HM is looking really good too.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
07-09-2008, 10:46 AM
4 are pretty much impossible to see without a flashlight and bright lights.Thanks for making that public...now I'll have to ride with others that not only ignore the no flash photography rule but will also now be equipped with search lights! ;)

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Hehe, I'm sorry!

I found it out when I went on a tour of the Mansion, which was the MOST AWESOME experience ever!!!!

wdwfansince75
07-09-2008, 01:07 PM
I've been riding HM since my first trip in 75, and it never got old....

But the changes are all great. First, the new launch system, the loop, and the plunge!

No, more like Jessica said....lots of detail improvement, including the cemetery scene, where the images on the singing busts are stunning. The attic scene is now as special as the ballroom scene always has been....Just one great re-hab! To the Imagineers, Bravo Zulu!

Nascfan
07-09-2008, 01:19 PM
I agree, the attic scene is out of this world. :thumbsup:

Very good improvements all the way around.

grumpyguy
07-09-2008, 01:44 PM
most people who have seen the refurb all have had positive reiews.sounds like mickey did it right when updating a classic:thumbsup:

xipetotec
07-09-2008, 04:11 PM
I got the planning dvd in the mail the other day - 99 days! Yay! :balloon: Anyway, we were watching it last night and they mentioned something about "enhancing" HM. What exactly did they do to the ride? I hope they didn't change it too much.

trust me, DW and I are Haunted Mansion FREAKS and when we rode the newly improved HM in March, we were just simply blown away!! The enhancements are exactly that! We rode it so many times after to see all the new details. just ... just great!

Kairi_7378
07-09-2008, 04:38 PM
The renovations to the Haunted Mansion were most respectfully carried out.

VolMickey
07-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Just heard about this recently when reading my Passporter (I think). Glad this thread is here. :hmghost:

I'm psyched about the trip coming up and this attraction is one of my favorites. My DD, 10, is more cautious about it, but I think she'll like it more now. At 8, she freaked, but in a bad way.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-09-2008, 08:06 PM
lets just say that they upgraded it for the better and brought it up to date. I love the changes they have added.
I'll second that emotion...This is one case where the refurbishment is definitely an improvement, and was well done!!:thumbsup:

Bay Lake
07-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Just got back Sunday, the HM is the best update that I have seen. The attic is great , so is the staircase room.:jack::jack: I miss out on the jack sightings. Always next time

IloveDisney71
07-10-2008, 11:47 AM
The updates fit in perfectly with the original HM. You'll want to ride it several times in order to take in all the changes. Have fun!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Just got back Sunday, the HM is the best update that I have seen. The attic is great , so is the staircase room.:jack::jack: I miss out on the jack sightings. Always next time

Trust me when I say they are near impossible to see without someone who knows where they are/has a light source. There are only two that you can somewhat see, if you are fast enough. Sally is also hidden but it's still possible to see her. All three of these ones are in the attic scene.

I would share more of my HM trivia but I kinda like knowing little things that others don't!

Imagineer1981
07-10-2008, 12:57 PM
[quote=If you want a really tough challenge, there are 6 hidden Jack Skellingtons on the ride and one Sally. 4 are pretty much impossible to see without a flashlight and bright lights.[/quote]

I didn't know that...nice new challenge!!!