PDA

View Full Version : Which Day to go to MK?

twinsmom01
07-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Hi. This is my first post here. A friend from work recommended this site. It's awesome! There is more WDW info here that I could imagine.

We are going to WDW October 17 - 20. We plan to go to Epcot and MK on Saturday and Sunday. My question is which day should we go to which park? The Halloween party is the 19th (Sunday) which we aren't going to attend. So, would we be better off going to MK on Saturday, or Sunday the day of the party? Which day might be less crowded? Thanks!

tinklover
07-09-2008, 08:41 AM
I would say go to MK on Sat it does not close til 11 and you can get more done. The day of the party it closes at 7. I can't really say anything about crowds as I have not been there in Oct.

tinklover
07-09-2008, 08:43 AM
First let me start by saying,
:welcome::rocks:
I would say go to MK on Sat it does not close til 11 and you can get more done. The day of the party it closes at 7. I can't really say anything about crowds as I have not been there in Oct.

KAT1811
07-09-2008, 08:46 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!! I think you're going to like it here!!!

:congrats: on your first post!!!

Okay now onto the topic at hand. I would recommend going to the Magic Kingdom on Saturday. After checking into the park hours the MK closes at 11:00pm on Saturday and 7:00pm on Sunday (you'd have to leave the park at 7:00pm since you are not planning on attending the party). Given those hours and the length of your trip I would say to take advantage of the longer hours.

Tick-Tock
07-09-2008, 12:33 PM
As far as crowds, I think Sunday will be less crowded than Saturday at MK. Saturdays are always very busy and there will be a lot of people wanting to take advantage of the longer hours on Saturday because of the party on Sunday. But if it's important to you to see Wishes and Spectromagic, you'll probably want to go on Saturday, since you won't have the opportunity Sunday.

Young@Heart
07-09-2008, 11:17 PM
I bet it would be less crowded on Sat, and therefore you could get more done. But I have no exp. w/ that time of year to back up my theory. :blush:

twinsmom01
07-10-2008, 07:00 AM
Thanks for your replies. Right now we're thinking Satruday for MK and Sunday for Epcot. I have a feeling MK will be crowded Sunday with people planning to go to the Halloween party later.

Thanks again! Everyone here is so nice!

Quasimodo
07-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Right now we're thinking Satruday for MK and Sunday for Epcot. I have a feeling MK will be crowded Sunday with people planning to go to the Halloween party later.

MK will be more crowded on Saturday than on Sunday. I have been to MK on weekends in Oct many times. In fact, I will be there that same weekend you will be. While both Saturdays and Sundays are crowded at MK, Saturdays are usually more crowded. Most guests will be doing the same thing you are. Looking at the park hours and thinking they will get more bang for their buck on Saturday because the park is open longer. In addition, many guests arrive at WDW on Saturdays. The first place most people want to go after arrival is the Magic Kingdom.

Here is my recommendation. Buy tickets for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on Sunday night. Then use your normal park ticket for Sunday to go to Animal Kingdom, which closes at 5 PM. After AK closes, head over to the MK for the party. Even though the party starts at 7PM, you can get into the MK with the MNSSHP tickets as early as 4 PM. Giving you 3 hours of normal park operation before the party starts. I highly recommend this party. If you search the posts on this board for MNSSHP, you will find most people here rave about it. It is much less crowded in the MK during the party than during normal park hours. The ride lines will be very short which alone makes it worth the cost. The parade and fireworks are spectacular and not to be missed. In addition, there is Trick-or-Treating for everyone. There are special dance parties for the kids. There is smoke and spooky music playing throughout the park. Halloween decorations everywhere. Also many guests will be dressed in costumes. In fact I recommend bringing a costume to wear if you do go. It is much more fun. Anyway, just my 0.02 worth on it.

bruin1344
07-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Info central on this site has a great reference to which days are busier in the park, i avoid any park that has extra magic hours morning unless i plan on getting to the park when the emh morning starts

DDuck66
07-11-2008, 10:47 AM
MK will be more crowded on Saturday than on Sunday. I have been to MK on weekends in Oct many times. In fact, I will be there that same weekend you will be. While both Saturdays and Sundays are crowded at MK, Saturdays are usually more crowded. Most guests will be doing the same thing you are. Looking at the park hours and thinking they will get more bang for their buck on Saturday because the park is open longer. In addition, many guests arrive at WDW on Saturdays. The first place most people want to go after arrival is the Magic Kingdom.

Here is my recommendation. Buy tickets for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on Sunday night. Then use your normal park ticket for Sunday to go to Animal Kingdom, which closes at 5 PM. After AK closes, head over to the MK for the party. Even though the party starts at 7PM, you can get into the MK with the MNSSHP tickets as early as 4 PM. Giving you 3 hours of normal park operation before the party starts. I highly recommend this party. If you search the posts on this board for MNSSHP, you will find most people here rave about it. It is much less crowded in the MK during the party than during normal park hours. The ride lines will be very short which alone makes it worth the cost. The parade and fireworks are spectacular and not to be missed. In addition, there is Trick-or-Treating for everyone. There are special dance parties for the kids. There is smoke and spooky music playing throughout the park. Halloween decorations everywhere. Also many guests will be dressed in costumes. In fact I recommend bringing a costume to wear if you do go. It is much more fun. Anyway, just my 0.02 worth on it.
I agree 100%!!! MNSSHP is the best hard ticket event that the MK has (IMHO). We have been every year for the past 3 years and are going again on Oct 2nd!!!!