PDA

View Full Version : Awwwe Cranium Command

LiloLovesTheKing26
07-09-2008, 12:25 AM
I just got done listening to the whole cranium command show on live365!! I forgot how awesome that show was! I miss it so much! What is the deal with the WOL pavillion?? Are they ever going to do anything with it?

Young@Heart
07-09-2008, 02:44 PM
We never took the opportunity to see Cranium Command, and I really wish we had. :(

kbean
07-09-2008, 02:46 PM
I thoght is was a bummer too when the closed WoL. They said some cool stuff in there.

Goes4FastPass
07-09-2008, 05:07 PM
We always enjoyed Cranium Command but installing it in another place would require an update. When you use contemporary humor like the heart guys being Hans and Franz hear to "Pump... you up!" that humor goes from current to passe.

Imagineer1981
07-09-2008, 05:32 PM
I miss it soooo much....WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? DISNEY WORLD??

garthbarth1
07-09-2008, 06:25 PM
I dont remember this attraction...what was it about??

alilprincessmom99
07-09-2008, 06:57 PM
I have to admit, I don't remember this attraction either. Can someone tell us a little about it.

CaptSmee
07-09-2008, 08:25 PM
I dont remember this attraction...what was it about??

I have to admit, I don't remember this attraction either. Can someone tell us a little about it.

...aaaaannnnd this is unfortunately the reason the pavilion closed! :( A lot of people overlooked it in it's little hidden nook between Horizons & Universe of Energy. I thought the whole Wonders of Life Pavilion was neat! Body Wars was more fun than Star Tours!

Polynesian Dweller
07-09-2008, 09:54 PM
The pavillion also lost its sponsor and without one Disney doesn't tend to keep things going for long.

Cranium Command was a lot of fun and not promoted hard enough. It was really well done and we enjoyed it every trip.

Currently, the building is used for special events such as headquarters for the Food and Wine Festival.

Rhetoric2000
07-10-2008, 05:33 AM
I actually consider the slow development from WOL being the hip new thing in EPCOT to the desolate shell I witnessed at Xmas '06 to be one of the most depressing developments at any WDW park.

I remember the place teeming for a good few years - Body Wars was the highest profile ride in the park; there was Cranium Command, Making of Me, Anacomical Players, Goofy About Health, Baseball swing analysis, frozen yogurt and health bar, bicycles and health equipment, science experiments. And for as long as ALL of those things were attracting people (and they did for a good 5 years) the pavilion was packed.

Apparently it turned out that most of the traffic came from Body Wars and when Test Track opened (and simulators had become passe) the exodus that followed altered the whole balance of the pavilion. People didn't GO to WOL for Cranium etc, they went for Body Wars and did all the other things while they were there - of which Cranium was the highest profile among low profile items.

If Body Wars had been gutted and a high-profile Soarin'-type ride had been put in, then WOL would still be what it was (and The Land would be the depressing desolate pavilion that it looked like it was becoming in the late 90s). Cranium would then certainly have had the massive by-association boom that Living with the Land and Circle of Life experienced.

On such decisions.....etc etc.

LiloLovesTheKing26
07-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Here is a run down of cranium command from wikipedia: The preshow consists of an animated segment featuring General Knowledge (voiced by Corey Burton) briefing his "Cranium Commando" troops on their mission: to pilot human brains and keep the people they're in out of trouble. A bumbling little soldier named Buzzy (Scott Curtis) has been given one of the most difficult missions of all: piloting a twelve-year-old boy.

When General Knowledge speaks in the pre-show and is explaining that they are different kinds of brains, he shows a picture of Albert Einstein, as the example of a person who uses his brain and Ernest P. Worrell (a popular fictional character played by Jim Varney, who was appearing in series of feature films produced by Disney at the time), as an example of the opposite. At the end of the preshow, General Knowledge asks the guests, "Where do you think you are, Disney World?!"

The main show is presented in a theater which is designed to represent the inside of a human head; the outside world is seen on video displays where the eyes would be. Buzzy is an Audio-Animatronic on an articulated seat so that he can move around during the performance. Helping him pilot the twelve-year-old (also acted by Scott Curtis), via appearances on other video screens, are the logical Left Brain (Charles Grodin), the wacky Right Brain (Jon Lovitz), the hungry Stomach (George Wendt), the panicky Bladder (Jeff Doucette), the Adrenal Gland (Bobcat Goldthwait) who is prone to overreacting, and the heart's Right and Left Ventricles (Dana Carvey and Kevin Nealon, reprising their Hans and Franz roles from Saturday Night Live). The Hypothalamus (voiced by Kirk Wise), which regulates autonomic bodily functions, is represented via Audio-Animatronics as a robot.

The show takes Buzzy's host through a typical day: getting up, skipping breakfast, running to school, meeting a cute girl (Annie, played by Natalie Gregory), getting involved in a food fight at lunch, getting sent to the principal (Kenneth Kimmins), and being thanked by the girl. At each point in the day, the various organs of the body talk to Buzzy and explain the problems they're facing.