PDA

View Full Version : Share your birthday stories!

LiloLovesTheKing26
07-09-2008, 12:19 AM
I went for my 30th birthday 2 years ago and wore my button to Epcot and to Ohana's Of course I got lots of happy birthdays but the special ones I remember were

IN morroco A guy in one of the shops wrote happy birthday gina in arabic on a notepad.

IN Teppenyaki I was given a chefs hat that had happy birthday written in japanese and a special dessert.

In Le Cellier I was given a piece of cake with a candle and a mickey card signed by all the staff in the kitchen

In Italy I was given some sort of dessert with a candle

At Ohana's I was given an arrangment of little umbrella flowers and some extra lay's

I'm going back again this year for my birthday and I might have to get my button back out!! I loved being made to feel special on my birthday!! How about you guys?? Share your stories!

disneycutie165
07-09-2008, 07:40 AM
One of my friends, (when we were in 3rd grade, we're in 7th now), went for her 9th b-day. She thought she'd like it but she didn't! I was so disappointed! She said she would never go back because she is too old. I am 13 and I still love it! But she did like it because she saw a Jesse McCartney concert(our 3rd grade celeb crush) and he touched her hand. And she did like Fantasmic.

like2workout
07-09-2008, 09:07 AM
we went to liberty tree for dinner on my sister's birthday (who is in her 40's) and they brought her a birthday cupcake, threw mickey confetti over her, sang, and gave her a birthday card signed by mickey and different characters. it was a fun night!

biodtl
07-09-2008, 09:17 AM
I havent been on my birthday, but last time we were there on our anniversary. We didn't know about the buttons, but someone in our party le the CMs at Crystal Palace know it was our anniversary that nght and they gave us cupakes, confetti and a certificate. And had the characters come around and (silently) wish us a happy anniversary.

IN morroco A guy in one of the shops wrote happy birthday gina in arabic on a notepad.

That's my name, too, and when we were there last, I bought a necklace and had my name put on it in Arabic. I was paranoid that it said something like "Stupid", until the other CMs in Morocco started calling me by name. Not that I had any reason not to trust the CM who wrote the name, but I have heard all the chinese tattoo stories..

tinklover
07-09-2008, 10:11 AM
we were just there a month ago and we celebrated my youngest DDs 4th birthday early. we got her a birthday pin when we checked into Pop. The next day was our MK day. we went early for a BBB appointment and the fairy godmothers in training all made a big to do over her and we left to go back tyo teh hotel after the parade. we got to our room and there was a set of balloons and a card signed by cinderella and prince charming along with a pic of both of them and signed as well. we went back to Mk for EMH and she wa stopped by a dream team member as we were heading to get in line for dumbo and he had everyone around sing her happy birthday and he then sprinkled confetti (http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k148/twostepper_1999/HPIM1650.jpg) over her. That was the best moment (http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k148/twostepper_1999/HPIM1651.jpg)of our trip for her.

Diznee4Me
07-09-2008, 11:43 AM
My 37th the family and I hit all four parks in one day. Just something I wanted to try.:thumbsup:

On my 38th, a friend of mine (jrkcr here on Intercot) surprised me with a visit from Mickey at our table at Chef Mickey's. I received a cupcake and a lot of confetti. :D

Last year we went about a month before my b-day and this year the same. I would really like to go back after our trip this year for my 40th.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-09-2008, 11:54 AM
I usually almost always spend my b-day at Disney so I'll just share my most recent.

This year, I had the great fortune of meeting who is now my boyfriend there, who works OMD at Studios. But I was also able to meet and get the autographs of three villians - Snow Queen, Prince John and Jafar. That actually made my day more than anything else.

ransam
07-09-2008, 02:01 PM
i spent my 44th b-day there last year w/ my sister and friend...they gave me one of those b-day buttons....and i bet you could have easily counted the cast members who did not wish me happy b-day than those who did. my sister said that on the first day one employee said happy b-day, then another did and she thought, oh that's nice of them..but then it didnt' take her long before she realized that this was going to be non-stop...even characters in the parade were wishing me happy b-day. we were on the dining plan, and i couldn't even use up all my snack credits. everytime i would go to get something the CM would tell me it was "on mickey for your b-day"....we went to Everest and it was kind of late, we hadnt' seen much and i told them that if we did that it would probably be the last thing we did that day cause the wait was so long....then some guy came up and wished me a happy b-day and then said "you don't want to wait in this line on your b-day do you?"...he took us right up front. we rode it twice w/ him. and then he took us to the nemo show, and got us right on, took us to the rapids and took us right on....
and finally, every place we ate, we got extra deserts....
heck, next time i go back, i might tell them that it is my b-day even if it's not!!!