PDA

View Full Version : winning dreams

mel
07-09-2008, 12:15 AM
how do you go about winning prizes in the dream contest?

allentownguy
07-09-2008, 03:46 AM
um for a small fee of $200 i will sell you my dreams...lol just kidding.
they have a staff that goes around all the parks and you just have to be in the right place at the right time.
when i was there last year we ate at the crystal palace for breakfest and while we were waiting for our table a cm came up to her and gave her a white envelope with the "year of a million dreams logo on it" and she asked her if she would like to be chef of the day. of course she said yes :) me my daughter and my ex ate for free. about a half hour after they closed for breakfest, winnie the pooh and tigger came out with the chef and they helped her decorate a cookie. the disney photographer came in and took a bunch of photos and gave us a voucher for them for free. when we left my ex told her to look in the envelope and to our supprise it had a "wish" for us to have dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. it also had vouchers for photos.
my daughters smile that day was priceless! it is a memory that we will never forget.

i hope everyone can aslo enjoy the happiness that cm gave my family that magical day!

good luck, and i hope you get that wish, kyle :mickey:

brownie
07-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Be in the right place at the right time.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-09-2008, 09:25 AM
You get up really early, go the park of your choice and pay the admission fee, walk in and hope you get picked. That's about it.

The only thing that might help is having a larger group - larger groups take up more seats and spaces on rides and therefore, means you have a higher chance of winning since your group has the majority of the ride occupied. But really, that's not even a guarantee to work because the awards are given out completely random.

TheRustyScupper
07-09-2008, 10:44 AM
1) There are basically five places to be to get "Dreams".
2) These are the most common, and occur literally every day.
3) In fact, you can count on the time of day.
. . . first - at 8;45am, be at

. . . oops, wait a second, wife is calling
. . . meal time
. . . I'll get back to this later

Minnie Imagineer
07-09-2008, 10:59 AM
I love allentownguys' story- that is adorable!! I heard (from somewhere on the internet) that CM's stand in a certain location with some sort of walkie-talkies and their boss will say something like "the next person who is wearing green shoes, give them envelope #5"

big blue and hairy
07-09-2008, 11:00 AM
how do you go about winning prizes in the dream contest?
There is no way to actually increase the odds, just head to the parks and go about. :D

:sulley:

BraddyB
07-09-2008, 11:10 AM
I think the best chance of winning something is just pure luck

allentownguy
07-09-2008, 11:29 AM
the best part about the dreams giveaway is anyone can be picked. but ppl would like to think you have to be the perfect looking family. the fact is i am a 6'2, 250lb and have about 40 tattoos. the day my family won my daugeter my ex and myself were all sporting our mickey ears and i allways wear a tanktop (proud of my tattoos :). i would have never guessed we would have won, thats one of my personal reasons why disney is truly magical :thumbsup:

ps: Minnie Imagineer, thanks for the compliment:thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-09-2008, 11:36 AM
There is no way to actually increase the odds, just head to the parks and go about. :D

:sulley:

Technically, there is. Having a larger group. It won't make them pick your group because you have a large family - it increases the amount of space you occupy, and therefore, increases the odds.

An example would like be like on....Kali River Rapids. Only one seat is awarded the prize and it could be any of them, based on what the ticket in the envelope says. There are (since I can't remember exact numbers we're estimating) 6 sets of 2 seats - so a total of 12. If you are a party of one, you have a 1/12 chance of winning if that is the selected raft. But if you have 6 people, you have a 6/12 or 50% chance of winning.

See how the odds increased? But like I said, it doesn't mean you won because they saw you had a larger group - you won because you took up more space with your group.

SBETigg
07-09-2008, 11:37 AM
You can also mail postcards to an address. The information on that is on the Disney website. I don't remember the details.

I've only heard about people winning things like lanyards and mouse ears that way. We won lanyards, and it was a lot of fun to get them in the mail, a little exta Disney magic.

jrkcr
07-09-2008, 01:49 PM
We won a dream at DL in January, right outside Mr Toads Wild Ride. I think it was random, cause it was after dark-but we did all have on our "First Trip to DL" buttons.

You know, at the end of the ride, Toad dies. And I was talking about how nice " that special place" felt! I could have stayed there for a while.

:thedolls::freeze::thedolls: That's me in the middle.

Well, it was after dark, and I get cold easily!

My DH and 3 DD's were all giggling about me "visiting vs. staying" there where it is overly warm. Aren't they too funny!

TheRustyScupper
07-09-2008, 05:25 PM
1) Sorry about that.
2) But, when the wifes calls, you gotta go.
3) Now, to further discuss getting wishes.

. . . oops, forgot to mow the lawn
. . . be right back with the answers

VolMickey
07-09-2008, 07:05 PM
1) Sorry about that.
2) But, when the wifes calls, you gotta go.
3) Now, to further discuss getting wishes.

. . . oops, forgot to mow the lawn
. . . be right back with the answers

Dude, that is just too cruel ... :D

TheRustyScupper
07-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Dude, that is just too cruel ... :D

1) Yep.
2) Sorry, but things just keep getting in the way.
3) Now that I have some time, here are the ways to get wishes.

. . . wait a bit
. . . wife said breakfast is ready
. . . back soon

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Yeah I think he's trying to prove a point - just keep waiting and it might happen.